Weekly Prosise unavailability thread

IndyHawk

Reaction score
IrishNW":m1w20fyv said:
FlyingGreg":m1w20fyv said:
IndyHawk":m1w20fyv said:
He just does not have the body that allows him to play in the NFL and we could say the mind as well.
There is almost no sport that allows you to play pain free,so if you can't tolerate some pain then it's time to
hang em up and stop wasting everyones time!

That's just it. He is 6'1", 225. He is built perfectly.

It is not his body, it is his toughness. He is just soft.

agreed, hes charmin ultra soft.

Just look at his body, you can see the lack of effort in the weight room.
Well I did say (mind) because obviously some of his pain is coming from there.
His body inside may be like an old mans.
He may have too much female hormones :34853_doh:
He just may be a drunk and doesn't care.
I hope Mr Glass proves me wrong.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I think people are being too harsh overall on CJ, but I also love the title BigSkyDoc chose for this thread--an Instant Classic! I'll be looking for it every week, right up there with the "Weekly Fire Bevell Thread"!

With respect to the Paul Richardson analogy, I am thrilled with Richardson this year. For sure I worried Richardson simply had a body that couldn't handle the NFL game.

Personally I'm hoping CJ is just snake-bit and will get on a roll of being able to play, and also learn some veteran tricks on how to protect his body from injury better. I'm working through a rotator cuff injury myself and it was recovering great, then I went and overdid some lifting and was back to square one. Finally figured out that AVOIDING RE-INJURY long enough for full recovery is the key. Maybe it's similar for CJ and he keeps tweaking the same partially healed injuries, just needs to get FULLY HEALED. Hey, I can always hope.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thoughtful post Oly, my thoughts on it are:

Nope, he’s just soft.

He’s become a joke. He’s on the cusp of simply being cut.

OP
OP
bigskydoc

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Guess I'll just leave this here.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/aronyohannes/status/924007253656477696[/tweet]

Giphy

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Thought I'd bump this up,,Any word on Mr.Glass for this weeks game?

kidhawk

Reaction score
IndyHawk":3gbfs5jg said:
Thought I'd bump this up,,Any word on Mr.Glass for this weeks game?

He practiced in a limited capacity yesterday. Haven't heard about today yet.

Seymour

Reaction score
Limited is what the back of his jersey should say.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm to the point where I expect him to not play again this year. If he does, it's a bonus.
Too bad, because he can clearly play. But your best ability is your availability

Seafan

Reaction score
He'll play again but they don't need to use him as an every down, slam into the line RB. When he's to full speed he can be an asset as a receiver out of the back field. Russ trusts him.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
He'll be similar to Percy...week to week, we might see him or not, and then he'll show up for some plays in the playoffs.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I know he'll play again, but I don't EXPECT him to. No reason to think he will. And even if he does, he's a hang nail away from coming out. Really sucks, he's a good guy, and hell of a player.

DynoHawk

Reaction score
Seymour":15ch3wp3 said:
Limited is what the back of his jersey should say.

"No, Seriously...I'm on the team" probably won't fit.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Feel bad for the dude. Okung, Tubbs and "Porkchop" come to mind where you think after they comeback after their 3rd straight injury or so, one has to think it is just a fluke. Percentages have to go down that the player is going to keep getting injured, right, especially if they are different injuries.

If a player is "injury prone", how did they make it to the NFL to begin with? Wouldn't this most certainly show up in college if this was the case? Sadly, "injury prone" sometimes isn't just a lazy pejorative that fans and media pass on as a fact and might not even happen till a player gets to the NFL.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":2zvtgwb0 said:
Feel bad for the dude. Okung, Tubbs and "Porkchop" come to mind where you think after they comeback after their 3rd straight injury or so, one has to think it is just a fluke. Percentages have to go down that the player is going to keep getting injured, right, especially if they are different injuries.

If a player is "injury prone", how did they make it to the NFL to begin with? Wouldn't this most certainly show up in college if this was the case? Sadly, "injury prone" sometimes isn't just a lazy pejorative that fans and media pass on as a fact and might not even happen till a player gets to the NFL.
He was hurt in college as well..Go on a ND board -That is probaly the first thing they will remember him by.
I'm not kidding..

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2ze7lgv8 said:
seahawkfreak":2ze7lgv8 said:

He was hurt in college as well..Go on a ND board -That is probaly the first thing they will remember him by.
I'm not kidding..

I do remember hearing something about him being hurt at Notre Dame. Did some digging, this seems to compile his injury history PRE 2017 SEASON

Aug 19, 2017 NFL Inguinal Groin Pull Grade 1 Strained groin in pre-game warmups. Missed practice to start following week.

Nov 20, 2016 NFL Shoulder Scapula Fracture Prosise has been hobbled his rookie year, this time he strained his shoulder and he missed 8 games.

Sep 11, 2016 NFL Hand Wrist Sprain/Pull Unspecified Prosise left the Week 1 matchup with a sprained wrist and missed the following 4 weeks as well.

Sep 11, 2016 NFL Hand Metacarpal Fracture Prosise left the Week 1 matchup with a sprained wrist and missed the following 4 weeks as well.

Aug 1, 2016 NFL Thigh Hamstring Sprain/Pull Unspecified Grade 1 Prosise missed about a week during training camp with a tight hammy.

Aug 1, 2016 NFL Thigh Hamstring Strain Grade 2 Prosise missed about a week during training camp with a tight hammy.

Nov 21, 2015 Non-NFL Pedal Ankle Sprain Grade 2 C.J. Prosise suffered a high ankle sprain against Pittsburgh. He missed two games.

Nov 7, 2015 Non-NFL Head Cranial Concussion Grade 1 C.J. Prosise suffered a concussion against Wake Forest. He missed one game