we better win.

Mindsink

Reaction score
Krodwhodat":3gwfbagm said:
How many top 10 offenses you play this year? How many top 20 is a better question? We had the second hardest schedule this year. And we went from the worst to top 5 D....leaps and bounds. Top 5 O and top 5 D. That matches with anybody my friend....

This is the same talk I've heard out of Saints fans' mouths prior to week 13. Then 34-7 happened.

See, the difference is, we KNOW we can blow you out. Week 13 is evidence of that. Where's the evidence that you can even compete??? You are 4-5 on the road this year (including last week). Five road losses, and two of them were blowouts (vs NFC West teams, I might add).

How many decisive road wins have you had? You beat Chicago by a TD, and squeaked by the Bucs, Falcons, and the Eagles in the Wildcard. You really think you're going to pull off a ROAD win vs the best team in the NFC, who happens to also have the best home field advantage in the league?

D E L U S I O N A L

Krodwhodat

Reaction score
Mindsink":30vgib7m said:
Krodwhodat":30vgib7m said:
How many top 10 offenses you play this year? How many top 20 is a better question? We had the second hardest schedule this year. And we went from the worst to top 5 D....leaps and bounds. Top 5 O and top 5 D. That matches with anybody my friend....

This is the same talk I've heard out of Saints fans' mouths prior to week 13. Then 34-7 happened.

See, the difference is, we KNOW we can blow you out. Week 13 is evidence of that. Where's the evidence that you can even compete??? You are 4-5 on the road this year (including last week). Five road losses, and two of them were blowouts (vs NFC West teams, I might add).

How many decisive road wins have you had? You beat Chicago by a TD, and squeaked by the Bucs, Falcons, and the Eagles in the Wildcard. You really think you're going to pull off a ROAD win vs the best team in the NFC, who happens to also have the best home field advantage in the league?

D E L U S I O N A L

Not sure you have the best home field in league. What was your record this year? We were 8-0... And as for going by past games, we blew out the cardinals, that amounts to nothing like all past games.....they play the game for a reason.....

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
I'll take Seattle's DBs over the Saints Receivers.

Outside of Graham they don't have shit.

-The No.1 WR on the depth chart is Colston...who has been irrelevant since NOLA went to the Super Bowl, in 2009. Yeah, a 30 year wideout is not going to do jack against this defense.

-Kenny Stills is a nice player, but he won't be able to take the punishment the LOB dishes at the LOS.

-No one else is even worth a mention.

If anyone can explain how this WR corp is going to best Seattle's defensive backs, I would love to know. Sometimes a team just doesn't match-up well, and this is exactly why NOLA goes home empty handed.

Krodwhodat

Reaction score
SouthSoundHawk":15jy66te said:

-The No.1 WR on the depth chart is Colston...who has been irrelevant since NOLA went to the Super Bowl, in 2009. Yeah, a 30 year wideout is not going to do jack against this defense.

-Kenny Stills is a nice player, but he won't be able to take the punishment the LOB dishes at the LOS.

If anyone can explain how this WR corp is going to best Seattle's defensive backs, I would love to know. Sometimes a team just doesn't match-up well, and this is exactly why NOLA goes home empty handed.

Pretty sure you should check Colston stats since 2009. We had 4 players over 70 catches this year. NFL record. We spread the ball so to have 1000 receiving on our team is huge.....

Spiderdan

Reaction score
Krodwhodat":qhvg28ul said:
Like I said. Home field gives you the edge. And yes in the eyes of the world outside of Nola it would be an upset. The 49ers and the panthers are nowhere near on par with us as far as offense goes and on defense all 4 are top 5 I think....

The Seahawks scoring defense is much stronger. We give up 14.4 points per game. The Saints give up 19.3. That's a difference of 4.9 points per game. That's the same as the difference between the Saints an the 19th best scoring defense the Jets and Bills. So unless you're saying the Jets defense is in the same realm as the Saints...

45Hawker

Reaction score
seanoob":yywvwij0 said:
Saints and Seahawks are definitely not 'equally matched.' The Seahawks are superior talent wise, stat wise <snip>
In my opinion, the Saints have a few players that would be upgrades if they were playing for the Seahawks:

Sproles - backup RB
Graham - TE
Brees - QB (yeah, I said it - let the gnashing of teeth begin!)
Evans - OL (probowl guard)
Grubbs - OL (probowl guard)

Saints offense appears to be statistically better.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Krodwhodat":2l2ppcmw said:
SouthSoundHawk":2l2ppcmw said:

Pretty sure you should check Colston stats since 2009. We had 4 players over 70 catches this year. NFL record. We spread the ball so to have 1000 receiving on our team is huge.....

1K receiving on that team isn't huge, haha. Drew Brees is good for 4k-5k yards of passing, guys are going to rack up yards through the air, because the team can't run the ball.

I may not have given Colston his due credit, but that doesn't change the fact he's 30 going up against DBs that are faster and stronger than he is. He had less than 30 yards the last time these teams met, he's the NUMBER 1 receiver. If they have to rely on him to win this game, all I have to say is...good frickin' luck. He's still irrelevant.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
The Saints are the odd man out in a field of teams that just play an entirely different brand of football. The Panthers, Niners and Hawks are all really nasty good teams in ways that NOLA can't handle outside of their dome.

I just don't see them winning, I just can't logically find a valid reason they should. Sure, the game has to be played, but these Hawks, especially at home tend to take their game to another level in pivotal games. They welcome the attention and pressure. It only makes them better.

summersknight

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":3oce2ltu said:
The biggest thing is, the Saints will come out playing lights out due to desperation. They KNOW they have to play lights out. But deep down inside, the Saints don't really believe they're a better team than Seattle.

And that, as Yoda would say, is why they'll fail.

Eat the cheese. Keep going. You only know what we want you want you to know

hawk45

Reaction score
Krodwhodat":vjvcmra1 said:
Treefiddy":vjvcmra1 said:
Saint's D might be ranked top 5 but the drop off from the top 3 - Seattle, SF and Carolina is meteoric. In no way shape or form are you close to an even match up. The only huge advantage you have is at TE and maybe a little one at QB.
Seattle DLine>Saints Oline
Seattle Secondary>Saints Pass game
Seattle Run game>Saints rush D

All in all you guys could win if you play perfect and we go flat but I just don't see it happening.

Seattle 36-17

Yeah, maybe the best offense at home, nothing more than mediocre on the road. Averages out to top 5. Brees struggled against a mediocre at best Philly D in a house with nothing resembling HFA.

We didn't have many top offenses on our schedule this year, the one we did have (Saints) we destroyed. We negated the Pats and Packers last year, HOF QBs all. Think this defense is worse than that D? The only difference this year is the ton of pressure generated by Bennett, Avril, et al.

But go ahead, believe that the AZ game is is a representative sample. Believe that the Philly game for the Saints represents...anything more than a squeaker against a bad defense with a questionable Eagle HFA.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Am I reading this garbage right? A Saints fan here trying to explain how they have some advantage in this game. Comparing games against AZ? Really?

How can anyone refer to that game with any confidence, then look at what happened to the Rams in the last week of the season? This all overlooks the head to head matchup of course. There isn't a single item that a Saints fan can argue, that can't be retorted with an equally unfavorable one.

Look here Saints fans, you all talked the same garbage last time. We get it, there is a chance that the Saints can win on Saturday, but don't try to argue it with stats, rankings or wins in Philly. In the Clink, those don't matter, but you already know that don't you?