UPDATE - Sherman Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":39m0mrdh said:
Gonna' be 30 soon, coming off TWO Achilles surgeries. He wasn't gonna' be worth 11, let alone the 13 he could get in Santa Clara.
Reminds me of the time where the Mariners said that Randy Johnson (who had a history of back trouble) @ the age of 34 had a bad back was done so they traded him.

After that he went on to win 4 more CY Young awards and a World Series ring. More times than not you “sleep on”’ultra-competitive player they will make you pay! The drive of the mind is super powerful when engaged.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
RCATES":337wgnu3 said:
Apparently before he signed the deal with SF he offered the same deal to Seattle. A deal that only basically pays Sherman anything close to his original deal if he performs well (pro bowl/ all-pro) and is on the field 95% of the year. Seems silly that Hawks wouldn't take that. There must be something they know that we don't about Sherm's future health.

Personality issues/clashes were a big part of this. That won't be part of any "official" reason, but it was.

And I wouldn't be at all surprised if some of these moves are being helped along by RW finally letting the front office know it's what he wants. Pull the weeds. I support him 100% in that. He's been too unwilling to push his will in that regard.

If he wants to be a true franchise QB, he needs to step that part of his persona up.

chris98251

Reaction score
semiahmoo":tdiufvsd said:
RCATES":tdiufvsd said:
Apparently before he signed the deal with SF he offered the same deal to Seattle. A deal that only basically pays Sherman anything close to his original deal if he performs well (pro bowl/ all-pro) and is on the field 95% of the year. Seems silly that Hawks wouldn't take that. There must be something they know that we don't about Sherm's future health.

Personality issues/clashes were a big part of this. That won't be part of any "official" reason, but it was.

And I wouldn't be at all surprised if some of these moves are being helped along by RW finally letting the front office know it's what he wants. Pull the weeds. I support him 100% in that. He's been too unwilling to push his will in that regard.

If he wants to be a true franchise QB, he needs to step that part of his persona up.

Well he is a Yankee now after all.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
semiahmoo":3njpu0jg said:
RCATES":3njpu0jg said:

For some reason I have a hard time believing this- besides the zero evidence.

MrThortan

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":2ap7t90w said:
semiahmoo":2ap7t90w said:
RCATES":2ap7t90w said:

For some reason I have a hard time believing this- besides the zero evidence.

Don't you know they have the inside scoop on what goes on behind the scenes? I mean, Pete isn't here anymore right?

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2elkmzda said:
SoulfishHawk":2elkmzda said:
Gonna' be 30 soon, coming off TWO Achilles surgeries. He wasn't gonna' be worth 11, let alone the 13 he could get in Santa Clara.
Reminds me of the time where the Mariners said that Randy Johnson (who had a history of back trouble) @ the age of 34 had a bad back was done so they traded him.

After that he went on to win 4 more CY Young awards and a World Series ring. More times than not you “sleep on”’ultra-competitive player they will make you pay! The drive of the mind is super powerful when engaged.

There's a small number of Top DB's who played good into their 30's. Most DB's with major injuries late in their careers are not the same players.

I'll go with Pete on this one. He has developed and evaluated a lot of good DB's.

acctingman

Reaction score
Wish someone could call Sherm during that interview and ask..."U mad bro?"

Sherm is a douche, but he's entitled to say what he wants. He can be the 49'ners douche now.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Please Sherman, for once.... show some class.

Look, I get it, it probably really stung when the Seahawks released you. It's a brutal hard business. But you got released because you became a distraction, you took some shots at the coaches while you were here, then you got older and got hurt. Your salary became too much for what you were offering at this point. That's the way it works. The NFL is ruthless.

Just stop talking trash about Carroll and the org trying to rationalize it. Just walk away with your head up and go play ball.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
What in the world is he talking about when he says not valuing and riding it out with core players? Most people are talking about how unique it is that the Seahawks kept that core on defense together all these years with no changes. In fact, isn't it keeping that core together until now the reason we have to make these changes all at once?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts