We AREN'T what our record says we are...

morgulon1

Reaction score
This has been a puzzling Seahawks season for me.

Yes I know that we are now 5-2 and not too far back in our division. I bet there are a lot of other fans out there that
wish they could say this. I like many of you have suffered some very poor seasons in the past. Maybe we're a little spoiled at this point. I'll admit this.

But I have to say that were about as weak of a 5-2 team as I have ever seen. A paper tiger.

When you win 4 NFL games by a total of 8 points , you can't think that you're an upper level team in this league. Seattle
could easily be 2-5 or worse. In our "wins" there have been long stretches where we got slapped around. Pushed all
over the field on defense and on offense , I don't think our line is better. Russell Wilson runs for his life almost every time he drops back. Receivers that drop a lot of passes , horrible penalties at the worst possible time.

On the bright side , if you take away the pick 6 and #14's fumble recovery that got returned for a td ... Hey it was a pretty
close game. Seattle decided to make similar mistakes to New Orleans and their backup qb . Look what happened there.
Top notch teams don't do this. I hope that this team gels and improves on both sides of the ball or the second half of the season is going to be bleak.

I have a question for all of you. Name ONE and only one thing that Seattle has to improve moving foward to improve.

My one thing would be the pass rush. We let Frank Clark go assuming that we didn't want to pay him and brought in
Ansah and Clowney. Clark has more sacks than Ansah and Clowney combined.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
morgulon1":205xsn1q said:

Yes I know that we are now 5-2 and not to far back in our division. I bet there are a lot of other fans out there that
wish they could say this. I like many of you have suffered some very poor seasons in the past. Maybe we're a little spoiled at this point. I'll admit this.

But I have to say that were about as weak of a 5-2 team as I have ever seen. A paper tiger.

When you win 4 NFL games by a total of 8 points , you can't think that you're an upper level team in this league. Seattle
could easily be 2-5 or worse. In our "wins" there have been long stretches where we got slapped around. Pushed all
over the field on defense and on offense , I don't think our line is better. Russell Wilson runs for his life almost every time he drops back. Receivers that drop a lot of passes , horrible penalties at the worst possible time.

On the bright side , if you take away the pick 6 and #14's fumble recovery that got returned for a td ... Hey it was a pretty
close game. Seattle decided to make similar mistakes to New Orleans and their backup qb . Look what happened there.
Top notch teams don't do this. I hope that this team gels and improves on both sides of the ball or the second half of the season is going to be bleak.

I have a question for all of you. Name ONE and only one thing that Seattle has to improve moving foward to improve.

My one thing would be the pass rush. We let Frank Clark go assuming that we didn't want to pay him and brought in

In the NFL, you always are what your record says you are.

They will be 7-2 in a few weeks. Then they will need to find a way to win 3-4 of their final 7.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
This isn't college football. In the NFL, you are always what your record says you are. A 10-6 team isn't getting into the playoffs over an 11-5 team because they've had a tougher schedule or won with more style.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Seanhawk":ttwv5x9y said:
This isn't college football. In the NFL, you are always what your record says you are. A 10-6 team isn't getting into the playoffs over an 11-5 team because they've had a tougher schedule or won with more style.

Great point. :2thumbs: This "we really are not as good as our record" garbage needs to be put where it belongs.

justafan

Reaction score
We could just as easily be undefeated if we dont make multiple game changing mistakes. Lousy punt and a return for a TD and a fumble for a TD against the Saints, 2 TOs for TDs today. I dont believe it is a shortage of talent or philosophy. Its just huge mistakes. 14 points worth.

calinator

Reaction score
Pass Rush for sure. Secondary isn't very important if the QB is pressured. The team has made mistakes all year, they could easily be 4-3 but if not so undisciplined could also be 7-0. Just way too many mistakes against the Saints and Ravens.

I don't look at this team and think if they play a good-great team they have no chance of winning. They have enough weapons on offense to keep any game close against anyone. Defense is bad though. I'm starting to think it's on Norton. The talent and personnel is good but am not seeing good scheming.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
For this argument to be valid, you have to apply the EXACT same logic to other teams around the league

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
I hope we dont turn into mariners from cpl years ago when winning 1 run games and then did a collapse.

OP
OP
morgulon1

morgulon1

Reaction score
Hawkpower":3mw0fq0b said:
morgulon1":3mw0fq0b said:

Yes I know that we are now 5-2 and not to far back in our division. I bet there are a lot of other fans out there that

They will be 7-2 in a few weeks. Then they will need to find a way to win 3-4 of their final 7.

