Weekly Prosise unavailability thread

olyfan63

Reaction score
Looks like Prosise is ready to go, and will get a good chunk of time on field vs. the Vikings tonight....

From Seahawks.com:
Another player expected to see more playing time is running back C.J. Prosise, who missed the first preseason game, and as a result was limited last week. “C.J. was very limited in his first game, he’s not so limited this time around,” Carroll said. “He’ll play more. What I’m looking for is him to just play football. I know he’s a good ball player, I don’t have any question—just go out there and battle and club away and hopefully make a couple plays. Really this is just about consistency for him and coming back and coming back, continuing to return to the playing field. We’re just excited to have him working and practicing with us, because it has been so erratic over the time he has been with us. So he’s going to play quite a bit.

Are the bolded parts above how Carroll would describe a "bubble player"? I don't see it, but I swear, every year I need a preseason to get dialed in again for understanding Carroll-speak, and even then, Pete changes from year to year. The Harvin mess changed him, and how he talks, for one.

sutz

Reaction score
olyfan63":p3k3jlwh said:
Looks like Prosise is ready to go, and will get a good chunk of time on field vs. the Vikings tonight....

From Seahawks.com:
Another player expected to see more playing time is running back C.J. Prosise, who missed the first preseason game, and as a result was limited last week. “C.J. was very limited in his first game, he’s not so limited this time around,” Carroll said. “He’ll play more. What I’m looking for is him to just play football. I know he’s a good ball player, I don’t have any question—just go out there and battle and club away and hopefully make a couple plays. Really this is just about consistency for him and coming back and coming back, continuing to return to the playing field. We’re just excited to have him working and practicing with us, because it has been so erratic over the time he has been with us. So he’s going to play quite a bit.

Are the bolded parts above how Carroll would describe a "bubble player"? I don't see it, but I swear, every year I need a preseason to get dialed in again for understanding Carroll-speak, and even then, Pete changes from year to year. The Harvin mess changed him, and how he talks, for one.
I don't think you need a magic decoder ring for this one.

Basically, he's saying what we all (well most of us) are saying. He's a good ball player, but he needs to stay on the field and produce over time. Making a couple of highlight clips is great and all, but you can't base a championship season on a guy who's always in the training room. I hope CJ does well, but mostly I hope he stays healthy.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
olyfan63":30pr43j8 said:

From Seahawks.com:

This is way premature. We like to scratch Prosise from the lineup right before game time, not the morning of the game.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
A lot can happen between now and game time. He might tweak a hammy getting out of the shower or something.

Jville

Reaction score
The pregame ritual of piling on with derogatory comments is now underway in the "THE RADISH MEMORIAL GAME DAY FORUM".

The Ifedi slamming thread in the game day forum has opened with a clear early lead. But, his thread appears to be a hold over from last week. Seems a bit unfair. But, perhaps we will see a similar derogatory thread on Prosise challenge that Ifedi thread. Insult competitions are among the more popular pregame rituals. It remains to be seen which player or coach will come out on top for preseason game #3.

viewforum.php?f=29

Natethegreat

Reaction score
They both have earned it. Some may get unfair criticism but both those guys have earned the criticism.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Natethegreat":7s674st6 said:
They both have earned it. Some may get unfair criticism but both those guys have earned the criticism.

Nobody deserves to be criticized for what they haven't yet done.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":nm2qkpkb said:
This is way premature. We like to scratch Prosise from the lineup right before game time, not the morning of the game.

I know I'm undoubtedly jinxing Prosise, but do y'all realize he has now made it through 2 pregame warmups, injury free, and also through 2 games, of what, 15-20 snaps or so, and STILL is NOT on the Injury Report??!!

OP
OP
bigskydoc

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I’ve noticed. May be time to retire the thread. Naw. Think we should wait until he’s made it two consecutive weeks in the regular season. Pulling for the guy, but not holding my breath.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Sure hasn't looked like that guy from the Patriots game when he suddenly got the Barry Sanders anointment around here. Looks kind of meh imo and Mike Davis looks way better.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Prosise has already proven he's a legit NFL player, and an above average NFL RB when on the field in *regular season games*. That's not what he needs to prove. Being available to be on the field is all he has to prove.

Mike Davis has run well; "Way better" than Prosise? NO. Post their preseason stats if you're going to try to make that argument; what do the stats reveal? In any case, there are too many variables. I'll let the Hawks coaching staff sort out player evals. I expect Prosise to be kept and I hope they keep Davis also.

WOW, REALLY? DEPT: There is a "Sports Injury Predictor" website, and it has an entry for CJ Prosise!!
Check it out here: https://sportsinjurypredictor.com/playe ... osise/7466
Kinda cool, actually. Their bottom line stats: Chance of injury 2018: 64.8%. Projected 6 games missed for Prosise in 2018.

The only thing is, their graphic shows the wrist injury being on the OTHER ARM from the fractured scapula. IF their graphic is correct, that is a data point that doesn't support my "Debilitating arm and shoulder injury" theory. I came up with that based on the scapula and wrist injury being to the same side, and as part of the same actual injury incident.
Hey, it's just a theory, trying to explain a puzzling situation. In any case, the fractured scapula, all by itself, is indicative of a serious shoulder injury with internal tissue (rotator cuff) damage that could take over a year to fully heal.

olyfan63

Reaction score
bigskydoc":ty5zkovk said:
I’ve noticed. May be time to retire the thread. Naw. Think we should wait until he’s made it two consecutive weeks in the regular season. Pulling for the guy, but not holding my breath.

I suggest requiring Prosise to "prove it" for 4, count 'em, FOUR, consecutive regular season games to start the season, before retiring the thread.Or, how about 5 games, like those old, old, Audi 5000 commercials where the German engineer says, with his accent, "Four is too few, and six is too many". (Describing why Audi put 5 cylinders in the Audi 5000 motor)

I also suggest, that, along with "retiring" the Prosise thread, you, BigSkyDoc, being far more medically knowledgeable than the average .NET bear, then choose the new "Mr. Glass" to start a weekly unavailability thread, and it becomes a rotating, traveling trophy kind of thing. So if Darboh is our next Mr Glass, perhaps:
"Mr. Glass 18-02, Amara Darboh, Weekly Unavailability thread".
Just a thought. You have the quals.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Hmmm....

USA Today's Andy Patton considers C.J. Prosise's roster spot "up in the air."

Prosise made waves early in training camp but has been trending down since. He had a rough preseason finale, managing just eight yards on three touches. With Mike Davis playing his way into a roster spot and JD McKissic a possible IR stash, it's hard to see room for Prosise. The Seahawks can save $660,000 from Prosise's release.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I suppose we'll find out how much of an expert Mr. Andy Patton is on the Seahawks roster.

The coaches know so much about players that is not shared with the general public or media. Last year it seemed like Kasen Williams was a lock, and in reality he was one of the easier cuts for Pete & Co. to decide.

Granted, Mike Davis made a great case for himself this preseason, plus was the most reliable back the Hawks had last season.
I still think the Hawks keep Prosise. And Davis.