Is the NFL too lenient on PED users

fire_marshall_bill

Reaction score
Long distance runners I think would dispute that. Its widely used in that community now. Does it work? I don't know. One thing I find VERY interesting is that big College programs like the UW don't test for weed.
If recovery is considered enhancement (I guess there's an argument), then maybe. There's probably some competitive advantage.

Aircrew

Reaction score
PEDs should be allowed. Problem solved.
I came here to say exactly this. No PED's should be banned, period. If an athlete wants to juice themselves up to the point they're running the Kentucky Derby in the offseason with a jockey on their back, more power to them. It's their life and my enjoyment. I can only imagine an NFL where platoons of Brock Lesnars were going to absolute war every week, that would be Roman Coliseum level amazing.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
I came here to say exactly this. No PED's should be banned, period. If an athlete wants to juice themselves up to the point they're running the Kentucky Derby in the offseason with a jockey on their back, more power to them. It's their life and my enjoyment. I can only imagine an NFL where platoons of Brock Lesnars were going to absolute war every week, that would be Roman Coliseum level amazing.
They should declare it and if any make the hall of fame in baseball or football just have an Asterix beside it or a separate category. Still think it's a joke the likes of Barry Bonds aren't in it. They were the best players of their day, people paid to see them, teams/the league made money from them etc.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
What is wrong with anabolics?
The adverse health effects of long term use are documented. I just wouldn't want athletes to be put in a position where they pretty much have to use them just to be competitive.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
The adverse health effects of long term use are documented. I just wouldn't want athletes to be put in a position where they pretty much have to use them just to be competitive.
The adverse effects of long-term use are largely due to the ban on dissemination of knowledge on how to safely use them, and early experiments in the Soviet bloc countries, who didn’t give a shit about the long-term consequences.

Anabolics, used appropriately, are quite safe, and by bringing them out from the shadows, we can make them significantly more safe.

flv2

Reaction score
The NFL can cater to everyone with tight restrictions concerning drugs, (and make s**t loads of money), or it can cater to those that want no restrictions. Either catering to that section of society would bring in lots of extra viewers and sponsors to counter the loss of those that walked away...or it wouldn't.

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
The NFL doesn't care about health. You think somebody who plays at 320lbs for 13 years is healthy? If they cared there would be a weight limit and they would be wearing flags. It is all about public perception and the mighty dollar. Would you be in support of a weight limit for the players? I believe the military colleges already have one.