This team loses way too often due to coaching mistakes

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
seedhawk":32essl0s said:
We actually lose 2 to 3 times the number of games due to pure plain ass poor coaching then we do to coaching mistakes.

......and we won 10 times due to excellent preparation, schemes, playcalling and execution, i.e. "coaching."

See how that works. Win, you prepared and executed well. Lose, you didn't. That's how you distinguish good coaches from bad, they win more then they lose.

mrt144

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":16z1z1xk said:
seedhawk":16z1z1xk said:
We actually lose 2 to 3 times the number of games due to pure plain ass poor coaching then we do to coaching mistakes.

......and we won 10 times due to excellent preparation, schemes, playcalling and execution, i.e. "coaching."

See how that works. Win, you prepared and executed well. Lose, you didn't. That's how you distinguish good coaches from bad, they win more then they lose.

You mean they prepare to unleash RW Magic, then they choose not to?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
mrt144":vvuz8qvb said:
Sgt. Largent":vvuz8qvb said:
seedhawk":vvuz8qvb said:

I didn't know Russell possessed a never can lose as long as we unleash this magic. You should write Pete an email to let him know, he might not be aware of this magic.

Does the magic go away if you use it too much, cause that's important for Pete to know. So be very specific in EXACTLY how much to use and when to use it. Seeing as he's an idiot and we have no idea how he made it this far in coaching, what with all his success, national championships, SB's and getting his teams in the playoffs all the time.

He's lucky to have you guys, really. Hopefully he's a member so he can soak up all this incredible football insight.

mrt144

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":27bk0okx said:
mrt144":27bk0okx said:
Sgt. Largent":27bk0okx said:
seedhawk":27bk0okx said:

I didn't know Russell possessed a never can lose as long as we unleash this magic. You should write Pete an email to let him know, he might not be aware of this magic.

Does the magic go away if you use it too much, cause that's important for Pete to know. So be very specific in EXACTLY how much to use and when to use it. Seeing as he's an idiot and we have no idea how he made it this far in coaching, what with all his success, national championships, SB's and getting his teams in the playoffs all the time.

He's lucky to have you guys, really. Hopefully he's a member so he can soak up all this incredible football insight.

Pete wouldn't do an actionable thing about a valid criticism so I'm not too worried about him dealing with our various humorous red herrings and buffoonish suggestions. ;)

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
It's true - the calls in the Dallas game were Pete's fault. We never should have been in that game. We are in a rebuilding year - we lost 7 pro-bowlers. We should have finished with between 4 and 6 wins and we should never have been anywhere near the playoffs.

The fact that we went 10-6 and made the playoffs is ENTIRELY Pete Carroll's fault, and he should be held accountable.

mrt144

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":2c5gt1yi said:
It's true - the calls in the Dallas game were Pete's fault. We never should have been in that game. We are in a rebuilding year - we lost 7 pro-bowlers. We should have finished with between 4 and 6 wins and we should never have been anywhere near the playoffs.

The fact that we went 10-6 and made the playoffs is ENTIRELY Pete Carroll's fault, and he should be held accountable.

He did just get an extension, are you saying we double it? Maybe even involve a Necormancer in case of death?

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
mrt144":357oweb3 said:
KiwiHawk":357oweb3 said:

He did just get an extension, are you saying we double it? Maybe even involve a Necormancer in case of death?
I'm saying we stop to appreciate what we have while we have it. This is the golden age of Seahawks football. Remember when we had the longest playoff drought in NFL history? I do.

mrt144

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":141u0ffl said:
mrt144":141u0ffl said:
KiwiHawk":141u0ffl said:

I'm saying we stop to appreciate what we have while we have it. This is the golden age of Seahawks football. Remember when we had the longest playoff drought in NFL history? I do.

I appreciate PC by watching him coach the Hawks?

Jville

Reaction score
This team wins way too often to validate the narratives of it's detractors and critics.

mrt144

Reaction score
Jville":2lgzjy1u said:
This team wins way too often to validate the narratives of it's detractors and critics.

Does this work on spouses?

"I win too much at being a husband to validate your criticism of me as a husband"

Jville

Reaction score
mrt144":3ogqv7rq said:
Jville":3ogqv7rq said:

"I win too much at being a husband to validate your criticism of me as a husband"

I merely posted an obvious observation and opinion.

I have no idea as to what issues you may be struggling with. But, good luck with whatever they are.

mrt144

Reaction score
Jville":2ycg8ghh said:
mrt144":2ycg8ghh said:
Jville":2ycg8ghh said:

I merely posted an obvious observation and opinion.

I have no idea as to what issues you may be struggling with. But, good luck with whatever they are.

Im just preparing for the season when I dont go 19 and oh baby ;)

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Carroll will win games, sure, but he'll also lose games you think they should have won.

The same can be said about any other coach.

Can't win them all even when you think you should.

Other teams players and coaches are talented and paid as well.

That's why I'm all for players getting paid when they can.

They're not always going to win.

Get your money when you can.

It is what it is.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":9hnmafvb said:
mrt144":9hnmafvb said:
Sgt. Largent":9hnmafvb said:
seedhawk":9hnmafvb said:

Yep, JohnnyFever, Domehawk & a few others are not impressed, as they KNOW more about Pete's Teams & players, than he does.
It's just plain flabbergasting to me that silly Pete hasn't asked some of them for help, what with all their expertise on the in's & out's of Pro Football.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
scutterhawk":kiqpij2e said:
Sgt. Largent":kiqpij2e said:
mrt144":kiqpij2e said:
Sgt. Largent":kiqpij2e said:

Yep, JohnnyFever, Domehawk & a few others are not impressed, as they KNOW more about Pete's Teams & players, than he does.
It's just plain flabbergasting to me that silly Pete hasn't asked some of them for help, what with all their expertise on the in's & out's of Pro Football.
Lol. True story.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
scutterhawk":dnelbwpz said:
At the very least he needs someone in charge of spouting statistics about other teams to him.

MarylandHawk

Reaction score
Jville":3egmy8lj said:

Snivelry at it's finest. This team, the most successful NFC team of the decade, should be content with Wild Card round exits now? Would New England be? And I can't name any of their WR's, RB's or defensive players so don't give me that "it was supposed to be a rebuilding year crap." Great coaches win in the first round. Period.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
:roll: This is the FIRST TIME that Pete has ever lost a 1st round playoff game as the Hawks coach. As in IT HAS NEVER HAPPENED until this year. Geezus. So now Pete isn't a great coach? Hilarious. He's only a borderline Hall of Fame NFL Coach at this point :?
Shoot, the last time they were one done overall was the 2004 playoffs (with Holmgren). This team has been damn good for quite some time.

chris98251

Reaction score
MarylandHawk":j96xlg21 said:
Jville":j96xlg21 said:

Snivelry at it's finest. This team, the most successful NFC team of the decade, should be content with Wild Card round exits now? Would New England be? And I can't name any of their WR's, RB's or defensive players so don't give me that "it was supposed to be a rebuilding year crap." Great coaches win in the first round. Period.

Extremist perspective, rebuilding year, gracious to get here with what we had to develop this season, bonus experience for the young guys, with a year of another draft and red shirting a bunch of guys we should have a lot more depth to take on challenges that faced us when we went into the playoffs.

Latest posts