drdiags

Reaction score

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
SeaTown81":3h9udbb4 said:
Smelly McUgly":3h9udbb4 said:
OK, in the NFL.com article:

Thurmond is appealing the suspension, but he plans to drop that appeal early next week in order to return for a playoff run, according to Rapoport.

Can this idiot not do math? We have five games left. Drop the appeal AFTER the Saints game, dude. You will still be back in time for a playoff run.

I'm guessing that's what they meant. Hawks being on bye this week confuses things a tad. I'm sure the writer meant after the Saints game. But yeah...IDIOT!!! :roll:

When I am god-emperor of the universe, or at least dictator of the country, using the rolling-eyes smiley will be grounds for immediate launching into the sun.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
SeaTown81":3ji95xue said:
Doug Baldwin Jr @DougBaldwinJr
He who is without sin shall cast the first stone… apparently there are no stones left. Mistakes happen, y’all need to get over yourselves.

Pretty pissed at Thurmond for letting his team down like this. But I kinda gotta agree with Doug here. Some fans needs to chill just a tad. Anonymous internet sanctimony from many who have done just as bad or some much worse is one of the lamer aspects to the this whole online thing.
I throw cheetos but follow the 5second rule too. So it's mostly a wash when I cast my judgement.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":ousv3x92 said:
SeaTown81":ousv3x92 said:
Smelly McUgly":ousv3x92 said:
OK, in the NFL.com article:

Thurmond is appealing the suspension, but he plans to drop that appeal early next week in order to return for a playoff run, according to Rapoport.

Can this idiot not do math? We have five games left. Drop the appeal AFTER the Saints game, dude. You will still be back in time for a playoff run.

I'm guessing that's what they meant. Hawks being on bye this week confuses things a tad. I'm sure the writer meant after the Saints game. But yeah...IDIOT!!! :roll:

When I am god-emperor of the universe, or at least dictator of the country, using the rolling-eyes smiley will be grounds for immediate launching into the sun.

:les:

bestfightstory

Reaction score
SeaTown81":1o6v505f said:
He who is without sin shall cast the first stone… apparently there are no stones left. Mistakes happen, y’all need to get over yourselves.
Anonymous internet sanctimony from many who have done just as bad or some much worse is one of the lamer aspects to the this whole online thing.

Well, when Baldwin quits hiding behind his twitter account and says that to my face you might have a point. :thirishdrinkers: :thfight7:

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
SeaTown81":348f64g7 said:
Smelly McUgly":348f64g7 said:
SeaTown81":348f64g7 said:
Smelly McUgly":348f64g7 said:

:les:

I wish. Metamucil looks delicious, and you can crap your pants and no one really blames you for it.

daketah

Reaction score
SeaTown81":2xhb73kp said:

Pretty pissed at Thurmond for letting his team down like this. But I kinda gotta agree with Doug here. Some fans needs to chill just a tad. Anonymous internet sanctimony from many who have done just as bad or some much worse is one of the lamer aspects to the this whole online thing.

DB quotes scripture that refers to a question of execution (stoning). I don't think anyone here is suggesting that WT3 be executed. On the other hand, the suggestions of what should happen to him are consistent with consequences in any job when an employee is a liability.

Additionally, whether I or anyone else has done "as bad or some much worse" is irrelevant. If qualification for judgment requires perfection, then the world has no qualified judges.

c_hawkbob

Reaction score
1- he may well have been asked to drop his appeal so we'd have him for the playoffs with Browner looking questionable even then ... we don't know the whole of BB's situation yet.

2- from a purely football perspective at least isn't hurt, we don't have to worry about rehab or if he'll be ready to go when he comes back and we don't have to pay him, he's just unavailable for 4 games. We can worry about judging him or whether or not to re-sign him in the off season.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
daketah":2sgqs7s1 said:
DB quotes scripture that refers to a question of execution (stoning). I don't think anyone here is suggesting that WT3 be executed. On the other hand, the suggestions of what should happen to him are consistent with consequences in any job when an employee is a liability.

Additionally, whether I or anyone else has done "as bad or some much worse" is irrelevant. If qualification for judgment requires perfection, then the world has no qualified judges.

Um...you're not supposed to take that bit of scripture literally (well, at this point). We're talking verbal stones, not real ones.

But otherwise, I agree with you. I like Dougie Fresh, but he needs to lay off the Twitter. He made a fool of himself a couple weeks ago whining about some dude that got cut in the hotel when they were in Atlanta. You know what business you are in. Fans will get pissed about drug suspensions and guys get cut all the time.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
bestfightstory":3i1t3tto said:
SeaTown81":3i1t3tto said:
Anonymous internet sanctimony from many who have done just as bad or some much worse is one of the lamer aspects to the this whole online thing.

