UPDATE: Seahawks traded for Percy Harvin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treefiddy

Reaction score
No way do we find Percy Harvin type of talent at pick #25. Love it

redhawk253

Reaction score
its pending a contract negotiation and passing his physical...

you guys do realize this likely spells the end for tate (who is a poor mans harvin) and leon washington... i dont think i like it but i will wait til i see the actual contract numbers and whether we get a 2nd rounder back in the trade or what...

really woulda much rather went after wallace who woulda complimented our receiving core instead of getting percy who makes tate (one of our best up and comers who was huge for us last year.. and he is best friends with russell wilson.. them and their wives hang out all the time..) plus it means we are likely gona grab an aging vet to use as a bandaid on the d line...... really liked the projection of bjorn woerner slipping to us at 25... he's gona be a poor mans jj watt.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Came out against the idea when discussed a month or so ago. Mostly for the cap implications vs value of our current WR corp and the draft. This is an all in type move.

As always, i trust the FO when it comes down to it. Hope i eat crow for it.

HawkFanNC

Reaction score
Love this move. You can do so much with Harvin on the O side of the ball. Watching him line up in the backfield is going to be fantastic - one more thing for opposing Ds to crap their pants over.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
I'll let the FO guys worry about the contract and the structuring of it. I'm just happy we brought in a big time playmaker. This offense is a miss-match nightmare for defenses. Can't wait for the season to start!

mjwhitay

Reaction score
My goodness, I love this deal! Wow. Percy Harvin is an elite talent in this league. Matching him with a talent like Wilson is a scary proposition for opposing defenses. I'd trade the 25th pick in the draft 100 times out of 100 times to acquire a one of a kind player like Percy Harvin.

Russell
Beast Mode
Percy
Rice
Tate
Miller
Insert pass catching TE here

Good luck, NFL.

I think we'll hear more about running up the score this year. What a fun time to be a Seahawks fan. I HEART Schneider and Carroll. HEART them.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Got to think this spells the end for Obomanu at the very least. Washington, possibly. Flynn's position just got more tenuous, too, as the team will be looking to maximize cap room to accommodate Harvin plus the upcoming extensions we're going to be handing out to guys like Sherman, Wilson, Thomas, Okung, etc. in the next couple of years.

Could also see asking Miller and Rice to restructure.

Throwdown

Reaction score
SeahawksRawk":1ii3kcda said:
I think it may be for to much, Love the fact we are trying to get this guy.

But is it worth that much?

Easily worth it, are you going to find someone with this much talent at their given position like Harvin? I don't think so, its BEAUTIFUL!

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I like it. A playmaker is priceless and if you have or find one you keep them. I see Rice, Tate Harvin in the slot I assume?

The Outfield

Reaction score
volsunghawk":3rtt5nda said:
Got to think this spells the end for Obomanu at the very least. Washington, possibly. Flynn's position just got more tenuous, too, as the team will be looking to maximize cap room to accommodate Harvin plus the upcoming extensions we're going to be handing out to guys like Sherman, Wilson, Thomas, Okung, etc. in the next couple of years.

Could also see asking Miller and Rice to restructure.

I'm thinking the same, though not sure about Miller and Rice restructuring.

mikeak

Reaction score
1st round pick for Percy - ok
7th round - we got that for Tarvaris who we would have cut so - ok
4th round conditional - absolutely ok if conditions are right. Dude stays injury free and plays great then I am ok with that price. Dude doesn't play no 4th round pick..........

I still wished the trade was 1st round pick AND Flynn. would have made sense for both

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Experience in option offense? Check.
Knows the offense from time with Bevell? Check.
Young? Check.
Makes the Hawks better immediately? Check.
Playmaker? Check.
Kick returner? Check.

So far, so good. The first day of the draft is going to be boring, though.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Tweeted by Jason LaCanfora about 30 minutes ago...

For my money, Seattle GM John Schneider has been best in the biz the past 3 yrs - bold and aggressive and had reaped great value in deals

Status
Not open for further replies.