Walter Thurmond substance abuse suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.

plyka

Reaction score
Throwdown":3iy54ue6 said:
I'm laughing so hard at these posts

I'm with you...it's almost as if i'm reading a script from the Onion.

General Manager

Reaction score
We are on a Super Bowl run and he gets pinched at this time of year, inexcusable can't have it . Seriously Thurmond you suck.

plyka

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":18z9q4l2 said:
CANHawk":18z9q4l2 said:
JSeahawks":18z9q4l2 said:
Y'all better lay off my one time adopt a rookie!! I got his back through thick n thin!

(for what its worth, I'm hearing from some Ducks folks that it might have been an unapproved pain killer that is the problem here... don't know the validity of that though).

Yeah, I bet that kid knows a thing or six about pain. Pretty hard to call him an idiot or moron etc. etc. Without knowing all the facts ( not that it stops many people from doing it anyway...)

I'm with you J. I got his back too.

No it isn't hard at all. He knows the rules. It's his body, his career, his obligation to his teammates to do things correctly so that he can be depended on each game day.

He messed up and there is no excuse.

No one is excusing HIS mistake. I see a million people on the board ready to give up on the rest of the season and send Thurmond to the firing squad though (exaggeration on my part). You included, claiming that Pete Caroll is not good enough, he is too loose, etc. That's called an overreaction. There are 53 players on the team. You may have a player here or there make mistakes. Dwayne Bowe got a DUI and got busted for weed in his car just last week. It doesn't mean the Kansas City Chiefs now suck at 9-2, should give up on the rest of the season or that they are doomed. It doesn't mean the coach is a horrible person or a bad coach. It means a player made a mistake. That tends to happen when you have multi millionaire adults in their 20's running around.

stack600

Reaction score
drdiags":3l1tyvos said:
Blitzer88":3l1tyvos said:
One big question I have still, why wasn't this suspension announced earlier? I mean this is the exact same time as last year when the PED suspensions were announced by the NFL for Sherm and BB. It just seems like too much of a coincidence.

It hasn't been announced yet by the league. Ian Rappoport is reporting it and no league/team official has made a statement on it yet. Thurmond admits it but nothing from the league. Now why did it take this long or when did the positive test occur? If you look at Browner and Sherman's cases last year, they got dinged in Oct (I think) but the appeal/suspensions were not until later in the year. For some reason it seems these are attached in some way to the timing of the bye week.

Maybe a coincidence? Not sure.

Just a guess but I'm wondering if the test are done around the 4 game breaks, Weeks 1-4, weeks 5-8, weeks 9-12 and weeks 13-17. Just a thought....

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
plyka":z9rsycns said:
Tech Worlds":z9rsycns said:
CANHawk":z9rsycns said:
JSeahawks":z9rsycns said:
Y'all better lay off my one time adopt a rookie!! I got his back through thick n thin!

(for what its worth, I'm hearing from some Ducks folks that it might have been an unapproved pain killer that is the problem here... don't know the validity of that though).

Yeah, I bet that kid knows a thing or six about pain. Pretty hard to call him an idiot or moron etc. etc. Without knowing all the facts ( not that it stops many people from doing it anyway...)

I'm with you J. I got his back too.

No it isn't hard at all. He knows the rules. It's his body, his career, his obligation to his teammates to do things correctly so that he can be depended on each game day.

He messed up and there is no excuse.

No one is excusing HIS mistake. I see a million people on the board ready to give up on the rest of the season and send Thurmond to the firing squad though (exaggeration on my part). You included, claiming that Pete Caroll is not good enough, he is too loose, etc. That's called an overreaction. There are 53 players on the team. You may have a player here or there make mistakes. Dwayne Bowe got a DUI and got busted for weed in his car just last week. It doesn't mean the Kansas City Chiefs now suck at 9-2, should give up on the rest of the season or that they are doomed. It doesn't mean the coach is a horrible person or a bad coach. It means a player made a mistake. That tends to happen when you have multi millionaire adults in their 20's running around.

Bringing up Pete Carrolls coaching style is absolutely fair and not an overreaction. We have a pattern of drug violations on this team since he took over. To think that his loose style with the guys might lead to them taking liberties that they would not take with a disciplinarian style coach is absolutely not an overreaction. He is a great coach that in my opinion needs to tighten up on this stuff. You know what? Bet he'd say the same thing.

My lord you'd think I called Pete Carroll Satan the way you guys are twisting things. Amazing what you homers will do even when the evidence smacks you in the face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts