UPDATE: Seahawks traded for Percy Harvin

Status
Not open for further replies.

redhawk253

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":zpksyofm said:
redhawk253":zpksyofm said:
no way.. tate and harvin are redundant... most of the time harvin will be lining up on the outside along with rice.. baldwin is better suited for the slot position.. im sure harvin will line up there at times.. but tate is absolutely a poor mans harvin... we wont be able to pay him when his contract comes up they will attempt to get some value out of him before he just ends up leaving for free agency..
Can I make a suggestion? How about you not respond to everyone's posts with the exact response? It's kind of annoying

how about you dont tell me what to do on the forums.. its kinda annoying.. i can hold multiple conversations with multiple people.. people like to be addressed specifically and not generally most of the time... so if you dont like it.. dont read my posts. giddeeeyaup

mikeak

Reaction score
sc85sis":3mmo4uey said:
I don't see this as meaning an end to Tate. Harvin is a situational guy who Pete and Bevell will likely want to use in multiple ways all over the field. Get him in space, and it's all over for the opposing defense. Tate will still likely be the number two, full time receiver.

This could be goodbye to Leon though.

You don't spend first, seventh and conditional fourth for a situational guy. He will be a #1 receiver lined up on most offensive possessions

mech.romance

Reaction score
I'm so on the fence about this. I hope this doesn't come back to bite us =(

Thunderhawk

Reaction score
Deion Branch Trade 2.0

The similarities between the two acquisitions are eerie.

1) Production - has not produced like a true #1 WR. Look at the stats.
2) Injury Risk
3) Malcontent
4) Size - below average. Hawks needed to get bigger at WR.
5) Salary - wants #1 WR money even though he has not earned it.

Other than #3 this looks like the Branch trade all over again. We got fleeced on this deal. If Harvin is worth a first rounder plus change then Megatron is worth 5 first rounders plus 25 million a year.

Meanwhile, Reggie Bush was available for free, would cost less and is basically Harvin-lite. Utterly bizarre trade.

razgriz737

Reaction score
My reaction:
seinfelddance.gif

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
And Tate/Bladwin are still on their rookie deals correct? They're safe.

Nothing wrong with having 4 WR's.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Thunderhawk":1io8o5iu said:
Deion Branch Trade 2.0

2) Injury Risk
3) Malcontent

Other than #3 this looks like the Branch trade all over again. We got fleeced on this deal. If Harvin is worth a first rounder plus change then Megatron is worth 5 first rounders plus 25 million a year.

Meanwhile, Reggie Bush was available for free, would cost less and is basically Harvin-lite. Utterly bizarre trade.
:34853_doh:

redhawk253

Reaction score
mikeak":jhc2tap7 said:
sc85sis":jhc2tap7 said:
I don't see this as meaning an end to Tate. Harvin is a situational guy who Pete and Bevell will likely want to use in multiple ways all over the field. Get him in space, and it's all over for the opposing defense. Tate will still likely be the number two, full time receiver.

This could be goodbye to Leon though.

You don't spend first, seventh and conditional fourth for a situational guy. He will be a #1 receiver lined up on most offensive possessions

yup.. there ya go.. someone with some sense.. with what we are giving up for him and have to assume we're paying him... its plain as day.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Thunderhawk":3swvsg0t said:
Deion Branch Trade 2.0

2) Injury Risk
3) Malcontent

And the cheese stands alone.

You're the cheese. Stinky cheese.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Thunderhawk":zcejs792 said:
Deion Branch Trade 2.0

2) Injury Risk
3) Malcontent

Harvin is about as similar to Deion Branch as I am.

mjwhitay

Reaction score
volsunghawk":2up6tyee said:
Chukarhawk":2up6tyee said:
Tate aint going anywhere. Harvin is another WR that cant stay healthy.

He missed 1 game his rookie season.

He missed 2 games his 2nd season.

Didn't miss a game in 2011.

An ankle injury (plus some friction with the HC, reportedly) landed him on IR last year.

So prior to 2012, he had played in 45 of a possible 48 games.

