Let's Get This One Thing Straight…

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Look, pittpnthrs is on record & has actually posted that he wants Pete gone & does not care whether the change works & we have to endure a series of 4-12 seasons as a result.

He's just ready for a change & wants to see if he's right that it's Pete that's holding us back.

You'd think he'd change his tune slightly after seeing RW floundering in a different situation & Pete's confidence with & work with a supposed "terrible" QB but here we are.

In his mind Pete still has no idea what he's looking at when it comes to football & will continue to hold us back as he changes the definition of "Peteball" to suit his narrative.

You guys should realize that I posted this a day & a half ago & pitt has posted in this thread since then & has not denied he has posted this ridiculous line of thinking.

This is who you're all wasting your time responding to. He has 1 agenda & 1 agenda only no matter what.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Sorry, I dont understand this line of thinking. Seattle had consistent playoff appearances from 2015 on, but everybody knew they were never going to go anywhere once they were in, so what was the point?

Oh dont tell me you were one of those that held out hope and lived by the motto that anything can happen once in the playoffs. I see where our opinions differ now.

Maybe if we'd had a better QB we could have advanced further once the LOB started to weaken and fall away

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SO you are still under the impression that Russell carried Pete despite all the recent evidence to the contrary?
What Super Bowl winning team did NOT have a bunch of talent???
If you would pick any coach over Pete then I really hope you don’t do any hiring at your job. You obviously can’t recognize or give credit to talent.
Pete is and will be a Hall of Fame coach.

Recent is the key word. Yes, Wilson has regressed the past couple seasons. And yes, before his regression, he carried Pete Carroll.

Plenty of teams have won the Super Bowl that werent loaded at every side. The 2013 Seahawks were absolutely loaded.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
Or his sub .500 record without Russell Wilson
it takes a decent qb, regardless of defense, to get/stay above that .500 mark. look at denver right now. they're 3-9 w/ your beloved russell wilson. and that's WITH the #1 scoring defense in the league. denver's offense? last in scoring offense. food for thought.

pete carroll did everything he could in his power to make rw3 successful on the field, because it also benefitted the team.

geno isn't elite but he is an above average starting qb, and look at the success we are having despite a pitiful defense.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Russ is 3-9 without Pete

Goes to show how awesome PC really is
And how messed up PittyPanther & Fade are by hanging onto the Pete Hatred like they've done.
I like the hell out of Russell Wilson, I really, really do BUT, Wilson is RESPONSIBLE for his OWN pitfalls, NOT PETE CARROLL, and certainly not on Nathanial Hackett, but Hackett is going to pay through the nose for Wilsons' screwups........PERIOD!!

morgulon1

Reaction score
Maybe if we'd had a better QB we could have advanced further once the LOB started to weaken and fall away
That's what Pete appears to have banked on. #3 taking charge . Pete gave him every chance imho.
After several offensive coordinators and early playoff exits , once dangerwich started talking smack and regressing as a player and his weird, geeky ways PC had to run him.

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
Or his sub .500 record without Russell Wilson
I just keep waiting for you to come up with some reason why you think its Petes fault Russ sucks in Denver. Its all Petes fault that the broncos suck there for the Seahawks should fire Pete!

Rainger

Reaction score
HaHAHA you guys don't get the hidden bottom line.

Pittpnthrs is still trying to cover for the cheat by the NFL to steal the SB from Seattle so that Pittsburgh could win a SB they didn't deserve, so Bettis could retire a winner in his home city, so Cowher could finally get a SB on retirement he didn't deserve.

Pitt cant stand that Pete's numbers and coaching will be 1000% better than Cowhers. I haven't looked but did USC beat the university of Pittsburgh really badly some time in Pete's tenure?? But Pitt has a real hate on for Pete! Nothing will ever change that.

I gave up on logic from pittpnthrs many many posts ago.

PS not including last year when RW was out and was a big problem of the losses. Delete last year and Pete is 54 and 54 wins and losses in his career in the NFL.

