UPDATE - Sherman Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Blitzer88":2172010e said:
Really a sad day. Sherm single handedly did so much for this team and franchise. I will never forget the Tip, the rant after the tip, his passion for the game and how great of a player he was. Thanks for the memories Sherm! Sad to see him go, but bets of luck to him!

I mean this tweet hit me the most:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/SI_PeterKing/status/972171586227916800[/tweet]

Easy..

He was here 7 years

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seymour":2wlhbjpm said:
kidhawk":2wlhbjpm said:
Seymour":2wlhbjpm said:
Steve2222":2wlhbjpm said:
So now you guys are implying Wilson isn’t a great QB?

Wow

Hell no! Sherman made that statement and it implies HE thinks Wilson isn't a great QB. Or it sure could imply that. This is Wilsons team, and those Sherm vs Wilson rumors may well be true and part of this.

Sherman didn't leave of his own choice saying he'd rather be on a team with a great QB. Assuming he said it at all, he very well is likely saying that the next team he plays on he wants them to have a great qb. This increases playoff potential, so it's what most free agents would like. It's only fans who want to stir the pot who are trying to make it something it's most definitely not

Disagree. When have you ever heard a FA make a comment like that besides possibly a WR? That was a calculated statement IMO.

You've referenced dozens of times...

So find the quote

kidhawk

Reaction score
Seymour":3txjoqtn said:
kidhawk":3txjoqtn said:
Seymour":3txjoqtn said:
Steve2222":3txjoqtn said:

Wow

Hell no! Sherman made that statement and it implies HE thinks Wilson isn't a great QB. Or it sure could imply that. This is Wilsons team, and those Sherm vs Wilson rumors may well be true and part of this.

Sherman didn't leave of his own choice saying he'd rather be on a team with a great QB. Assuming he said it at all, he very well is likely saying that the next team he plays on he wants them to have a great qb. This increases playoff potential, so it's what most free agents would like. It's only fans who want to stir the pot who are trying to make it something it's most definitely not

Disagree. When have you ever heard a FA make a comment like that besides possibly a WR? That was a calculated statement IMO.

He is obviously leaving here, so this team is likely not even on his radar at the moment, so Wilson isn't even a part of the equation. It's only a calculated statement if you want to believe it is.

Lots of players seek out teams with great qbs because those teams make the playoffs way more often. Free agents want the most money on the best teams. Sherman has already been paid, and his next check will likely be on a prove it type deal coming off the injury, so money is less a factor for him. That really only leaves the team choice. Free agents either want a specific region or a team that consistently is a contender. By asking for a team with a great qb, sherman is setting his bar for which teams he'll even talk to. Still has nothing to do with RW as we are the team he is leaving, not a team he is going to.

I'm not sure why I'm wasting my time explaining it though. It's quite obvious that fans will believe what they want to believe, truth be damned.

kidhawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1m8j7pb7 said:
Rat":1m8j7pb7 said:
Some team is going to be really happy to have him next season.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BradyHenderson/status/972186697956929537[/tweet]

I would love to see this happen, but I fear some team will give him an incentive laden deal that he'll be happy to sign as he will probably meet the incentives.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Seymour":yjef2b25 said:
Steve2222":yjef2b25 said:

Wow

Hell no! Sherman made that statement and it implies HE thinks Wilson isn't a great QB. Or it sure could imply that. This is Wilsons team, and those Sherm vs Wilson rumors last year may well be true and part of this.

I don’t get that impression at all from his comments. He’s even said the door hasn’t closed to sign back with the Seahawks.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":vwde9r7d said:
Folks on this message board have been saying that we ought to be emulating the Patriots for some time now. Well....today is the day that will be marked in the history of the Hawks.

Nah, Pats would have traded him last year and gotten a first for him. Also zero percent chance they re-sign Chancellor to that abomination of a contract that he's on. As far as emulating the Pats, this FO is a day late and a dollar short.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Seymour":1hkqu06t said:
kidhawk":1hkqu06t said:
Seymour":1hkqu06t said:
Steve2222":1hkqu06t said:

Wow

Beg to differ. Saying he wants to play with a great QB is implying he wants to play with a SB contender, as 9 times out of 10 you need a great QB to do such.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
kidhawk":2ayjnjab said:
Seymour":2ayjnjab said:
kidhawk":2ayjnjab said:
Seymour":2ayjnjab said:

He is obviously leaving here, so this team is likely not even on his radar at the moment, so Wilson isn't even a part of the equation. It's only a calculated statement if you want to believe it is.

