Weekly Prosise unavailability thread

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":2bjpnulc said:
It sucks to see and I feel legitimately bad for him, but the meme must continue I guess.

Because it is comical at this point.

There's bad luck, and then there's "you just might not be cut out for being a professional football player." Being a football player means you know how to absorb contact, know how to turn your body to take hits, or avoid them.

This is especially true of a RB, so no sure what Prosise's problem is. But it ain't just bad luck.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2htq45gr said:
JGfromtheNW":2htq45gr said:
It sucks to see and I feel legitimately bad for him, but the meme must continue I guess.

Because it is comical at this point.

There's bad luck, and then there's "you just might not be cut out for being a professional football player." Being a football player means you know how to absorb contact, know how to turn your body to take hits, or avoid them.

This is especially true of a RB, so no sure what Prosise's problem is. But it ain't just bad luck.

Agreed, the consistency in which he's being injured shows it's not just bad luck. It's almost like RG3 or Flacco (recently against the Dolphins) just not knowing how to protect themselves. There's an art to sliding, giving yourself up, falling without injuring yourself, etc.

It seems Prosise hasn't figured out how to stay healthy or preserve his body.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
chris98251":2kim0kpy said:
Maybe we should get one of these for him so he doesn't break again.

a blowup sumo wrestler costume m 12 1483543546911

Wouldn't that suit make it awful hard to tell him apart from Eddie Lacy?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Eddy who?

Oh, you mean that expensive, fat, slow, now injured RB the team was hoping was going to give the running game some identity. :pukeface:

With Prosise I suppose it's piling on a bit, but in two seasons I doubt he's played in much more than 50 plays total.

He needs to work on his conditioning or take some martial arts training as he can't take a hit w/o being injured, and that isn't a good thing for a RB. He's going to need to demonstrate he can stay healthy or he will be looking for new team.

I doubt he's back this season.

Rocket

Reaction score
classicaaron":z5mebex2 said:
I would gladly take half his salary and save the team cap space. after all I can certainly take one carry every 6 games and get hurt just as good if not better than him. end results would be the same so call me up Pete :D
I'll lower ya 10%, I'm at 40%

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
He probably needs to be a WR or 3rd down back.

I think he would be a tremendous 3rd down back and cut down on some of the contact he has to take.

We have a guy that makes great plays when he plays but he has a hard time with contact. Since the goal should be to get great plays we just have to find ways of limiting contact.

hawk45

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1gqxqbyu said:

I think he would be a tremendous 3rd down back and cut down on some of the contact he has to take.

We have a guy that makes great plays when he plays but he has a hard time with contact. Since the goal should be to get great plays we just have to find ways of limiting contact.

Google his injury history. There are a couple contact injuries but more than half are ankle, hip, thigh, groin, etc.

Basically he's a less-durable Percy Harvin. Only way to keep him healthy is not use him at all.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
hawk45":1nd92mg0 said:
TwistedHusky":1nd92mg0 said:

Google his injury history. There are a couple contact injuries but more than half are ankle, hip, thigh, groin, etc.

Basically he's a less-durable Percy Harvin. Only way to keep him healthy is not use him at all.

The guy gets injured during warmups. If a defender looks at him he pulls up lane.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Same ol', same ol'.

Is a waste of talent, but an expert on malingering.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I'm honestly hoping that Procise will see some meaningful snaps in a Seahawk uni this season, and actually become a consistent contributor, preferably for the 'Hawks and not another team. I'm as baffled as anyone else at the neverending small injuries and unavailability, but I can't help but wonder if there is something else going on that the team is hiding from the public. For example, what if it eventually comes out that Procise has been battling some form of cancer the last couple years? I have NO INFORMATION to indicate that; PURELY HYPOTHETICAL, but dealing with treatment, surgeries, and trying to keep his body at an NFL level through such treatment, and being held out by the team to allow assorted surgeries to heal... I mean, seriously, something along that line is about all I can come up with that plausibly explains the situation. Maybe there is some other disease or condition that weakens connective tissue or bones or something.

Prosise's primary injury, reported after the Nov. 2017 game vs. the Eagles (in which Prosise had a 72-yard TD run) was a broken scapula. Assuming that we take the team at its word on the injury.

From Wikpedia:
"Usually, it takes a large amount of energy to fracture the scapula; the force may be indirect but is more often direct.[3] The scapula is fractured as the result of significant blunt trauma, as occurs in vehicle collisions.[4] About three quarters of cases are caused by high-speed car and motorcycle collisions.[4] Falls and blows to the shoulder area can also cause the injury.[4] Crushing injuries (as may occur in railroad or forestry accidents) and sports injuries (as may occur in horseback riding, mountain biking, bmxing or skiing) can also fracture the scapula." it also says, "Signs and symptoms may be masked by other injuries that accompany the scapular fracture.[2]"

What if Prosise's scapula fracture injury involved more than just a simple scapula fracture? It seems to take a LOT of force and trauma to break a scapula. Maybe Prosise was in an trauma-rich unreported auto (or ATV) accident with a host of tissue injuries, and the team just picked "broken scapula" as the one to report? Does anyone have a video link to a specific play in that Eagles game where Prosise got clocked that would account for a scapula fracture?

