We have too much talent to be playing like this.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I stole the quote from another game day post. I couldn't re-find the post - I'll be happy to attribute this to you if it's you. ;)

With the horsepower that we have on this team - it borders on criminal a few of the showings that we've had. Today included/especially.

Just on defense - we have a crazy amount of talent. Crazy. And we got manhandled today.

Offense - the whole is LESS than the sum of it's parts. It just doesn't even add up.

So frustrating that this should have been, and could have been a very important statement game for us this season, and we didn't even look like we were in the same league.

What a waste.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Our talent is in all the wrong places. We're spending too much capital on wide receivers, running backs, and safeties. We're not strong along the LOS, which is why we're having to play a 20 year veteran offensive lineman.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I stole the quote from another game day post. I couldn't re-find the post - I'll be happy to attribute this to you if it's you. ;)

With the horsepower that we have on this team - it borders on criminal a few of the showings that we've had. Today included/especially.

Just on defense - we have a crazy amount of talent. Crazy. And we got manhandled today.

Offense - the whole is LESS than the sum of it's parts. It just doesn't even add up.

So frustrating that this should have been, and could have been a very important statement game for us this season, and we didn't even look like we were in the same league.

What a waste.
When you have good players and it’s not showing on the field, that’s a red flag coaching issue…

I’m not sure how “good” our players really are, especially, offense.

The entire offensive line under Carroll has been consistently bad except the Super Bowl years.

There’s a disconnect somewhere between the head coach and the offensive coordinator right now. Seattle has no identity whatsoever.

Is Seattle a run first team? Or are they a pass first team? They seem to not know week to week. And that’s a big issue cause you can at least lean on what you are good at and at the moment, it’s neither for Seattle.

Seattle needs to get their shit together cause the season is not lost but it could be if Seattle doesn’t find its identity and stick with it.

calinator

Reaction score
Our talent is in all the wrong places. We're spending too much capital on wide receivers, running backs, and safeties. We're not strong along the LOS, which is why we're having to play a 20 year veteran offensive lineman.
Good post. It all starts up front. They spend a lot on skill players WR's and DB's but none of those matter unless you are great on OL and DL. San Fran, Dallas, Philly, etc have that blueprint.

Wheetie

Reaction score

What a waste.
Totally agree. I could handle a 10 point loss in a well fought game, but this was a complete garbage showing. It's like they thought adding Williams would just automatically make them Super Bowl contenders but they forgot they would still have to fight tooth and nail to get there, just assuming it would just come to them easily since "all the pieces are now in place". What a joke.

Wheetie

Reaction score
When you have good players and it’s not showing on the field, that’s a red flag coaching issue…

I’m not sure how “good” our players really are, especially, offense.

The entire offensive line under Carroll has been consistently bad except the Super Bowl years.

There’s a disconnect somewhere between the head coach and the offensive coordinator right now. Seattle has no identity whatsoever.

Is Seattle a run first team? Or are they a pass first team? They seem to not know week to week. And that’s a big issue cause you can at least lean on what you are good at and at the moment, it’s neither for Seattle.

Seattle needs to get their shit together cause the season is not lost but it could be if Seattle doesn’t find its identity and stick with it.
I don't think there's a disconnect, I suspect Pete has hand in the offense way too much neutering Waldrons creativity. There's no way Waldron could be this inept, and totally Jekyll and Hyde from one game to another. This pound the rock right into the line ad nauseum just reeks of Petes inability to allow for adaptation and getting creative in any way. Just my opinion

AubHawk71

Reaction score
I have to agree that this is definitely a red flag game. The NFL is so even, that a college-like lopsided game like this isn't on any or all of the players "having a bad day". Geno this, Geno that, whatever. He had no chance. And the defense - which is truly excellent - couldn't carry the game when the offense had, literally, 3 points. 3 points. In the NFL. And lost by...ugh. So now we know the flaws. Will anything change?

calinator

Reaction score
I have to agree that this is definitely a red flag game. The NFL is so even, that a college-like lopsided game like this isn't on any or all of the players "having a bad day". Geno this, Geno that, whatever. He had no chance. And the defense - which is truly excellent - couldn't carry the game when the offense had, literally, 3 points. 3 points. In the NFL. And lost by...ugh. So now we know the flaws. Will anything change?
Things CAN change quickly in the NFL. Get a franchise QB and stack talent at DL and OL. They'd be set.

Xxx

Reaction score
20 friggin years. He was almost playing last century…. Pretty impressive if you’re not the seahawks

xray

Reaction score
The Hawks have Washington next...a more even matchup . The Ravens were out of the Hawks class . Maybe next week .

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Super Bowl years the O-Line sucked too.

A beast at RB, and a QB from the future had to overcome it week after week.

They built their team around a backup QB. These are the results.
I would say Seattle’s offensive line was decent/good the Super Bowl years but they weren’t as bad as the current offensive line…

hedgehawk

Reaction score
This isn’t an Owl team, never was. We’re building. Find our next QB.

Fade

Reaction score
I would say Seattle’s offensive line was decent/good the Super Bowl years but they weren’t as bad as the current offensive line…
Wrong.

They ranked 32nd in pass pro the year they won the Super Bowl.

Tom Cable O-Lines were literally the worst.

AubHawk71

Reaction score
Wrong.

The NFL is built as such that you can't dominate on all facets of the game. QB, rushers, WR, O line, Dilne, whatever. So what are the Seahawks strengths and how can they utilize them to cover the deficiencies? And this is on a week by week basis, depending on opponent, and injuries, etc. Trying to find a positive solution beyond "Well, this is what Pete wants".

AubHawk71

Reaction score
OMG The Seahawks had a bad game. They aren't suddenly a team that needs to make wholesale changes,

You guys need to breathe and chill. Go get laid. Seattle will be fine.

This was a team loss. It happens.
Good enough! C+

BASF

Reaction score
Football is won at the line of scrimmage. They controlled both lines. We lost. That is football. Despite what the NFL PR machine has been spoon feeding fans this century.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Wrong.

Well, then, it’s a good thing Seattle was a run first team.

Fade, why don’t give the rankings of run blocking during those same years.

I’m sure it wasn’t the worst.

And I’m sure you would need to combine the pass and run rankings to get a good depiction of Seattle‘s offensive line overall grade.

Xxx

Reaction score
Super Bowl years the O-Line sucked too.

A beast at RB, and a QB from the future had to overcome it week after week.

They built their team around a backup QB. These are the results.
Unfun to watch and depressing cause you know it will never be fun, we’ve seen the ceiling already now we’re trying to stay off the floor