Remember he took over a broken team in the first two years at Seattle. If Pete had dumped RW last year and went with Geno for the entire year I doubt they would have gone 7 and 10 so I can argue Pete is not sub .500 without RW.

Pete made RW, RW did not make Pete.

Last edited:

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
HaHAHA you guys don't get the hidden bottom line.

Pittpnthrs is still trying to cover for the cheat by the NFL to steal the SB from Seattle so that Pittsburgh could win a SB they didn't deserve, so Bettis could retire a winner in his home city, so Cowher could finally get a SB on retirement he didn't deserve.

Pitt cant stand that Pete's numbers and coaching will be 1000% better than Cowhers. I haven't looked but did USC beat the university of Pittsburgh really badly some time in Pete's tenure?? But Pitt has a real hate on for Pete! Nothing will ever change that.

I gave up on logic from pittpnthrs many many posts ago.

PS not including last year when RW was out and was a big problem of the losses. Delete last year and Pete is 54 and 54 wins and losses in his career in the NFL.

Remember he took over a broken team in the first two years at Seattle. If Pete had dumped RW last year and went with Geno for the entire year I doubt they would have gone 7 and 10 so I can argue Pete is not sub .500 without RW.

Pete made RW, RW did not make Pete.
If they would have stayed with Geno they would have made the play offs.

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
I dunno, Jeff

I know... Pete Carroll is Pete Carroll And if Russell wasnt there he would have found someone else to lead this team to the same or better record because its Pete Carroll that makes this team what it is. And that is a FACT that was PROVEN quite significantly this year.

massari

Reaction score
I know... Pete Carroll is Pete Carroll And if Russell wasnt there he would have found someone else to lead this team to the same or better record because its Pete Carroll that makes this team what it is. And that is a FACT that was PROVEN quite significantly this year.
Found someone like Tavaris Jackson🤔? That quote is literally out of PC's mouth, and you're disagreeing with him.

You act as if Geno's pro bowl level play this season is because of PC, and not his actual talent and hard work. Kind of disrespectful to Geno if I'm being honest.

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
Found someone like Tavaris Jackson? 🤔

You act as if Geno's pro bowl level play this season is because of PC. This is kind of disrespectful to Geno if I'm being

Found someone like Tavaris Jackson? 🤔

You act as if Geno's pro bowl level play this season is because of PC. This is kind of disrespectful to Geno if I'm being honest.
Pete partly responsible for the way Geno is playing. Do you believe that if Geno did not spend his time in the Hawks culture that he would have had this type of success elsewhere? Case and point where with the Jets? With the Gaints? With the Chargers? No...Pete is a special coach and what he has created in Seattle is special...

massari

Reaction score
Pete partly responsible for the way Geno is playing. Do you believe that if Geno did not spend his time in the Hawks culture that he would have had this type of success elsewhere? Case and point where with the Jets? With the Gaints? With the Chargers? No...Pete is a special coach and what he has created in Seattle is special...
Even if you choose to ignore PC's quote "I've been here a long time. Without Russell, I wouldn't have been here a long time", why do you believe he chose to pay Wilson as one of the highest paid QBs for so long when "he would have found someone else to lead this team to the same or better record"?

I know it's cool to disrespect Wilson these days, but saying PC would've had the same of more success without Wilson is crazy talk.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I just keep waiting for you to come up with some reason why you think its Petes fault Russ sucks in Denver. Its all Petes fault that the broncos suck there for the Seahawks should fire Pete!

Its not Petes fault he sucks in Denver. I've already admitted that Russ rapidly regressed the past couple seasons. It was Petes fault when he was playing top tier ball for years though. No QB that has ever lived could have overcome the poor game planning Pete provided in the post season.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score

Lol. Unreal. Wilson was a top tier QB for years and is the best QB the Seahawks have ever had. Period. The only FACT about this season is that Seattle is one game above .500. Keep reaching though.