We Need To Sign a Veteran LT This Week

uncle fester

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":2x4iol9h said:
A lot of things to consider, with cap space, roll overs that may affect next year, getting them acclimated to the offense, conditioning, a whole bunch of stuff.

This.

By the time Mr New Left/Right Tackle figures out what the hell he's supposed to be doing, you're somewhere around the Vikings game - the following week would be a bye, and after that Okung (and possibly Breno) are back on the field. So you've jettisoned another player from the 53, eaten further into whatever cap room is left and plugged a gap that's just about to close anyway. And you've the added bonus of having an extra lineman on board, twiddling his thumbs and earning more than League minimum in the process.

Yes, OP, your idea is sound, but the main issue is it should've happened after Okung went out in Week 2. Instead, the team chose to develop Bowie and trust in their depth. Like it or not, we're saddled with that now.

djb28

Reaction score
Yeah, Just bring in Pat let him wear his brothers Jersey and send the other one home. No one will know then we can sign another for back up ins.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
How about Bailey who is already on the team?

To me all the o-line positions need to be up for competition this week.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":290fj7ln said:

This. McQuistan isn't even athletic enough to so much as hold a guy. Get Bailey in, as has been said, in the unlikely scenario he's worse than McQuistan, at least he's got room to improve.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3oc94yld said:

At this point, I wouldn't even mind having Bailey in. At least if he gets destroyed I won't question having McQ playing.