Do you think this team can hang with San Fransisco right now? We were a shanked FG away from losing to Los Angeles. If Roethlessberger doesnt get hurt we lose that game. The backup almost beat us.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
I know we are what are record is and won’t apologize for any wins but I agree it don’t feel like a 5-2 team at this point . Just the whole general feel of the team for me .

OP
OP
morgulon1

morgulon1

Reaction score
Seanhawk":9k8aao7a said:

OK .

In the literal sense , YES we are 5-2. It's the same in high school or NCAA. We are at this point ( IMO) a lucky 5-2 that is going to have problems moving foward as I think our offense line sucks and we cant sack the freaking qb. We look like a
9-7 team (once again IMO)

OP
OP
morgulon1

morgulon1

Reaction score
hawkfannj":24dymcrm said:
I know we are what are record is and won’t apologize for any wins but I agree it don’t feel like a 5-2 team at this point . Just the whole general feel of the team for me .

Thank you brother, that was the point I was trying to make. I dont see this team hanging with the big dogs at this point.
Now Seattle seems to be a second half of the season team so theres that.

Nice bass btw

LTH

Reaction score
morgulon1":1gm6sprg said:
Hawkpower":1gm6sprg said:
morgulon1":1gm6sprg said:

Do you think this team can hang with San Fransisco right now? We were a shanked FG away from losing to Los Angeles. If Roethlessberger doesnt get hurt we lose that game. The backup almost beat us.

It doesn't matter if this team can hang with SF right now or not...It's irrelevant.... to many things can happen by the time the Hawks play them...

sprhawk73

Reaction score
Well at least this game put things in perspective. My concern this season is that our record is hiding our flaws and they are not getting the attention they deserve.

I realize ET and Sherm are not what they used to be but they are obviously better than what we are now.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
You could literally play this what-if game every season, including the season the Hawks won the Super Bowl.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Ehhh...it’s alright.

I never had this team winning more than 10 games anyways. I can see Seattle losing at least 4 more games.

Seattle is just not a complete team.

There are obvious flaws on the players and obvious flaws on the coaching side.

Before you say where? Offensive line is inconsistent. Defensive line gets contained. Coaching, mismanagement of time and creating schemes to put players in better positions to succeed.

Seattle is no better than a 10-6 team.

San Fran, New Orleans, Green Bay, are all better than Seattle.

Those teams are 12 or 13 win teams. You can see a noticeable difference.

Seattle will be lucky to get a wild-card spot.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
morgulon1":2jyv11p0 said:
Hawkpower":2jyv11p0 said:
morgulon1":2jyv11p0 said:

How does "hanging with San Fransisco" have anything to do with us not really being 5-2?

The team is 5-2 becuase they have won 5 of their 7 games. Period. Nothing more to say about it. There are no style points in the NFL.

And if you haven't being paying attention, this is how Seattle's season goes every year under Pete. Close ugly wins up and down the schedule.

And for the record, yes. Yes I do think Seattle will "hang" just fine. I'd obviously give the 9ers the edge right now, but the game is still almost a month away.

D

DomeHawk

morgulon1":2x2gzsco said:

Yes I know that we are now 5-2 and not too far back in our division. I bet there are a lot of other fans out there that

No and we haven't been, I agree, but I was hoping we would mature into our record. Just about everything depends on RW having a good day.

OP
OP
morgulon1

morgulon1

Reaction score
Scorpion05":soxlymfm said:
For this argument to be valid, you have to apply the EXACT same logic to other teams around the league

OK . Im trying to understand what you mean. I havent paid close attention to the other teams but for example:

LA Rams missed a field goal that Zurlein hits 85% of the time and we win.

SF plays LA and throttles them merciless

Same thing with Cleveland. SF kicks their ass . We were lucky to win that game ( bad calls helped us for once)

Hawkpower

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":1l2eeppu said:
Ehhh...it’s alright.

I never had this team winning more than 10 games anyways. I can see Seattle losing at least 4 more games.

Seattle is just not a complete team.

There are obvious flaws on the players and obvious flaws on the coaching side.

Before you say where? Offensive line is inconsistent. Defensive line gets contained. Coaching, mismanagement of time and creating schemes to put players in better positions to succeed.

Seattle is no better than a 10-6 team.

San Fran, New Orleans, Green Bay, are all better than Seattle.

Those teams are 12 or 13 win teams. You can see a noticeable difference.

Seattle will be lucky to get a wild-card spot.

Hasn't this been the general consensus by just everyone all year?

I think 10-6/11-5 and a wild card is pretty much the top end of what we all predicted.

Are we supposed to be disappointed by this revelation? I think we would all take a playoff spot again this year wherever it is. Everyone knows the team has flaws. Just get to the playoffs and with Russ, anything can happen