Votes: 21 38.2%
  • Lane Kiffin

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Someone not listed above

Votes: 13 23.6%

• Total voters

CPHawk

Reaction score
Pete has turned UW down twice, maybe the third time is a charm.

OP
OP
rottweiler

rottweiler

Reaction score
CPHawk":1ebtvemv said:
Pete has turned UW down twice, maybe the third time is a charm.

There is literally nothing left for him to do at BSU, man.

Taking the UW job means he won't have to move his family, something I'm thinking may have been one of the chief concerns with regard to why he has never jumped at the chance to have become an SEC coach in recent years past.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Been hearing the name Bo Pelini.

That would be the worst move ever. He is an in game idiot, and off the field, a disaster.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Scottemojo":me9exes9 said:

That would be the worst move ever. He is an in game idiot, and off the field, a disaster.

I want that to happen sooooo bad.

OP
OP
rottweiler

rottweiler

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":3mr4qmwj said:
Scottemojo":3mr4qmwj said:

I want that to happen sooooo bad.

You're a Ducks fan, I take it.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1ytn1aah said:

Please, God, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

drrew

Reaction score
Nussmeier with Tuiasosopo as the OC is looking to be a strong option.

The other piece which I find surprising is that Chris Petersen apparently is willing to have a conversation about the job, something he wouldn't do with SC or UCLA when their most recent openings happened. If Petersen is available, you hire him.

If he's not, I'm happy with Nussmeier assuming he keeps Wilcox/Sirmon. If they have to start over on both the Off and Def coaches, it'll really hurt.

jkitsune

Reaction score
drrew":1ly4op3w said:

The other piece which I find surprising is that Chris Petersen apparently is willing to have a conversation about the job, something he wouldn't do with SC or UCLA when their most recent openings happened. If Petersen is available, you hire him.

If he's not, I'm happy with Nussmeier assuming he keeps Wilcox/Sirmon. If they have to start over on both the Off and Def coaches, it'll really hurt.

Petersen and Franklin seem to be the best realistic options left, I'm a bit torn on the idea of Petrino but could live with the hire (and it could turn out phenomenal). I kind of doubt Pinkel will want to leave Mizzou, but obviously he would be a great hire as well. Not super excited about hiring an up-and-coming coordinator, even a former Husky like Nuss. Would much rather go with an established HC at this point.

HawkWow

Reaction score
jkitsune":1oudho2q said:
drrew":1oudho2q said:

Petersen and Franklin seem to be the best realistic options left, I'm a bit torn on the idea of Petrino but could live with the hire (and it could turn out phenomenal). I kind of doubt Pinkel will want to leave Mizzou, but obviously he would be a great hire as well. Not super excited about hiring an up-and-coming coordinator, even a former Husky like Nuss. Would much rather go with an established HC at this point.

Same goes for Tui as OC, IMO.

razgriz737

Reaction score
Latest news:

-Marques Tuiasosopo just named UW interim head coach, will coach bowl game.

-Justin Wilcox unlikely to go to USC as they are unwilling to pay the $1 million buyout.

-Wilcox interviewed today for the permanent HC job.

Sources:

http://www.uwdawgpound.com/2013/12/4/51 ... ch-huskies

Dave Softy Mahler ‏@Softykjr 12m
Marques Tuiasosopo will coach UW in their bowl game. Announced as interim Head Coach.

OP
OP
rottweiler

rottweiler

Reaction score
razgriz737":3lpu40i5 said:
Latest news:

-Justin Wilcox unlikely to go to USC as they are unwilling to pay the $1 million buyout.

Sources:

Marques Tuiasosopo will coach UW in their bowl game. Announced as interim Head Coach.

Well, so much for spleenhawk's "big splash" theory — and this very thread itself — then, I s'pose.

Stay classy, U-Dubya!!!

jkitsune

Reaction score
rottweiler":34i2d0i8 said:
razgriz737":34i2d0i8 said:
Latest news:

Sources:

Well, so much for spleenhawk's "big splash" theory — and this very thread itself — then, I s'pose.

Stay classy, U-Dubya!!!

Why? It would be asinine to refuse to interview your dc for the open position at hc if he wanted to.

OP
OP
rottweiler

rottweiler

Reaction score
jkitsune":q7p1scy3 said:
rottweiler":q7p1scy3 said:
razgriz737":q7p1scy3 said:
Latest news:

Sources:

Stay classy, U-Dubya!!!

Why? It would be asinine to refuse to interview your dc for the open position at hc if he wanted to.

Because everything about which we've chatted on this thread and the poll itself are now moot, that's why.

I made no judgment whatsoever on the apparent Wilcox hire.

But since you brought it up, yeah, it does seem to me that this hire indicates that the UW isn't ready to jump into the bigtime — new stadium and increased revenue notwithstanding.

pcbball12

Reaction score

But since you brought it up, yeah, it does seem to me that this hire indicates that the UW isn't ready to jump into the bigtime — new stadium and increased revenue notwithstanding.

He was not hired. He was interviewed. Along with several other candidates I would assume. They are doing their due diligence.

OP
OP
rottweiler

rottweiler

Reaction score
pcbball12":34lciw67 said:

He was not hired. He was interviewed. Along with several other candidates I would assume. They are doing their due diligence.

Way to keep hope alive.

I am pulling for either Petersen or Petrino, myself.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I guess I underestimated Tui (all this time). One of my favorite college QBs (of all time) but his play sometimes made me feel he wasn't overly cerebral. Happy to be (apparently) wrong about that.

davidonmi

Reaction score
My friend has a source saying Petersen will take the job tomorrow morning. Not a bullsh*tter. I'll wait and see

OP
OP
rottweiler

rottweiler

Reaction score
davidonmi":3dppzp4r said:
My friend has a source saying Petersen will take the job tomorrow morning. Not a bullsh*tter. I'll wait and see

Awesome, man.

I just wish I could win an award or something for this thread when it happens.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
davidonmi":2dpeaymq said:

Man I hope your right.