I'm sure I should just post this in a new thread, or post in the "CJ Prosise Weekly Unavailability Thread." It seems to me that we've been piling on Prosise, mocking him, for a year now, and it's truly hard for me to conceive that a guy like Prosise who has been able to make it to the NFL level and play VERY well (when healthy) would be a malingerer or "soft". Never mind the Percy Harvin counterexample; Prosise is no Pus, er, Percy Harvin. I mean, Prosise really seems like a good dude, smart, well-spoken, can even write, does what he can to be involved in the community, and was a Golden Domer in college, which, love or hate, Notre Dame isn't exactly a place where weaklings and quitters congregate to play college football. I don't recall ever hearing Pete criticize Prosise or roll his eyes when asked about Prosise (correct me if I'm wrong), where we DID hear Pete question Percy Harvin's injuries back in the day. Never heard a peep about Prosise being a locker room problem, or being less than a hard worker. (like all the crap we heard about McDowell that the 'Hawks chose to ignore and draft him anyway). So there's just a whole lot that doesn't add up on the C.J. Prosise front.

So it's maddening, frustrating, so see Prosise unavailable, week after week, and I can't help but feel we are being unfair to a man who is doing the best he can in a challenging situation, where a lot of the facts are likely being concealed from the public by the team.

I know that I injured my rotator cuff a year ago, just throwing way more than my shoulder was ever used to, and a year later, even though my strength and range of motion are back, I still can't throw worth crap, and during my rehab, I learned what a complicated and fragile joint the shoulder can be. It's a bloody miracle the thing works at all, IMO. To play RB/WR at an NFL level, that shoulder joint comes into play a LOT, and if it's not properly healed, it would be hard for a player like Prosise to really be ready to play, and the risk of ongoing reinjury/setbacks will always be there until it is truly healed.

I just can't help but feel we are getting very incomplete information on Procise's injury(ies) and that we have been unfairly dogging a guy who is plenty tough and committed, but just dealing with a crappy situation where his body is setting the timetable and that body has a mind of its own.

-------- FROM PROSISE's INJURY HISTORY ----------
Nov 20, 2016 NFL Shoulder Scapula Fracture Prosise has been hobbled his rookie year, this time he strained his shoulder and he missed 8 games.

Sep 11, 2016 NFL Hand Wrist Sprain/Pull Unspecified Prosise left the Week 1 matchup with a sprained wrist and missed the following 4 weeks as well.

Sep 11, 2016 NFL Hand Metacarpal Fracture Prosise left the Week 1 matchup with a sprained wrist and missed the following 4 weeks as well.
------------------------------------------------------------

Looking closely at the above, my take is that Prosise was in some sort of significant, forceful, traumatic fall, where he tried to break his fall with his arm, and the impact was so great that it broke his scapula and injured his wrist in the same incident, and jammed the arm bone into the shoulder and wrenched and damaged his shoulder joint soft tissue. Lots of tissue damage to the shoulder, and wrist, and the nerves that run from the shoulder down to the wrist and hand. That type of thing would be the injury that "keeps on giving".

Further, whatever the actual injury incident was, it occurred several weeks before the Sept. 11, 2016 game, probably sometime in August. Prosise did whatever he could to conceal the injury and play through it--he's got a team to make. He got well enough to play, and after aggravating the arm injury in the Sept. 11 game, he frantically rehabbed, and gave us that one excellent game, against the Patriots. The next week, the shoulder got re-broken, as it wasn't fully/properly healed in the first place. Onto IR he goes...

2017, Training camp, etc., the arm and shoulder tissues are still not where they need to be, but the team starts to conceal the actual arm/shoulder injury, by listing ankle sprains, pulled hamstrings, groin pull, etc. as the "actual" injury he is being held out for. Didn't the team conceal Richard Sherman's injuries for a full season? There may have been an actual ankle sprain or hamstring pull in there for Prosise, but those were more "made up" secondary injuries CJ would have otherwise played through, and used as cover for the ongoing arm, shoulder, wrist injury that is the real reason why he isn't on the field.

So, my tentative conclusion is that the original arm, shoulder, wrist hand injury from a traumatic fall is the actual injury keeping CJ off the field, that it's healing, but slowly, and the team doesn't want to rush him, and that every hit he takes on a less-than-fully recovered shoulder, wrist, and hand results in a setback, so the team holds him out of most "hitting activities". This also suggests that the team DOES believe he will eventually fully heal enough to play at the NFL level again.

I also believe the original injury to be a FOOTBALL INJURY, not an off-field injury. Does anyone remember Jeremy Lane's horrific broken arm in SB49, from trying to break his fall after picking off Brady? Yeah. I suspect something along those lines is what happened to Prosise, but from a different angle. This could even explain the phantom "blocking injury" an earlier poster mentioned.

Meantime, Prosise will continue showing up on the injury report with "Grade 3 hangnail", "Terrell Davis Migraine", "Severe turf toe" and other misleading, made-up injuries.

Would love to hear BigSkyDoc's take on this hypothesis.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Love the pics! Keep em' coming!

Y'all of course know I'm a committed (or should be committed) C. J. Prosise fan, and I am totally betting on the dude, but this is all great fun and healthy venting in the meantime!

Now, the big question: Does Amara Darboh get his own "Weekly unavailabiity thread", or do we just add him to this Prosise thread?

Latest posts