Beat me to it. His migraines are a thing of the past also. Football players get injured. Ryan Mathews is an example of a guy that can't stay healthy. Percy Harvin sprained his ankle last year. Big whoop.

If you don't trust Pete and John by now, knowing what they know about this team, it's youth and it's window, then you shouldn't even bother being a fan, honestly. It will never be better to be a Hawks fan than it is right now.

BAllenHawk

Reaction score
redhawk253":1ae52fi5 said:
Happypuppy":1ae52fi5 said:
I like it. A playmaker is priceless and if you have or find one you keep them. I see Rice, Tate Harvin in the slot I assume?

nah tates as good as gone.. baldwin is better suited to the slot.. tate and harvin would be redundant.. harvin will line up in the slot at times as well im sure.. tate is a poor man's harvin he will be gone eventually...

I don't understand this thought process at all... Green Bay has some "redundant" receivers, doesn't seem to be a problem there. Weapons are weapons. You see redundancy, I see versatility. We want our O line, linebackers and d lineman versatile, but receivers have to be slotted. You have to a slot guy, split end and flanker. Tate played outside and can play the slot, Harvin can do the same, even Sidney Rice played a little slot. There is a spot for Baldwin. Having too many weapons is a good problem.

Greenhell

Reaction score
Sign M. Bennett or P. Kruger on D and color me estatic.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
BAllenHawk":37m0ughp said:
redhawk253":37m0ughp said:
Happypuppy":37m0ughp said:
I like it. A playmaker is priceless and if you have or find one you keep them. I see Rice, Tate Harvin in the slot I assume?

nah tates as good as gone.. baldwin is better suited to the slot.. tate and harvin would be redundant.. harvin will line up in the slot at times as well im sure.. tate is a poor man's harvin he will be gone eventually...

I don't understand this thought process at all... Green Bay has some "redundant" receivers, doesn't seem to be a problem there. Weapons are weapons. You see redundancy, I see versatility. We want our O line, linebackers and d lineman versatile, but receivers have to be slotted. You have to a slot guy, split end and flanker. Tate played outside and can play the slot, Harvin can do the same, even Sidney Rice played a little slot. There is a spot for Baldwin. Having too many weapons is a good problem.
Because apparently we are only allowed to have 2 starting WRs and 1 slot WR...

skater18000

Reaction score
Strongly disagree with all the tate-hate... still think he's the best receiver on the team even with harvin

Scottemojo

Reaction score
BAllenHawk":1d2bx4aa said:
redhawk253":1d2bx4aa said:
Happypuppy":1d2bx4aa said:

Redhawk doesn't seem to realize that we expect all of our WRs to be able to play every position.

mikeak

Reaction score
Thunderhawk":oymhhjiv said:
Deion Branch Trade 2.0

2) Injury Risk
3) Malcontent

1) I think PC may know who Reggie Bush is. I am pretty sure he beats ALL of us at determining Reggie Bush's value.....
2) While we may get a guy that sticks in the 7th round I don't see that as a real cost. That is just change doesn't matter. The 4th rounder is conditional so would mean we play him most of next year for sure so while he doesn't have to be great probably ok is enough to spend that. If he produces definately worth it
3) You can't just look at numbers. Go look at Ponder playing. At one point I saw some writers wanting Ponder to have two of the worst EVER passes in 2012 alone. He is not a good qb and Minnesota has not had a good qb for the duration of Percy's time on that team.

General Manager

Reaction score
So we gave up a first round pick for Harviin, is it this years 25th it probably is but i haven't heard for sure yet. It was a first round pick though says JC.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
volsunghawk":2hj2vphl said:
Got to think this spells the end for Obomanu at the very least. Washington, possibly. Flynn's position just got more tenuous, too, as the team will be looking to maximize cap room to accommodate Harvin plus the upcoming extensions we're going to be handing out to guys like Sherman, Wilson, Thomas, Okung, etc. in the next couple of years.

Could also see asking Miller and Rice to restructure.
True dat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts