UPDATE - Sherman Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Rat":f2se4sp3 said:
With these recent moves, this is not a better football team.

This is a very true statement, but we haven't even reached free agency or the draft yet. There's a LOT of off season left to go.

I can't see our defense being as good as it has been (and it might never be that good again), but I'm hopeful they use the new found resources to upgrade the weaker portions of the team (namely the offense). If we can stay top 10 on defense and get into the top 10 on offense, we can wield a very competitive team. If the offense doesn't dramatically improve, we are in serious trouble.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
replicant":2x5zehsg said:
Richard Sherman sends cryptic tweet after Seahawks release

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/ri ... li=BBnb7Kz

I don't see that as cryptic. He is defending he can still play near the top. Problem is, those stats carry the past more than the present. They also ignore 2 major surgeries to vital areas and their influence to continue his profession at a high level.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Seymour":p47ta78c said:
Seymour":p47ta78c said:
Shanegotyou11":p47ta78c said:
He said he wants to go somewhere with a great qb.

Thanks Sherman. It was a helluva ride.

Are you just stirring up crap here? Please show evidence of this, because if he said that it would undoubtedly close the door to him returning to Seattle. :141847_bnono:

My apologies....looks like he did say that.

What kind of a statement was that Sherm?? :shock: :roll: :shock:

What are the priorities as he makes his decision? The four-time All Pro told NFL Network's Tom Pelissero that he's looking for the right fit on a team with a "great quarterback," a place in which he will be "comfortable."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...back-richard-shermans-potential-landing-spots

Yea I don't try to troll.

Decimation

Reaction score
Damn dude.. I’m going to miss Sherman.. one of those moves that just makes you sad. Can’t picture the guy in another uniform.

hawkpride

Reaction score
It's official, posted on seahawks.com now.

Sad day in 12 land.

massari

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":387qquyy said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BradyHenderson/status/972186697956929537[/tweet]
Hopefully the Hawks, but I'm guessing Raiders or Pats.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Seymour":nbhxc5a9 said:
Steve2222":nbhxc5a9 said:
So now you guys are implying Wilson isn’t a great QB?

Wow

Hell no! Sherman made that statement and it implies HE thinks Wilson isn't a great QB. Or it sure could imply that. This is Wilsons team, and those Sherm vs Wilson rumors last year may well be true and part of this.

Sherm isn't implying anything. He doesn't want to go to a team with a scrub QB. He wants to go to a team with a great qb so he can win.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Seymour":3c9nvag0 said:
My apologies....looks like he did say that.

What kind of a statement was that Sherm?? :shock: :roll: :shock:

What are the priorities as he makes his decision? The four-time All Pro told NFL Network's Tom Pelissero that he's looking for the right fit on a team with a "great quarterback," a place in which he will be "comfortable."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...back-richard-shermans-potential-landing-spots

Sounds like he is saying he would like to play for the Hawks again. TBH

hawkman

Reaction score
Steve2222":3hbfkh19 said:
Hotchy":3hbfkh19 said:
Any reactions from Earl ? I wonder if he even wants to be here now. He's only got a couple all pro years left and looking around at the secondary he'll be working with in 2018 is very disheartening for a competitor like Thomas is. I'm thinking he'll be asking for a trade here pretty soon.

When teams start to gut and rebuild, the HOFers should be kept. To me , Wagner and Thomas are the current players that fit that bill. All the others, including Wilson and Sherman, will just be remembered as really good Hawks.

Largent, Jones, Tez, Easley, Thomas, and Wagner can all be argued at being the best to play their positions.

Pretty sure 100% of NFL fans will remember Russell Wilson more than Bobby Wagner

Also, Wilson’s path to the Hall of Fame is right on par with ET and Wagner. You realize it’s incredibly difficult for QBs to get All Pros? Wilson was a Top 3 candidate for MVP until the wheels completely fell off the team Week 14.

It amazes me how underappreciated Russell Wilson is amongst Seahawks fans.

And no, ET, Largent, and Wagner cannot be argued as all time best at their position. Lmao. What a dumb post

Wilson is flat out most overrated qb in history. Without a historical defense and a once in a generation RB we don’t win a SB. That’s what Lil russ needed, and will never have a team like that again. We are a 8 or 9 win team at best as long as the little one is here.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
hawkman":20ukdipe said:
Steve2222":20ukdipe said:
Hotchy":20ukdipe said:
Any reactions from Earl ? I wonder if he even wants to be here now. He's only got a couple all pro years left and looking around at the secondary he'll be working with in 2018 is very disheartening for a competitor like Thomas is. I'm thinking he'll be asking for a trade here pretty soon.

When teams start to gut and rebuild, the HOFers should be kept. To me , Wagner and Thomas are the current players that fit that bill. All the others, including Wilson and Sherman, will just be remembered as really good Hawks.

Largent, Jones, Tez, Easley, Thomas, and Wagner can all be argued at being the best to play their positions.

Pretty sure 100% of NFL fans will remember Russell Wilson more than Bobby Wagner

Also, Wilson’s path to the Hall of Fame is right on par with ET and Wagner. You realize it’s incredibly difficult for QBs to get All Pros? Wilson was a Top 3 candidate for MVP until the wheels completely fell off the team Week 14.

And no, ET, Largent, and Wagner cannot be argued as all time best at their position. Lmao. What a dumb post

Wilson is flat out most overrated qb in history. Without a historical defense and a once in a generation RB we don’t win a SB. That’s what Lil russ needed, and will never have a team like that again. We are a 8 or 9 win team at best as long as the little one is here.

You must really enjoy watching games over the last 6 years. :roll:

hawkfan68

Reaction score
hawkman":ex1ma6zs said:
Steve2222":ex1ma6zs said:
Hotchy":ex1ma6zs said:

You completely ignore the fact that Russell WIlson took a basically 7-9 team with Tjack/Clipboard Jesus as QB into the playoffs (his rookie year). The defense was basically the same in 2011 and 2012 seasons.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Sherm in Gee Scott interview throwing FO under the bus. Saying he was cut because of mismanagement, bad drafting. It’s not an unfair assessment (though the injury obviously a big factor too), but you generally don’t put that type of stuff out there publicly. I’m sure he will have more to say along these lines in the coming weeks.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":14ay9emq said:
Sherm in Gee Scott interview throwing FO under the bus. Saying he was cut because of mismanagement, bad drafting. It’s not an unfair assessment (though the injury obviously a big factor too), but you generally don’t put that type of stuff out there publicly. I’m sure he will have more to say along these lines in the coming weeks.

Sherman being Sherman. He's not wrong, just honest, as usual. I wouldn't expect anything less.

MrThortan

Reaction score
“That’s a number of things. A bit of mismanagement, drafting not as great as it was in the first couple years. Guys getting paid. And obviously it’s different, because usually a guy’s performance declines and his pay declines,” Sherman said.

From reading the article it doesn't sound like he is speaking with malice. Just telling it how it is.

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/423113/ri ... an-option/

Cyrus12

Reaction score
This is a tough cut. Sherm brought the swagger and winning attitude to this team. I knew as soon as the injury occurred we would never see him play here again. Hope he signs on with a winner and gets a ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.