We AREN'T what our record says we are...

JGreen79

Reaction score
Seanhawk":2anou9br said:
JGreen79":2anou9br said:
Subzero717":2anou9br said:
You are what your record is BUT we are also an easy FG miss and a Rothlesberger injury away from being a half game behind the Cards.

Sure, but we were also a fumble(Panthers), pick six(Texans), sherman pick(Titans), and a 71yrd punt return from Tate(Buds) away from not even making the playoffs in 2013.

Crap. Does this mean we didn't win the Superb Owl that year?

Well we obviously only won some of those early games with some lucky breaks so we had to be terrible then too.

The only thing that matters after week 17 is that the team has a better record than ten other conference members. After that everyone is starting over.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I've never understood the "we are or aren't what our record says" opinion.

That's why we keep score, to tell you what your record is.

getnasty

Reaction score
By this logic the Chiefs and Saints should have played in the Superbowl because the Rams and Pats got lucky in the Championship games. Guess what they didn't, you literally are what your record says you are. The Seahawks could lose there next 9 games and guess what, they'd be a 5-11 team.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
So, if another team is 5-2 it's because they played good ball and/or are a good team.
Hawks are 5-2 and they actually suck. Got it.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I think the Hawks record is more of a product of a weak schedule, as a homer I hope they prove me wrong.
When we start playing the tougher end of the schedule we will find out for sure.

I have little faith in this coaching staff, and defense right now.

chris98251

Reaction score
We start getting our reality check next week, Tampa isn't a great team but from there it ramps up steadily and Arians knows us well.

Hawker8989

Reaction score
The record says 6-2. But the eye test sees a team that has barely beaten the dregs of the league. The two best teams we've faced have resulted in losses.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I think the Hawks record is more of a product of a weak schedule, as a homer I hope they prove me wrong.
When we start playing the tougher end of the schedule we will find out for sure.

I have little faith in this coaching staff, and defense right now.

NJlargent

Reaction score
It is a product of a soft schedule but I hope I am wrong. Sadly, our terrible drafts over these past few years are slowly starting to be exposed. Thank God we have Russell.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
Our record just says we're a good team. Our record + knowledge of the games (namely how many close wins we've gotten) says we're a good team that's very beatable. Our record + knowledge of the games + knowledge of our DVOA says we're a good team that's very beatable because our defense has been below average and our special teams has been atrocious. The further away we get from just talking about wins and losses, the more informed we can get.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
BirdsCommaAngry":37nnqma0 said:
Our record just says we're a good team. Our record + knowledge of the games (namely how many close wins we've gotten) says we're a good team that's very beatable. Our record + knowledge of the games + knowledge of our DVOA says we're a good team that's very beatable because our defense has been below average and our special teams has been atrocious. The further away we get from just talking about wins and losses, the more informed we can get.

In the end win/lose is the only stat that matters. Go as far down the rabbit hole you like it does not change our record. Every team is beatable. Every team has issue that need to be fixed. We have those problems with a 6-2 record. It seems like many people on this board WISH the Hawks had a worse record. Then they could say..."see I told you they sucked". Well guess what folks. The Seahawks DO NOT SUCK. Get over it.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":5ppoou73 said:
Seanhawk":5ppoou73 said:
This isn't college football. In the NFL, you are always what your record says you are. A 10-6 team isn't getting into the playoffs over an 11-5 team because they've had a tougher schedule or won with more style.

Great point. :2thumbs: This "we really are not as good as our record" garbage needs to be put where it belongs.

I completely agree and it is negative spin to say that the 6 Ws are somehow not worth 6 Ws. Come on, the negative trash expanded here fails to take into consideration the team is 4-0 on the road, and have only lost one conference game.

The next 6 games will tell the story for the season, each of them is a conference game Buccs @ home , @ 49ers, @ Eagles, Vikings @ home, @ LA Rams, @ Panthers. If they can win these conference games there will be no question they are going to be a tough team in the playoffs. In fact all the remaining games are conference games with 4 being divisional games. The team has a tough schedule coming up.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
We wont win anything playing this soft zone bs. Schaub had 450+ passing yards.

Think the game passed Pete by years ago, its very evident.

rcaido

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":1v7kik4i said:

We did win...

jammerhawk

Reaction score
With every W and the 2 L's this season there have been significant concerns raised by one phase of the team's play or another. Today the pass D was exposed, but was it something that was intentional? I doubt the play of King against Jones was intentional, King was beaten like a drum by Jones; but the soft zone was, and that allowed a lot of bend but don't break yardage. I was annoyed watching it, but don't know if that was coming from Pete or from Norton. Easy to blame Pete when he's in charge but the DC has some responsibility. to me he's certainly responsible for not correction the flawed tackling and he isn't helping the DBs much by being creative to pressure the passer.

Record says 6-2 after 8 games, that's good by almost every metric. Of course I'd like the team to be 8-0 and really thought the team gave away the game against NO but 6-2 with only 1 conference loss after 8 games is something to be happy about.

sutz

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":mcp1ia8e said:

Well, if we played that "soft zone bs" with a 2 pt lead, I might agree with you. In a 4 score game, I don't mind so much.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Scorpion05":1frafbn5 said:
For this argument to be valid, you have to apply the EXACT same logic to other teams around the league
That is way to logical Scorpion. Other teams never play poorly or win close games. Other QBs never make mistakes. It is funny how often fans even ignore those things when other teams do them against our team! Combine that with the average fan's pathetic knowledge of how football at the NFL level works and you get..........a fan forum :irishdrinkers:

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":1vgndu12 said:
Great point. :2thumbs: This "we really are not as good as our record" garbage needs to be put where it belongs.
Actually, just apply a little logic and you'll see that it's randomly true, and randomly not true. For example, the Saints record in 2010 was 11-5. Ours was 7-9. They had a DRASTICALLY better record and should have roflstomped us in the wild card round...but they didn't.

Not to say that the NFL is like college...but just sticking with "you are who your record says you are" no matter what is just naive and wrong.