The need to address qb3

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
We didn’t draft one, but thus remains a need in 1) training camp and preseason and 2) week by week.

Last year, the majority of nfl starters Missed at least a game, including all three of our divisional rivals. We would be ignoring a huge liability by not being proactive on this.

Addressing 1, we didn’t see Drew play but a handful of snaps in one preseason game a year ago. At this point, I would side with getting an experienced vet To compete and contrast with him. Men like Bridgewater, Rypien , Ryan are The top of what’s left on sportrac, and I bet all wouldnt sign here. My choice would be AJ McCArron over Sean Mannion based on Aj’s recent success in the xfl. He would at least be a realistic baseline On which to compare Drew to, just as the 9ers are utilizing Darnold to compete with Lance.

For 2, unlike Darnold, we don’t have to worry about having guaranteed any money to McCArron or Mannion. Jarrett G from Wa state is another option. We can release them Or whomever and choose among a Bunch of others who got released and are hoping to sign to practice squad with Little financial consequence. Rinse and repeat down the road as necessary.

Thoughts on the Guys we bring in?

SNDavidson

Reaction score
They're trying to win the next three super bowls who cares about a developmental right now lol

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Because odds are that Geno gets hurt and thus the qb2 needs a qb3 to start?
in which case run the football and play defense, or have a crap ton of 1st rounders on defense like the 49ers and line up any one of our five qbs

Ruminator

Reaction score
I would like to see them sign that Sea Dragons QB if that's a possibility. He seems entertaining
I'd like to see Cowboys or Steelers or Rams or 49ers sign the guy, course he'll never get signed by any NFL team, the way he often confuses opposing cornerbacks for his own receivers.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
PC/JS's day-3 press conference was enlightening to me regarding the QB-3. They knew they might have the option to draft one high, since holding the 5th pick. They communicated this clearly to Drew and Geno before the QBs re-signed for this year, and they still joined the team. Some takeaways, for me anyway:

1. The team communicates well with its players and does not mask its approach
2. They could have taken one of the top couple QBs as a new franchise guy
3. That they didn't take one lower also says how they view drafting one lower.

Does this sound accurate?

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
in which case run the football and play defense, or have a crap ton of 1st rounders on defense like the 49ers and line up any one of our five qbs

The Niners tried That. They were right and Should have stayed the course.

They had Lance and Purdy At the end of camp. They Added another roster spot for Jimmy G, who Carried them into week 10 until injury. At that point Brock comes in and saves the game. They sign career journeyman Josh Johnson off the Broncs practice squad to play qb2 for the rest of the season.

Johnson was, technically, qb4. They then release their qb5, who was Eason, and fail to pick up any other option. Given the injury streak that resulted tn their qb3 being the starter, that was reckless.

Last edited:

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score