Well, when Baldwin quits hiding behind his twitter account and says that to my face he might have a point. :thirishdrinkers:

Why does he have to do that? Sorry. But I have to agree with him. It's one thing to be disappointed and upset with WT. Voicing such disappointment is perfectly acceptable. But I can only imagine the idiotic and over the line things some are saying on Twitter right now. And if I was a Seahawk and saw such, I'd say something similar. People do need to get over themselves.

I'm guessing Baldwin would have absolutely no problem saying this to your face. He's not able to. So he uses a platform to reach as many at once as possible. Odds are most irate Hawks fans would not do the same to WT or any Hawk for that matter.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
KARAVARUS":ihoy37oy said:
What pain killers exactly are banned by the NFL? Seems like a catch 22.

Tylenol 3 has codiene in it. I wonder if that is one. I was on it after a back surgery. I got off it as fast as I could.
:thirishdrinkers:
Go Hawks.

Sac

Reaction score
It's probably pot.

Thurmond made a dumb decision that negatively impacted the team, and hurt himself in a contract year.

But if it is pot, this is yet another reason why it should be flat out legalized nationally. I'd rather have NFL players smoking a joint or two instead of popping a bunch of pharmaceuticals to deal with the pain.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
SeaTown81":3uk2cflz said:
bestfightstory":3uk2cflz said:
SeaTown81":3uk2cflz said:

Well, when Baldwin quits hiding behind his twitter account and says that to my face he might have a point. :thirishdrinkers:

Why does he have to do that? Sorry. But I have to agree with him. It's one thing to be disappointed and upset with WT. Voicing such disappointment is perfectly acceptable. But I can only imagine the idiotic and over the line things some are saying on Twitter right now. And if I was a Seahawk and saw such, I'd say something similar. People do need to get over themselves.

I'm guessing Baldwin would have absolutely no problem saying this to your face. He's not able to. So he uses a platform to reach as many at once as possible. Odds are most irate Hawks fans would not do the same to WT or any Hawk for that matter.

:34853_doh: take a joke much? baldwin is the king of internet sanctimony.

Shaz

Reaction score
cacksman":27bpn9pw said:
ClumsyLurk":27bpn9pw said:
cacksman":27bpn9pw said:
We've got to 10-1 playing the worst schedule in the league.
ummmmm, no the chiefs did that

Chiefs are not 10-1, and the Chiefs have played better opponents than us so far. You are false on both accounts.

No they haven't.

45Hawker

Reaction score
drdiags":2ul6g8rw said:
But I see no way he would come back here after getting cut. His pride led to him walking on a higher offer from the Vikings before signing here as a FA. Him being cut by the Seahawks after taking a lesser deal is not going to help in getting him to come back. Just my opinion though.
Winfield's decision to turn down that offer from the Vikes would seem to indicate that a chance to play for a contender was more important to him than money, and possibly, playing time as well. Because of our depth, and his salary, he didn't make the Hawk's opening season roster.

Things have certainly changed with Browner and Thurmond now being out, and maybe Winfield would indeed consider coming back for solid playing time on a SB contender. He obviously wanted to be part of the Hawks at some point. Of course, this is my hopeful speculation.

GO HAWKS!!!

QuahHawk

Reaction score
c_hawkbob":289h44co said:
1- he may well have been asked to drop his appeal so we'd have him for the playoffs with Browner looking questionable even then ... we don't know the whole of BB's situation yet.

2- from a purely football perspective at least isn't hurt, we don't have to worry about rehab or if he'll be ready to go when he comes back and we don't have to pay him, he's just unavailable for 4 games. We can worry about judging him or whether or not to re-sign him in the off season.

Exactly, it gives some of our less experienced DB's more playing time and will only make us deeper come playoff time. Just like our OL situation earlier.

Dismas

Reaction score
c_hawkbob":3jjsmaj6 said:

For 1 . . . I don't have a copy of the NFL CBA, but I am very confident that the team urging him towards ANY particular course of action would be a greivable offense. If it was up to Pete, I imagine he would have rather that Walt do the suspension immediately upon receiving judgement, rather than appeal at all, so it could be done and over with before December, as we try to ramp up for the playoff push.

2. exactly . . compares very well with the Browner suspension last season, he came back for the playoffs and was 100% ready to whup some butt!

CPHawk

Reaction score
People want to cut him? How's that "showing him"? He would be signed within 5 minutes, and we would be without 2 of out 3 best corners for the playoffs.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
What a dumbass. He just got much easier to re-sign if the Hawks want to. Hopefully he plays in the Saints game. Sucks that he chose to let his teammates and the fans down like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.