Walter Thurmond substance abuse suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Wartooth":3xys68sb said:
“Life's not about how hard of a hit you can give... it's about how many you can take, and still keep moving forward.”
Rocky Balboa

Go Hawks!

Thurmond obviously took A LOT of hits.

C-Dub

Reaction score
Throwdown":do0hfhg1 said:
C-Dub":do0hfhg1 said:
el capitan":do0hfhg1 said:
I wonder what Antoine Winfield is up to these days.
:13:

I've been googling his name to see what he's been up to.

He retired.
Whoa....thanks bud. Any other details? lol

So what's he doing in retirement? Eating donuts or staying in shape or eating donuts while staying in shape.

HawksSoc

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":1ql7jz2n said:
Bright side: At least we don't need him for the Niners game since Kaepernick only looks at one guy anyway.

Ziiiiiiiiiiiing. :thirishdrinkers:

Beidh sé a bheith mhór

C-Dub

Reaction score
bestfightstory":x5wjlq2u said:
Blitzer88":x5wjlq2u said:
our secondary just took a huge hit.

:pimp: .....a HUGE hit...
i-see-what-you-did-there_o_520433.jpg

el capitan

Reaction score
cacksman":2tg0110x said:
That's a brilliant idea, cut our 2nd best corner, even though he will be completely healthy for the playoffs and a Super Bowl run. Sending a message is the most important thing because I'm sure most guys are out driving drunk and smoking weed this week because Carroll obviously condones this type of behavior.

We got to 10-1 without our two starting Tackles or Percy Harvin not to mention injuries to Wagner, Browner, Rice etc...If you think that having WT3 for the playoffs will be the difference between us winning the Superbowl or not then you obviously don't like our chances.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
daketah":3acnthx6 said:
bigwrm":3acnthx6 said:
bestfightstory":3acnthx6 said:
Cut Him. He has taken up a roster spot for too long.

Dude doesn't deserve a Super Bowl ring.

Cut him? For what was likely marijuana? Half the players in the league probably smoke weed; he was just stupid enough to get caught. It's not like he got drunk and crashed his car (cough cough aldon smith) or was involved in some sort of domestic violence incident or sexual assault. A lot of players have done a lot worse. He made a stupid mistake, he's young, and he'll learn from this.

Will he? Does a 4 game suspension reverse a narcissistic sense of entitlement?
sounds like you know the guy. Do you follow his instagram? Is he constantly posting selfies?
Maybe, MAYBE the guy has a serious drug problem. Maybe the individual has a real problem and isn't a narcissist.

The Outfield

Reaction score
C-Dub":30ng3kvg said:
Throwdown":30ng3kvg said:
C-Dub":30ng3kvg said:
el capitan":30ng3kvg said:
I wonder what Antoine Winfield is up to these days.
:13:

I've been googling his name to see what he's been up to.

He retired.
Whoa....thanks bud. Any other details? lol

So what's he doing in retirement? Eating donuts or staying in shape or eating donuts while staying in shape.

Yeah, retirement doesn't mean anything in the NFL. Just look at Brett Favre.

The Outfield

Reaction score
GoldenTater81":1xxyjgpi said:
The Outfield":1xxyjgpi said:
Yeah, retirement doesn't mean anything in the NFL. Just look at Brett Favre.

Can Favre play CB for us???

Nah, he'd be too worried about hits to the head these days. Otherwise, yes.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
<= totally fine with cutting him though, too injury prone - can't really count on him to be there anyway.

Exittium

Reaction score
cacksman":1fb23qm5 said:
That's a brilliant idea, cut our 2nd best corner, even though he will be completely healthy for the playoffs and a Super Bowl run. Sending a message is the most important thing because I'm sure most guys are out driving drunk and smoking weed this week because Carroll obviously condones this type of behavior.

haha... The bold part makes me laugh, because well Browner should be to and they're not gunna sit browner over Thurmond..I think Thurmond's shit has left

cacksman

Reaction score
el capitan":365n1faf said:
cacksman":365n1faf said:

We got to 10-1 without our two starting Tackles or Percy Harvin not to mention injuries to Wagner, Browner, Rice etc...If you think that having WT3 for the playoffs will be the difference between us winning the Superbowl or not then you obviously don't like our chances.

When did I say he would be the difference? The truth is, Thurmond has been playing at a pro bowl level this season and we could surely use that come playoff time when we actually will be playing playoff caliber teams. We've got to 10-1 playing the worst schedule in the league.

We can use all the help we can get. This is all moot because there is 0% chance he gets cut. Luckily the PCJS think long term and don't make irrational decisions like half this board would like. :th2thumbs:

BillHawks

Reaction score
Man, hard to judge the guy without knowing what he actually took. For a guy coming off some major injuries I wouldn't rule out prescription drugs. We won't ever know what he used but if it's painkillers - that's sad. One of the toughest things a person can go through.

strohmin

Reaction score
Do we know the whole story? I mean how do we come to the conclusion of cutting him? What exactly did he do? Drugs or PEDS? I missed the news this morning and can't find much information on this.

daketah

Reaction score
ClumsyLurk":ibvgda01 said:
daketah":ibvgda01 said:
bigwrm":ibvgda01 said:
bestfightstory":ibvgda01 said:
Cut Him. He has taken up a roster spot for too long.

Dude doesn't deserve a Super Bowl ring.

Cut him? For what was likely marijuana? Half the players in the league probably smoke weed; he was just stupid enough to get caught. It's not like he got drunk and crashed his car (cough cough aldon smith) or was involved in some sort of domestic violence incident or sexual assault. A lot of players have done a lot worse. He made a stupid mistake, he's young, and he'll learn from this.

Will he? Does a 4 game suspension reverse a narcissistic sense of entitlement?
sounds like you know the guy. Do you follow his instagram? Is he constantly posting selfies?
Maybe, MAYBE the guy has a serious drug problem. Maybe the individual has a real problem and isn't a narcissist.

I don't have a problem admitting that I may have been wrong. The first thoughts I had were that he couldn't put the team ahead of the pipe. That was a snap to judgment based upon an assumption (he did go to school in Eugene). Since my initial thoughts, I have read a few of the brethren here suggest that he could be fighting an addiction to pain meds. If this is the case, I'm dead wrong in my assessment and judgment. What he needs is help, not punishment. On the other hand, if his suspension is over recreational (marijuana) substance, I stand by my initial words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts