Adam Schein "This is the most embarrassing, saddest, pathetic quarterback competition of all time"

toffee

Reaction score
I can think of a few 'equally' pathetic QB competitions:

9ers 2000 - Giovanni Carmazzi, Jeff Garcia, Rick Mirer, Tim Rattay
9ers 1999 - Jeff Garcia, Steve Stenstrom, Steve Young

In 1999, when Steve injured out, the QB competition was between Garcia and Stenstrom, ie a nobody and a career backup. In 2000, it was the same nobody and Rick are-you-kidding Mirer.

toffee

Reaction score
To call our QB competition embarrassing, saddest, pathetic is a may be as we have two former starters competing for the opportunity to start again, both failed in their previous attempts. The writer is entitled to his opinions.

To call our QB competition the most embarrassing, saddest, pathetic of ALL TIME, is simply untrue and the writer was embarrassing himself. Is he 12 years old?

nanomoz

Reaction score
They'll be in a position to get the guy they want at QB in a much stronger QB draft next offseason.

I'm really glad they didn't use a pick on any of the guys in 2022. I think all the dudes they picked through the first six picks are going to matter on the next actually competitive Seahawks team.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Stouffer vs. McGwire was worse, but the fact I have to go back that far doesn't make me feel great.

toffee

Reaction score
Shien is easy to dislike, but is he wrong?
ABSOLUTELY!!

He said messed up with "ALL TIME", in the decades of NFL QB competitions, there were a lot of worse competitions. Frankly did Adam studies every QB competition since day 1 of NFL?? If he said in this season instead of all time, he could get away with it, he might still get away with by claiming in his life time. But all time?

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
There just really wasn't any QB worth investing in in 2022. Similar to 2011. Does spending a 2nd in 2011 on Dalton or Kaep and settling for 'good enough' keep them from spending a 3 on Russ the next year? Possibly.

Hoping to find your franchise QB in the draft is , agreed, far from a guarantee. But I think it represents the best potential mix of cost control and upside.

I doubt anyone is trading a quality veteran QB at this point, or are you thinking of, like, Lamar Jackson for example next offseason? You kind of lose the benefits of 3-4 years of cost control going that route though.

Are you opposed to spending either of the 2023 1st round picks on a QB?
I'd definitely take a shot with Huntley and hope Baltimore was satisfied with just Lamar and a rookie. Even if we draft a wonder QB in the draft it is highly unlikely to result in instant success.

willyrobt

Reaction score
I would like to ask this as- hat what we can do different. I don't see any pro bowl QB's available right now. I really hate some of these talking heads.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I don't know who this guy is, (he may be the worlds biggest dolt I have no idea) but in this case he isn't wrong.

GemCity

Reaction score
We’re in bad shape at QB but, this guys a total doofus and not worth the time it takes to click the link.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
He isn’t wrong.

as Expected a lot of attacks on the messenger instead of the message.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
They'll be in a position to get the guy they want at QB in a much stronger QB draft next offseason.

I'm really glad they didn't use a pick on any of the guys in 2022. I think all the dudes they picked through the first six picks are going to matter on the next actually competitive Seahawks team.
On paper I think this is their best draft since Wagner/Wilson. I think they'll end up hitting on more pro-bowl level players out of this draft but it's hard to argue against a draft with 2 HoFers.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Eh not a Schein fan but he's not totally off-base. This QB competition is like watching a footrace between two starfish.
If nothing else you made a creative post as your opener. Hope to see good stuff from you down the line. Please stick to the rules. I may be one of the janitors here but I hate dirty work. :) Welcome to the board.

whidbeast

Reaction score
If nothing else you made a creative post as your opener. Hope to see good stuff from you down the line. Please stick to the rules. I may be one of the janitors here but I hate dirty work. :) Welcome to the board.

Appreciate the welcome I've been on the board about 10 years. What rules were broken?

Last edited:

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
I would like to ask this as- hat what we can do different. I don't see any pro bowl QB's available right now. I really hate some of these talking heads.
Huge difference between “right now“ and “this off season” and also between “pro bowl” and “competent starting”

uncle fester

Reaction score
Stouffer vs. McGwire was worse, but the fact I have to go back that far doesn't make me feel great.
Hey, c’mon now, let’s not forget Stan Gelbaugh’s contributions (including back-to-back shutouts) when both of them were out injured. Staring into the proverbial abyss would’ve been more entertaining, I’ll admit…