We are in need of a defrense maker!

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Not necessarily sold on they should have picked Carter but one of the following NT/DT would have been nice -

Mazi Smith
Keeanu Benton
Siaki Ika

Even if all they are doing is taking up space so Dremont Jones, Jarran Reed, and others to rush. That would be fine. Ika went in the 3rd round (pick 98) so there were plenty of chances for the Seahawks to nab him.

No discredit to Cam Young. They could have still grabbed him. They need more bodies in the middle of the DL. They have plenty of edge guys.

Last edited:

stang233

Reaction score
Jalen Carter currently has more pressures (11) than Nick Bosa, Myles Garrett, and Aaron Donald.

More QB hurries (10) than Quinnen Williams, Micah Parsons, and TJ Watt.

A higher pass rush win rate (19.3%) than Joey Bosa, Khalil Mack, and Kenny Clark.

Dick Vermeil (former NFL HC) even said that Carter “reminds him” of Reggie White.

The Eagles rookie DT is a MONSTER

sc85sis

Reaction score
Jalen Carter currently has more pressures (11) than Nick Bosa, Myles Garrett, and Aaron Donald.

A higher pass rush win rate (19.3%) than Joey Bosa, Khalil Mack, and Kenny Clark.

Dick Vermeil (former NFL HC) even said that Carter “reminds him” of Reggie White.

Maybe so, but it’s only been two games. And he’s not a Seahawk because he had too many red flags for a team that’s been burned by taking chances on risky picks before.

Can we focus on the guys who are Seahawks?

olyfan63

Reaction score
Maybe so, but it’s only been two games. And he’s not a Seahawk because he had too many red flags for a team that’s been burned by taking chances on risky picks before.

Can we focus on the guys who are Seahawks?
Yeah, like Aldon Smith? Well, he WAS a Seahawk, briefly IIRC.
Will Jalen Carter eventually be the next Aldon Smith?

olyfan63

Reaction score
Ok, you like a guy that's a Las Vegas Raider better than the guy Schneider was able to get. Fair enough. I like Nwousu and think he fits in with Seattle. I like the team they've put together and don't see them freaking out and selling the future for a big name that some fans want them to go acquire. What do you think Las Vegas would insist on to trade for Crosby? He is a nice player but I'm not sure he's worth it. Seattle has gone out and made moves like that before and it never seems to work.

I might be crazy.
Hey, Percy Harvin won the Super Bowl for us. Without his KO return TD, Denver would have surely mounted a comeback. /sarc
You're just being too impatient on this Jamal Adams trade. Once he's back... Superb Owl, baby!
The Jimmy Graham trade was in some ways the best of them, though he wasn't so much of a fit aside from his post-up TD grab skills.
Sheldon Richardson, gave up a 2nd round pick for him, thinking we were just "one player away"
Of course, the trade for Marshawn Lynch is the gold standard, when we really were "one player away" and it was Lynch.

Love his game, but yeah, hard to imagine a scenario where a trade for Crosby would result in net value to the Seahawks, for what they'd have to give up.

Last edited:

hoxrox

Reaction score

That's impressive if true, given the limited number of snaps he's had so far.

But the FO was snakebit and gun-shy after the McDowell situation. And perhaps Carter was not the self-motivated, ultra-competitor that they look for when they evaluated him.

Personally I prefer a dominate front over a dominate secondary but it is what it is.

NY Hawk

Reaction score
Ok I know we are only 2 games into the season, sitting 1-1. I belive our Offense is gonna end up top 5, if we can stay healthy? But our Defense is missing that guy! Yes nice to have Bobby, and his leadership back, and I think Riq & Spoon have the skills to lock up the outside. But this team is in dire straits of needing that Bosa, Watt, Paresens, Donald or Chris Smith type that can cause pressure where ever he lines up. Ok maybe we should have takin the risk on Jalen Carter, but we didn't. So my question is now....... What about Maxx Crosby???? Dude is a freak, and Las Vegas is Dog Water!! What do you think it takes to land him at the trade deadline? He could be the dude if we're trying to make a push this year? Thoughts?
I hope they do something. Even with the win that defense is giving up 30 points a game so far. Seven yards a carry damn near. Yes they need to do something..like get a new DC.