UPDATE - Sherman Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Thanks for the memories, and the championship, Sherm! Loved your confidence, your tackling, and being in QBs heads so much. It was a glorious run!

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
bigskydoc":2sruakrg said:
Goodbye LOB.

With Kam and Browner gone there was no more boom anyway.

Maybe LOL for Legion of Lockdown could have worked for 2018?

Steve2222

Reaction score
Hotchy":3vaioj8u said:
Any reactions from Earl ? I wonder if he even wants to be here now. He's only got a couple all pro years left and looking around at the secondary he'll be working with in 2018 is very disheartening for a competitor like Thomas is. I'm thinking he'll be asking for a trade here pretty soon.

When teams start to gut and rebuild, the HOFers should be kept. To me , Wagner and Thomas are the current players that fit that bill. All the others, including Wilson and Sherman, will just be remembered as really good Hawks.

Largent, Jones, Tez, Easley, Thomas, and Wagner can all be argued at being the best to play their positions.

Pretty sure 100% of NFL fans will remember Russell Wilson more than Bobby Wagner

Also, Wilson’s path to the Hall of Fame is right on par with ET and Wagner. You realize it’s incredibly difficult for QBs to get All Pros? Wilson was a Top 3 candidate for MVP until the wheels completely fell off the team Week 14.

It amazes me how underappreciated Russell Wilson is amongst Seahawks fans.

And no, ET, Largent, and Wagner cannot be argued as all time best at their position. Lmao. What a dumb post

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Rat":190td8dk said:
Some team is going to be really happy to have him next season.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BradyHenderson/status/972186697956929537[/tweet]

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
bigskydoc":3c6px807 said:
Goodbye LOB.

Does the LOB moniker stay as long as there is still one remaining member? Or do we retire it to the Ring of Honor?

adeltaY

Reaction score
Steve2222":2rvq1hke said:
Hotchy":2rvq1hke said:
Any reactions from Earl ? I wonder if he even wants to be here now. He's only got a couple all pro years left and looking around at the secondary he'll be working with in 2018 is very disheartening for a competitor like Thomas is. I'm thinking he'll be asking for a trade here pretty soon.

When teams start to gut and rebuild, the HOFers should be kept. To me , Wagner and Thomas are the current players that fit that bill. All the others, including Wilson and Sherman, will just be remembered as really good Hawks.

Largent, Jones, Tez, Easley, Thomas, and Wagner can all be argued at being the best to play their positions.

Pretty sure 100% of NFL fans will remember Russell Wilson more than Bobby Wagner

Also, Wilson’s path to the Hall of Fame is right on par with ET and Wagner. You realize it’s incredibly difficult for QBs to get All Pros? Wilson was a Top 3 candidate for MVP until the wheels completely fell off the team Week 14.

And no, ET, Largent, and Wagner cannot be argued as all time best at their position. Lmao. What a dumb post

My lord how is Russ not on track for the HoF?

Steve2222

Reaction score
adeltaY":3q9en4kz said:
Steve2222":3q9en4kz said:
Hotchy":3q9en4kz said:

My lord how is Russ not on track for the HoF?

Right? Blows my mind how much he’s taken for granted.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
He said he wants to go somewhere with a great qb.

Thanks Sherman. It was a helluva ride.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":1c9top5k said:

Are you just stirring up crap here? Please show evidence of this, because if he said that it would undoubtedly close the door to him returning to Seattle. :141847_bnono:

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Folks on this message board have been saying that we ought to be emulating the Patriots for some time now. Well....today is the day that will be marked in the history of the Hawks.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Seymour":ejm74b6o said:
Shanegotyou11":ejm74b6o said:

Are you just stirring up crap here? Please show evidence of this, because if he said that it would undoubtedly close the door to him returning to Seattle. :141847_bnono:

My apologies....looks like he did say that.

What kind of a statement was that Sherm?? :shock: :roll: :shock:

What are the priorities as he makes his decision? The four-time All Pro told NFL Network's Tom Pelissero that he's looking for the right fit on a team with a "great quarterback," a place in which he will be "comfortable."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...back-richard-shermans-potential-landing-spots

Steve2222

Reaction score
So now you guys are implying Wilson isn’t a great QB?

Wow

brimsalabim

Reaction score
So we couldn’t trade him because no one else wanted to pay his salary? After releasing him can we sign him again at a more reasonable rate but a little over what the market might pay?

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Steve2222":10d6levc said:

Wow

Hell no! Sherman made that statement and it implies HE thinks Wilson isn't a great QB. Or it sure could imply that. This is Wilsons team, and those Sherm vs Wilson rumors last year may well be true and part of this.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Seymour":m4txjfr5 said:
Steve2222":m4txjfr5 said:

Wow

Hell no! Sherman made that statement and it implies HE thinks Wilson isn't a great QB. Or it sure could imply that. This is Wilsons team, and those Sherm vs Wilson rumors may well be true and part of this.

Sherman didn't leave of his own choice saying he'd rather be on a team with a great QB. Assuming he said it at all, he very well is likely saying that the next team he plays on he wants them to have a great qb. This increases playoff potential, so it's what most free agents would like. It's only fans who want to stir the pot who are trying to make it something it's most definitely not

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
kidhawk":1kj57x1y said:
Seymour":1kj57x1y said:
Steve2222":1kj57x1y said:

Wow

Hell no! Sherman made that statement and it implies HE thinks Wilson isn't a great QB. Or it sure could imply that. This is Wilsons team, and those Sherm vs Wilson rumors may well be true and part of this.

Sherman didn't leave of his own choice saying he'd rather be on a team with a great QB. Assuming he said it at all, he very well is likely saying that the next team he plays on he wants them to have a great qb. This increases playoff potential, so it's what most free agents would like. It's only fans who want to stir the pot who are trying to make it something it's most definitely not

Disagree. When have you ever heard a FA make a comment like that besides possibly a WR? That was a calculated statement IMO.

Chapow

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":12eu7xtv said:
Rat":12eu7xtv said:
Some team is going to be really happy to have him next season.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BradyHenderson/status/972186697956929537[/tweet]

I'm happy to hear this and I hope it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.