Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Someone not listed above

Votes: 13 23.6%

• Total voters

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Throwdown":2va0irj9 said:
Colin Cowherd ‏@ESPN_Colin 19m
Been told a pretty prominent coll fb coach WILL accept UW job---if offered.

Petersen? or someone else?

This tells us nothing, doesnt even mean whoever this person is is even on UWs radar. Could be Lane Kiffin or Rick Neuheisel. Maybe its Mike Bellotti. They're all prominent names that havnt been offered.

Not sure why a big name, successful football coach would want to be a rowing school. :D

jkitsune

Reaction score
davidonmi":k5d1fxwe said:
My friend has a source saying Petersen will take the job tomorrow morning. Not a bullsh*tter. I'll wait and see

Mornings running out...

CPHawk

Reaction score
Prominent to Cowherd is his buddy Kiffin.

OP
OP
rottweiler

rottweiler

Reaction score
JSeahawks":29ibkc0u said:
This tells us nothing, doesnt even mean whoever this person is is even on UWs radar. Could be Lane Kiffin or Rick Neuheisel. Maybe its Mike Bellotti. They're all prominent names that havnt been offered.

Not sure why a big name, successful football coach would want to be a rowing school. :D

Because it's an AQ school in a bigtime conference with a shot at winning the BCS, maybe???

CPHawk":29ibkc0u said:
Prominent to Cowherd is his buddy Kiffin.

:shock:

SeatownJay

Reaction score
JSea's just terrified UW will actually land Petersen. He's trying to "whistle past the graveyard" right now. :)

CPHawk

Reaction score
SeatownJay":2yjz9jp2 said:
JSea's just terrified UW will actually land Petersen. He's trying to "whistle past the graveyard" right now. :)

It's being reported he said no. Not sure why anyone would be terrified of a coach who just lost 38-6 to UW.

ErikG803

Reaction score
A guy I worked with has some solid contacts and he has it on pretty good authority that the Huskies made Peterson a big offer last night. We'll see if that's who Cowherd was referring to soon enough

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I think now is a great time for a coach to come and be at UW. Oregon and Stanford will slip back to mediocrity.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":1q3zsuxq said:
Petersons out. Why a coach wouldn't want a legit chance to coach in a BCS game is beyond me.

Uh.. he has that at Boise State. Actually Boise has an easier road to the BCS than Washington.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3oknxwcq said:
CALIHAWK1":3oknxwcq said:
Petersons out. Why a coach wouldn't want a legit chance to coach in a BCS game is beyond me.

Uh.. he has that at Boise State. Actually Boise has an easier road to the BCS than Washington.

I meant a title game.

OP
OP
rottweiler

rottweiler

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":2ass8xkt said:

No joke.

I guess Petersen really and truly loves Idahoans.

Unless we're talking about the best potatoes in the world or a great place to get mauled by a grizzly bear or a den of mountain lions, Boise State football is really all they have.

Coming from Arkansas myself, I can certainly empathize.

That Chris Petersen is some kind of bigtime class act. The kind of cat you'd want next to you in a war battle.

His refusal of the job seems to indicate that he's on a mission to prove something when the playoff system comes next year.

I'm guessing Bobby Petrino has to be the new UW coach.

Like some folks on this thread said, he was in town the other day. His brother's the HC of the Idaho Vandals. Because of his offensive genius, Bobby himself can recruit anywhere; but he does have ties to the PNW. And on top of all that, he's ready to become a household name again.

Got to be Petrino. Place your bets now, before it's too late.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":1xe4wqwg said:
Hasselbeck":1xe4wqwg said:
CALIHAWK1":1xe4wqwg said:

I meant a title game.

Again. He has that at Boise. The BCS is gone next year, just get in the Top 4. Petersen has had Boise in the Top 4 twice.. one time they finished at 4th, the other they were knocked off by TCU late to ruin that chance... but they would have been in the fold under the new playoff format.

I know it stings as a Husky fan, but if Petersen has turned down USC .. hard pressed to see him going to Washington.

Subzero717

Reaction score
@Hass it doesn't stimg at all for me. I wasn't high on him to begin with. Hawken soured me. Besides now that the Pac-12 has dumped money into their schools they will start winning the recruits from California amd such that previously Boise was able to snag. As fas as him turning down SC. LA isn't for everyone.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":2wnj1t8k said:
@Hass it doesn't stimg at all for me. I wasn't high on him to begin with. Hawken soured me. Besides now that the Pac-12 has dumped money into their schools they will start winning the recruits from California amd such that previously Boise was able to snag. As fas as him turning down SC. LA isn't for everyone.

Admittedly, I only wanted Petersen if Orgeron stayed on the staff. I'm not sure he could recruit in the Pac-12, or at least out recruit Oregon, UCLA, Washington (had Sark stayed), Stanford, etc.

I think Petrino would be a great hire for the Dawgs, though would be curious to see how well received he'd be.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":993we0h6 said:
CALIHAWK1":993we0h6 said:

Admittedly, I only wanted Petersen if Orgeron stayed on the staff. I'm not sure he could recruit in the Pac-12, or at least out recruit Oregon, UCLA, Washington (had Sark stayed), Stanford, etc.

I think Petrino would be a great hire for the Dawgs, though would be curious to see how well received he'd be.

I think Nick Holt being his DC makes that interesting. I think we end up with Nussmeir and that's extremely underwhelming.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":w07y0671 said:

Are you kidding? BSU has never stolen any "good" recruits from CA. If you look at your ESPN recruit grading scale, I think they have landed ONE 4 star recruit ever. That's Aaron Baltazar, last year. The majority of the guys BSU lands are graded around 75ish or lower on the ESPN scale. Petersen gets the overlooked guys.

Also, as a Boise resident, Boise is a pretty kickass place to live if you enjoy the outdoors and want to get away from 300+ days of rain. That's why I moved. The cost of living is incredibly cheap too so Coach Pete's mediocre D1 coaching salary is probably worth twice as much here.