Lots of players seek out teams with great qbs because those teams make the playoffs way more often. Free agents want the most money on the best teams. Sherman has already been paid, and his next check will likely be on a prove it type deal coming off the injury, so money is less a factor for him. That really only leaves the team choice. Free agents either want a specific region or a team that consistently is a contender. By asking for a team with a great qb, sherman is setting his bar for which teams he'll even talk to. Still has nothing to do with RW as we are the team he is leaving, not a team he is going to.

I'm not sure why I'm wasting my time explaining it though. It's quite obvious that fans will believe what they want to believe, truth be damned.

Except eliminating the other 90% of the teams costs him $$$.

Also, what I or anyone else believes has zero to do with if he thought and measured those words prior to making them. He either did or didn't.

Lastly. When people are making a change, often they look for a better situation then they left, so the wants could well be a list of what he would like to improve on.

That said, I said possible, and it's possible it is nothing also. But the Wilson's not held accountable complaints last year are well documented.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Sad day, any way you look at it.

Richard Sherman was the heart and soul of the Seahawks, the Legion Of Boom is officially done. The team will go on of course, but it won't be quite the same. He wasn't as great as he was a few years ago, but he still helped give the team its swagger and its character. There have been lots of great talent on this team over the past 7 years, but Sherman was just special. An era has ended.

THE TABS

Reaction score
Unfortunately, it had to happen. The injury changed everything.

I sure would like to bring him back for an incentive laden deal, but that’s pretty wishful thinking.

ROH and HOF in my book.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Seymour":60smuvhw said:
kidhawk":60smuvhw said:
Seymour":60smuvhw said:
kidhawk":60smuvhw said:

Also, what I or anyone else believes has zero to do with if he thought and measured those words prior to making them. He either did or didn't.

Lastly. When people are making a change, often they look for a better situation then they left, so the wants could well be a list of what he would like to improve on.

That said, I said possible, and it's possible it is nothing also. But the Wilson's not held accountable complaints last year are well documented.

believe as you want, I can't change your mind, but it is interesting that he has said that he is open to returning. I wonder if that means he believes RW is a great qb or if there's another way to twist that into RW isn't a great qb still

jeremiah

Reaction score
Hotchy":7aakp0gq said:
Any reactions from Earl ? I wonder if he even wants to be here now. He's only got a couple all pro years left and looking around at the secondary he'll be working with in 2018 is very disheartening for a competitor like Thomas is. I'm thinking he'll be asking for a trade here pretty soon.

When teams start to gut and rebuild, the HOFers should be kept. To me , Wagner and Thomas are the current players that fit that bill. All the others, including Wilson and Sherman, will just be remembered as really good Hawks.

Largent, Jones, Tez, Easley, Thomas, and Wagner can all be argued at being the best to play their positions.

You are off by a lot on Wilson, Sherman was great but what can you do when the guy is injured and won't take a cut in pay. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out lippy. You would never have made it anywhere else but here. Hell, you many not have even made a team if it wasn't for the Seahawks and Pete Carroll. BB wouldn't have allowed you the freedom to be flamboyant, and you would just be another liberal politician fighting for breathing space in Cali. Bye bye Richard, your positives were amazing, but loyalty goes both ways for those with a honest heart. Maybe you can join Marshawn (I want to get paid while fixing small injuries, then stiff the team that MADE ME) in Oakland.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
kidhawk":23d72l9r said:
Seymour":23d72l9r said:
kidhawk":23d72l9r said:
Seymour":23d72l9r said:

believe as you want, I can't change your mind, but it is interesting that he has said that he is open to returning. I wonder if that means he believes RW is a great qb or if there's another way to twist that into RW isn't a great qb still

I'll let it lie....I don't know one way or the other like everyone else. Leaving the door open is SOP and could be a CYA move too though. I would be very surprised if he did return personally.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Still looking for these quotes from Sherman on Wilson.

Outside of one instance of him yelling at him in a practice.. which Sherman did to alot of people

Rflagg

Reaction score
It had to happen with the cap situation the hawks were in, but that being said it is a very sad day as Sherman was an amazing player and seemingly an amazing man. It wouldn't shock me if the recovery goes well and he comes back here on a one year performance based/ prove he still has it deal I wish him well wherever he goes. :icon_new:

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
One of the all time seahawk greats. Sad sad day no sickening day. Thanks for the best memories. Turkey game, the tip, the rant. From dynasty to this just hurts. :pukeface:

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Is what it is . All things have an ending next man up!

Steve2222

Reaction score
Uncle Si":315o7ei2 said:
Still looking for these quotes from Sherman on Wilson.

Outside of one instance of him yelling at him in a practice.. which Sherman did to alot of people

Oh I firmly believe he had animosity towards Wilson and the offense in general after 49. However, there’s nothing there in his quote about playing with a great QB. If he said “looking to finally play with a great QB”, there would have definitely been fire there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts