UPDATE: Seahawks traded for Percy Harvin

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Didn't someone on here say they wanted to bring in a young WR that had the same work ethic as Russell Wilson to grow with him? How does Percy Harvin fit into that thought?

redhawk253

Reaction score
mjwhitay":1t1hkqsk said:
My goodness, I love this deal! Wow. Percy Harvin is an elite talent in this league. Matching him with a talent like Wilson is a scary proposition for opposing defenses. I'd trade the 25th pick in the draft 100 times out of 100 times to acquire a one of a kind player like Percy Harvin.

Russell
Beast Mode
Percy
Rice
Tate
Miller
Insert pass catching TE here

Good luck, NFL.

sorry but tate is as good as gone.. him and percy are redundant.. baldwin is better suited at the slot spot and cheaper.
I think we'll hear more about running up the score this year. What a fun time to be a Seahawks fan. I HEART Schneider and Carroll. HEART them.

Throwdown

Reaction score
[youtube]UnboSsGWf1Q[/youtube]

Imagine this guy running wide open when Wilson draws defenders up when scrambling, LORD JESUS!

We're droppin 40 burgers on EVERYONE

Axx

Reaction score
Somewhere out there, Harbaugh is having a temper tantrum.....
ku-xlarge.gif

kidhawk

Reaction score
redhawk253":26qo1rpn said:
its pending a contract negotiation and passing his physical...

you guys do realize this likely spells the end for tate (who is a poor mans harvin) and leon washington... i dont think i like it but i will wait til i see the actual contract numbers and whether we get a 2nd rounder back in the trade or what...

really woulda much rather went after wallace who woulda complimented our receiving core instead of getting percy who makes tate (one of our best up and comers who was huge for us last year.. and he is best friends with russell wilson.. them and their wives hang out all the time..) plus it means we are likely gona grab an aging vet to use as a bandaid on the d line...... really liked the projection of bjorn woerner slipping to us at 25... he's gona be a poor mans jj watt.

Tate isn't going anywhere, unless he flounders in Training camp. We'll have Tate and Rice on the outside and Harvin in the slot (my guess anyway). This moves everyone down a notch in the depth chart though, and you can pretty much bet the farm that Obamanu is as good as gone unless he restructures for a minimal contract (basically allowing him to compete for the final slot).

HawksSoc

Reaction score
*Uses one hand to change pants, and the other to swat away niggling worries of future cap situation*

Go Hawks and go Harvin! I think?

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Tate aint going anywhere. Harvin is another WR that cant stay healthy.

redhawk253

Reaction score
Happypuppy":jv7r5u9k said:
I like it. A playmaker is priceless and if you have or find one you keep them. I see Rice, Tate Harvin in the slot I assume?

nah tates as good as gone.. baldwin is better suited to the slot.. tate and harvin would be redundant.. harvin will line up in the slot at times as well im sure.. tate is a poor man's harvin he will be gone eventually...

sc85sis

Reaction score
I don't see this as meaning an end to Tate. Harvin is a situational guy who Pete and Bevell will likely want to use in multiple ways all over the field. Get him in space, and it's all over for the opposing defense. Tate will still likely be the number two, full time receiver.

This could be goodbye to Leon though.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
DJrmb":2mwu7zll said:
Didn't someone on here say they wanted to bring in a young WR that had the same work ethic as Russell Wilson to grow with him? How does Percy Harvin fit into that thought?

I think he got his money and will be happy. It is his #1 choice location , he knows the OC and Rice as well

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
redhawk253":3ibabdii said:
Happypuppy":3ibabdii said:
I like it. A playmaker is priceless and if you have or find one you keep them. I see Rice, Tate Harvin in the slot I assume?

nah tates as good as gone.. baldwin is better suited to the slot.. tate and harvin would be redundant.. harvin will line up in the slot at times as well im sure.. tate is a poor man's harvin he will be gone eventually...
You're right, we only need 2 WRs plus Baldwin :sarcasm_off:

FargoHawk

Reaction score
redhawk253":2qa0akfu said:
Happypuppy":2qa0akfu said:

Harvin played primarily in the slot. Tate is fine!

DJrmb

Reaction score
Tate is an outside WR. Percy plays more out of the slot. If anyone is gone it's Baldwin.

Now we have:
Percy Harvin - The most broken tackles in the league for WR and the 5th most YAC!

redhawk253

Reaction score
kidhawk":3emyvp0d said:
redhawk253":3emyvp0d said:
its pending a contract negotiation and passing his physical...

you guys do realize this likely spells the end for tate (who is a poor mans harvin) and leon washington... i dont think i like it but i will wait til i see the actual contract numbers and whether we get a 2nd rounder back in the trade or what...

really woulda much rather went after wallace who woulda complimented our receiving core instead of getting percy who makes tate (one of our best up and comers who was huge for us last year.. and he is best friends with russell wilson.. them and their wives hang out all the time..) plus it means we are likely gona grab an aging vet to use as a bandaid on the d line...... really liked the projection of bjorn woerner slipping to us at 25... he's gona be a poor mans jj watt.

Tate isn't going anywhere, unless he flounders in Training camp. We'll have Tate and Rice on the outside and Harvin in the slot (my guess anyway). This moves everyone down a notch in the depth chart though, and you can pretty much bet the farm that Obamanu is as good as gone unless he restructures for a minimal contract (basically allowing him to compete for the final slot).

no way.. tate and harvin are redundant... most of the time harvin will be lining up on the outside along with rice.. baldwin is better suited for the slot position.. im sure harvin will line up there at times.. but tate is absolutely a poor mans harvin... we wont be able to pay him when his contract comes up they will attempt to get some value out of him before he just ends up leaving for free agency..

grizbob

Reaction score
Weird, had a ninner fan giving me crap this morning about how the ninners were going to get Harvin and how that would make them unstoppable on offense, if only I was psychic instead of psycho :roll:

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
redhawk253":3pqnnw8n said:
no way.. tate and harvin are redundant... most of the time harvin will be lining up on the outside along with rice.. baldwin is better suited for the slot position.. im sure harvin will line up there at times.. but tate is absolutely a poor mans harvin... we wont be able to pay him when his contract comes up they will attempt to get some value out of him before he just ends up leaving for free agency..
Can I make a suggestion? How about you not respond to everyone's posts with the exact response? It's kind of annoying

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":fd75ijfj said:
Tate aint going anywhere. Harvin is another WR that cant stay healthy.

He missed 1 game his rookie season.

He missed 2 games his 2nd season.

Didn't miss a game in 2011.

An ankle injury (plus some friction with the HC, reportedly) landed him on IR last year.

So prior to 2012, he had played in 45 of a possible 48 games.

redhawk253

Reaction score
harvin lines up everywhere.. go back and see how bevell used him in minny.. he lines up on the outside a lot and he has speed.. so they are gona use him on the edge to try and take the top off... why do you think tate sounds so pissed off in the quote that was instantly taken from him after the trade was announced.. even tate knows the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.