Jim Harbaugh in TROUBLE

pmedic920

Reaction score

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Yea he’s a good coach (I won’t deny it) but I just can’t “like” him.
He’s a good coach, for players who only have to deal with him for 3 years or so. That’s why he failed in the NFL. In college, his best players have something they desperately want from him so it’s worth dealing with him for a few seasons. In the pros there’s not such a big carrot to keep players in line, so he got run out of town. His recruiting is great but his drafting sucked. He inherited possibly the best team any new coach ever got and went downhill fast as soon as players he picked played more.

Mix

Reaction score
What I want to know is did he throw a clipboard during the investigation?

Harbaugh is a great coach, just not a Head Coach. Guy could of been a terrific coordinator or assistant coach for a very long time in the league.

toffee

Reaction score
Jim Harbaugh may have some people issues, Sherm and Angry weren't a fan after years with him in Stanford. Jed York willingly let him go when he was winning games for the 9ers.

bileever

Reaction score
I hated the guy when he was coaching the 49ers, but always admired his tenacity and coaching ability. The 49ers made a mistake in deciding between him and Trent Baalke. They're lucky they landed on their feet after the Tomsula era.

Since Harbaugh's left the 49ers, I've really come to appreciate Harbaugh, not only for his coaching prowess, but his impact on young players. For example, Harbaugh takes the players on a trip to a foreign country in the summer, when he could be relaxing or taking a family trip. His teams have gone to Paris, Rome and South Africa, among other places so that his players, most of whom have never left their home town, can be exposed to other cultures and learn a little history.

Of course, not every player loves Harbaugh, he's a polarizing figure. But for every former player who hates him, there's someone who loves him. He doesn't try to be a players' coach, he's very tough and honest, so he's going to have detractors.

chris98251

Reaction score
Harbaugh is a guy that pushes boundaries to get results, boundaries as in the tolerance of a spoiled take my ball and go home player type personality, he does it with everyone and anyone as well. There was a story about him and his brother commented about Jims ego, drive, take no less then best effort and strive for perfection, hating that he was not given the physical gifts to be better, not that Captain Comeback was all that bad. But he puts those expectations on himself as well.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
He can still coach practices. He simply can't coach or have contact on game day. And the toughest opponent out of those 4 games is Rutgers. Nothingburger punishment.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Real punishment would've been a season long suspension. No contact.
No pay.

But hey, I'm fat and gray looking and smell like spoiled milk.

Turtle

Reaction score
And it continues....this guy is the epitome of shit bag.

Michigan was found to be in violation of the Big Ten's sportsmanship policy for "conducting an impermissible, in-person scouting operation over multiple years, resulting in an unfair competitive advantage that compromised the integrity of competition," the conference said in a statement

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...urces-big-ten-ban-michigan-jim-harbaugh-field

James in PA

Reaction score
I hated it when he left the Niners just because beating him was so much fun. The Hawks were always extra amped for those games. I was watching a clip of one of his pressers the other day. Dude is just as awkward as ever. I can definitely see him back in the NFL someday. Coaching the Raiders, no doubt.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I'm not even sure he's that great of a coach, at least as far as the NFL is concerned. He walked into a full cupboard of talent and left them in shambles.

Due to his abrasive personality, he'd be a huge risk for a team to hire. It would be a boom or bust proposition, either hoisting a Lombardi or an ass wipe.