UPDATE: Seahawks traded for Percy Harvin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Man that would be crazy. I am all for getting a talent like Harvin but I would not pay him $10 mil plus per year I don't think, and I have heard that is what he is after. He is probably worth a first rounder though...but I'll bet they give up a lesser pick and a player

drdiags

Reaction score
Guess we are Vikings West, just like Detroit was Seattle Midwest. Sort of like when Ruskell came aboard and we were Tampa NW.

Guess Kippy will have to get his boxing gloves ready.

JonRud

Reaction score
HOLY SH*T THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!! I AM SO JACKED UP!!!!!!!

drdiags

Reaction score
1st round, 7th round 2013 and mid-round pick next year. Leon now is expendable. Tate/Baldwin are now lower priority for future contracts, though Baldwin has value going forward. Tate as well, but he isn't going to be a priority to sign after his contract is up.

There are some risks but the upside is so great the team had to take a chance. Unlike the D Branch deal, I am on-board with trading a 1st round pick (though greed has me wanting it to be less).

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
WOW, so stoked to add a legit weapon for Russell! How happy is he right now?

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
I suspected Austin was our #1 target in the draft. This kind of cements that for me - they probably realized they wouldn't be able to get him at #25 so they went after Harvin.

thehands816

Reaction score
Sorry if it's been posted already...site seems to be having difficulty....probably overloaded with traffic!

Compensation for Harvin will be this year's 1st and 7th and a mid rounder next year.

Per Jay Glazer on Twitter

https://twitter.com/JayGlazer

Rat

Reaction score
This is SOOOOOOOOOO freaking awesome!

We just traded for one of the elite playmakers in the game! Plus, Harvin is only 24. He's six months and one day older than Russell Wilson.

This offense is downright scary now. You have to account for a top-notch running back, you have to account for Russell's legs and throwing ability, and now you have to account for one of the best playmakers in the NFL. How do you defend against that?

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Hmm. I don't think that I like this move very much. I guess that John Schneider doesn't much like the WR talent in the draft. That definitely means that teams will have to pay a premium in the trade/FA market this year. I would have rather taken a run at Danario Alexander myself.

I do think Harvin is worth the 25th pick in the draft, but his injury history scares me. He also isn't worth 10M a year, so let's hope that the contract is mega-backloaded so that we can dump him when he turns 27 and loses his speed.

kidhawk

Reaction score
HUGE deal on our part, but I like it. Adds a much needed WR and gives us an extra option in the return game, and we give up what is a late first round pick and a 7th this year, and a mid round pick next year. I think if he can pass the physical, this is a really good deal for us.

Once Harvin passes a physical, Minnesota will receive Seattle's first-round (No. 25 overall) and seventh-round selections in 2013, along with a mid-round pick in 2014.

[urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000149327/article/vikings-agree-to-trade-percy-harvin-to-seahawks[/urltargetblank]

mikeak

Reaction score
I wish we made Flynn part of this deal

Rumor is 1st, 4th and even 6th on some twitter feeds will see what it is but that is a lot

Throwdown

Reaction score
I wonder how many CB's the 49ers are gonna draft with their 2432 draft picks, gonna need 'em.

Rat

Reaction score
This is SOOOOOOOOOO freaking awesome!

We just traded for one of the elite playmakers in the game! Plus, Harvin is only 24. He's six months and one day older than Russell Wilson.

This offense is downright scary now. You have to account for a top-notch running back, you have to account for Russell's legs and throwing ability, and now you have to account for one of the best playmakers in the NFL. How do you defend against that?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Apparently its for our 1st and 7th this year, and a mid round next year.

Love it love it LOVE IT!!! Exactly what Russell Wilson and this offense needed to make it absolutely lethal.

Russell Wilson is probably already texting him with suggestions and game planning.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
As Kenneth Arthur from Field Gulls says:

"If Percy Harvin were in the draft, there's no way he gets out of the top 5. Even with a new deal."

This is awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.