Good Solid Win

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Outside the unfortunate sniping at one another, I'll just add that a win is a win.

I was most frustrated with the officiating, as I felt they were holding the Hawks back from really running away with this one.

Mafe is beginning to really blossom as an elite pass rusher, adding another sack. That's four straight games with a sack for Mafe.

Witherspoon...what more can I say. The kid is a stud. That hit in the 2nd half was so sexy. Mm man I could watch that on repeat

Underrated good target is Noah Fant. What a ridiculous catch in the 2nd half. I want everyone to get more targets, especially this guy. More Fant!

And yes I love Bobo. Crazy sideline catch. I'm still shocked the refs didn't find a way to keep the call on the field as incomplete.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Overall I enjoyed the game. I do feel like Geno is fine.. except he's FORCING throws.. that he could throw away and not take a sack.. or run. Neither he's really doing as much as we saw at the start. Since the Giants game, his legs getting rolled up, it seems mental. He's either got a case of the "yips" or he's being force to force the throws. IDK but hopefully he figures it out.

BChawkfan

Reaction score
That Bobo touchdown was filthy.

He’s becoming my new favorite Seahawk. Yeah I wish we would have smothered them to the tune of 45-3 or something but that’s how the ball bounces sometimes. Offense showed spurts of how good they can be but still sputtered at times. Thought the refs helped the Cards out here and there too.

Really excited for our defense. Man, if they stay healthy they are gonna be a wrecking ball by December.

No such thing as an ugly win. Only a win. 4-2 baby and the Rams lost!!!

Go Vikings!!!!
That filthy Bobo was Touchdown

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Oh, he understood the Theme alright, he's just un-Willing or un-ABLE to admit that Geno & the Rooks ARE STILL LEARNING EACH OTHER!
Ya can't fix stubbornness & shortsightedness.
THIS WAS A G-O-O-D TWO SCORE WIN....Geno haters who're sucking wind can 'Pound Sand'.
What on Earth are you talking about? I support Geno. Some of you crazy people around here love making your own stuff up.

My distaste with the red zone offense is a Shane Waldron issue.

WarHawks

Reaction score
It was a decent win against a bad 1-5 team. Bobo was amazing, the D was great, but Geno was not. Two td's and two (should have been three) turnovers isn't going to get it done against good teams. Happy for the win, but our dogshit red zone play with Geno is painfully hard to watch. Not trying to be negative, but it is what it is. No sense in trying to sugarcoat it and pretend otherwise.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
If I had a dollar for every time I yell WHY, GENO, WHY? Holy hell he is driving me crazy watching him make bad decision after bad decision.
He was extremely lucky, YET AGAIN, that he didn't have a pick 6. And that forced throw to the end zone when they needed those points, unacceptable. Period.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Would having a healthier o-line help the red-zone O, since the running game is getting stuffed seems to be a big part of it?
My question:

Why the F does K9 switch from patient running and bouncing outside to find lanes to - running straight up the gut for 3 failed attempts as soon as we smell the Goal line?

Happened on at least 4 or 5 series now, hasn't it? Not sure if it's K9 or the playcall.

Awesome win though - even with the roller coaster effect.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No blocking up the gut, over and over again when they get to the Red Zone. Defenses know it's coming, and Waldron doesn't adjust. And decision making by #7 doesn't help.

Last edited:

xray

Reaction score
No blocking up the gut, over and over again when they get to the Red Zone. Defenses know it's coming, and Waldron doesn't adjust. And decision making by #7 doesn't help.
You still miss Russ dontcha ? Bet you still have his ripe used jock collection too .

12th Dimension

Reaction score
Good solid win. I’ll take it. The one thing I won’t take is Waldron’s situational play calling. Too many, why did we do that.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
It's rare that a team loses the turnover battle 3-0 like we did today and wins the game... let alone by two scores! It wasn't pretty but a win is a win.

Love what our D is becoming but still a bit concerned with Geno's occasional brainfarts.

acctingman

Reaction score
Good win and inner division games are always tough, but the product we saw on the field will not beat really good teams.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Overall I enjoyed the game. I do feel like Geno is fine.. except he's FORCING throws.. that he could throw away and not take a sack.. or run. Neither he's really doing as much as we saw at the start. Since the Giants game, his legs getting rolled up, it seems mental. He's either got a case of the "yips" or he's being force to force the throws. IDK but hopefully he figures it out.
There's absolutely no doubt that some of the plays by Geno are head scratchers, but when looking at the big picture, it encompasses a lot more than just Geno being at fault; He has a patchwork O-Line of banged up players that are missing assignments on Run Blocking so the RB's aren't as effective as they should be, and the Pass Blocking isn't any better, it's the little inconsistencies, that very likely puts a damper on how Shane Waldron can call the plays, and then throw in a frustrated Geno who is trying too hard to make up for the deficiencies and making wtf plays...Just my 2-cent observation.
Still happy with the win though.

LTH

Reaction score
Good teams had bad games, that's just how it works. Really good teams can have bad games and still somehow win, we are nudging into that territory.
Yeah, that kind of how it's working right now. It just feels like they are just sputtering along.

The thing is, in the next 4 or 5 games the Hawks offense is going to have a break out game where it all comes together, and then they won't look back. That's coming soon i can feel it in my bones...I'm 100 percent sure that is going to happen... it's just about when not if.

LTH

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
There's absolutely no doubt that some of the plays by Geno are head scratchers, but when looking at the big picture, it encompasses a lot more than just Geno being at fault; He has a patchwork O-Line of banged up players that are missing assignments on Run Blocking so the RB's aren't as effective as they should be, and the Pass Blocking isn't any better, it's the little inconsistencies, that very likely puts a damper on how Shane Waldron can call the plays, and then throw in a frustrated Geno who is trying too hard to make up for the deficiencies and making wtf plays...Just my 2-cent observation.
Still happy with the win though.
Solid observations. It's cool to feel so frustrated........when it's about a Win :)
And yes, I do preach the "winning doesn't have to look a certain way" a lot. So, I'm looking directly in the mirror.
I'm just nervous about how he is playing overall. There is a VERY tough stretch coming up and we need his best.