We are in need of a defrense maker!

12forlife

Reaction score
Ok I know we are only 2 games into the season, sitting 1-1. I belive our Offense is gonna end up top 5, if we can stay healthy? But our Defense is missing that guy! Yes nice to have Bobby, and his leadership back, and I think Riq & Spoon have the skills to lock up the outside. But this team is in dire straits of needing that Bosa, Watt, Paresens, Donald or Chris Smith type that can cause pressure where ever he lines up. Ok maybe we should have takin the risk on Jalen Carter, but we didn't. So my question is now....... What about Maxx Crosby???? Dude is a freak, and Las Vegas is Dog Water!! What do you think it takes to land him at the trade deadline? He could be the dude if we're trying to make a push this year? Thoughts?

Hawkspeed

Reaction score
Well, we could have drafted Jalen Carter and I wish we would have despite character concerns.
But, I would rather go along with the Seahawks management ideas about the "identity of the team" and the "mentality" of the Seattle area.
I think we already have some possible "game wrecking" talent on the defense...Let's see what happens.

toffee

Reaction score
Well, we could have drafted Jalen Carter and I wish we would have despite character concerns.
But, I would rather go along with the Seahawks management ideas about the "identity of the team" and the "mentality" of the Seattle area.
I think we already have some possible "game wrecking" talent on the defense...Let's see what happens.
and we could have Keeanu Benton instead of Derick Hall.

Last edited:

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Ok I know we are only 2 games into the season, sitting 1-1. I belive our Offense is gonna end up top 5, if we can stay healthy? But our Defense is missing that guy! Yes nice to have Bobby, and his leadership back, and I think Riq & Spoon have the skills to lock up the outside. But this team is in dire straits of needing that Bosa, Watt, Paresens, Donald or Chris Smith type that can cause pressure where ever he lines up. Ok maybe we should have takin the risk on Jalen Carter, but we didn't. So my question is now....... What about Maxx Crosby???? Dude is a freak, and Las Vegas is Dog Water!! What do you think it takes to land him at the trade deadline? He could be the dude if we're trying to make a push this year? Thoughts?
I couldn’t help but notice you list 6 really good players. The problem with this there are 32 teams in the NFL and not all teams are lucky to have elite players. Seattle has talent and while it may not be considered NFL elite, it’s still better than nothing. I’m sure teams would also like a Tariq Woolen but guess what, it’s not easy to find elite players. Instead of having just one single NFL elite player, having a team of “good” players that can play together as a cohesive unit just may be better for Seattle than having one more “elite” player. It’s really hard to get a lot of elite players, you gotta focus on team chemistry with good players and that will have a greater impact in the long run. Just my two cents though.

Last edited:

seabowl

Reaction score
Jamal Adams is back.
Adams is the difference maker that they have been missing all along. His injury was the key reason for the D’s poor play the last few years. What if each of the players that were listed earlier in the thread would have been out like Adams?

Scout

Reaction score
Nwosu, Jones, Adams and Woolen are difference makers. The defense is still trying to find its footing but keep in mind of the four players I just listed only two were playing last year on defense. This year the Hawks added Jones and Adams returns so when they are on the field together I expect good things to come defensively.

Now for Witherspoon I think he has the potential to be the fifth difference maker on defense but he is a rookie so lets pump the breaks a bit.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Whether we add anyone or not, I expect that the D will continue to come together nicely to be at least respectable by mid-season. Already a good start vs Lions where they did well enough to keep the game winnable throughout.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Adams is the difference maker that they have been missing all along. His injury was the key reason for the D’s poor play the last few years. What if each of the players that were listed earlier in the thread would have been out like Adams?
Just look at the Steelers’ record with and without Watt.

“Since Watt entered the league in 2017, the Steelers are 53-24-2 when he plays; however, they are just 1-10 when he hasn’t been on the field. This is insane, but we aren’t close to finished yet. With Watt, Pittsburgh surrenders just over 20 points per game; without him, the Steelers allow 26 points per contest, according to ESPN stats.”.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score

Yes we could really use a backup coming off the bench for three solo tackles and one sack.

Carter had ONE splash play Sunday night, then disappeared for the rest of the game, you guys need to get a grip on this nonsense.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Yes we could really use a backup coming off the bench for three solo tackles and one sack.

Carter had ONE splash play Sunday night, then disappeared for the rest of the game, you guys need to get a grip on this nonsense.
Carter gets dominated at times by good lineman. He isn't what the .net crowd thinks he is. IMHO

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Carter gets dominated at times by good lineman. He isn't what the .net crowd thinks he is. IMHO

I'm pretty sure Hawk fans just watch highlights on ESPN or Twitter and think Carter's the next Aaron Donald.

He's not even starting in Philly, he's only playing in 40-50% of the snaps. Which is probably more to do with playing on the best D-line in the league full of All Pro's.

But this fallacy that he's some insane stud that we shouldn't have passed on and drafted what looks to be a REALLY good corner? Just dumb man.

OP
OP

12forlife

Reaction score
Mafe will be back , Derrick Hall will get better. Young looked decent at times Sunday. I'd rather have Nwousu over Crosby. We have some guys and almost a full season left

Patience grasshopper.
Your crazy if you think Nwosu is half the disrupter that Crosby is.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Your crazy if you think Nwosu is half the disrupter that Crosby is.

The Raiders just locked up Crosby on a four year deal last year, why on earth would they trade a cornerstone defensive player and one of their team leaders.

You guys can't just throw out the best players in the league as an actual legitimate conversational starter. Yet it happens over and over on here.

"Guys.............guys, I know..............Aaron Donald! Let's just trade for Aaron Donald! Problem solved!"