Let's Get This One Thing Straight…

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
No QB that has ever lived could have overcome the poor game planning Pete provided in the post season.
This is a false and out-dated argument. Russ barely executes a gameplan. He's is free-stylist that Pete had to fit into the offense, mostly by forcing defenses to respect the run game which allowed Russ to play off his skill sets through play action and the deep ball.

No doubt he was an amazing player for Seattle over the years, but a pass-first offense with Russell calling the shots would have been inconsistent and unsustainable.

Donn2390

Reaction score
Found someone like Tavaris Jackson🤔? That quote is literally out of PC's mouth, and you're disagreeing with him.

You act as if Geno's pro bowl level play this season is because of PC, and not his actual talent and hard work. Kind of disrespectful to Geno if I'm being honest.
Pete made that statement because he is Pete Carroll, Mr. nice guy who builds everyone up around him, it was a pep talk.!
Pete knows who he is, he doesn't need the accolades , but he knows for sure Russell that does. Say nice things about your fragile ego guy and it will pay dividends.
Geno is definitely playing at a pro bowl level this year because of Pete. It would be very difficult for anyone to play as good as Geno has if they were walking around with a clipboard in their hand, and that would be Geno's role anywhere else in the league. Pete gave him the chance no one else would and Geno responded, his success can be attributed to both men. Pete also put Geno in a system where he could succeed.

massari

Reaction score
Pete made that statement because he is Pete Carroll, Mr. nice guy who builds everyone up around him, it was a pep talk.!
Pete knows who he is, he doesn't need the accolades , but he knows for sure Russell that does. Say nice things about your fragile ego guy and it will pay dividends.
And he made Wilson the highest paid QB in the league because he's just such a great generous guy

Donn2390

Reaction score
And he made Wilson the highest paid QB in the league because he's just such a great generous guy
Pete is a coach, he doesn't write the checks. The FO made him the highest paid QB.. I'm sure many people were consulted before the decision was made, but you can blame whomever you wish if it will aid you in getting a good nights sleep.

massari

Reaction score
Pete is a coach, he doesn't write the checks. The FO made him the highest paid QB.. I'm sure many people were consulted before the decision was made, but you can blame whomever you wish if it will aid you in getting a good nights sleep.
PC and JS knew PC made Wilson, and could easily find his replacement at a fraction of the cost, but chose to make him the highest paid player in the league just to help out his fragile ego.

Great guys PC and JS are. Classiest bestist organization in the whole wide world.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
pitt & Fade need to stop with the "Pete was holding Russ back & should be fired" narrative(or at least not have every post be about it) but others have to stop the narrative that Wilson sucked & he was only successful because of Pete.

Russ played some great football in Seattle but he was a diminishing asset & it looks like Pete & John moved on at the exact right time. I even think Shane had some input into that decision as well as turning the offense over to Geno.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Even if you choose to ignore PC's quote "I've been here a long time. Without Russell, I wouldn't have been here a long time", why do you believe he chose to pay Wilson as one of the highest paid QBs for so long when "he would have found someone else to lead this team to the same or better record"?

I know it's cool to disrespect Wilson these days, but saying PC would've had the same of more success without Wilson is crazy talk.
It's only "Crazy Talk" to YOU, the fact that Pete & John were eyeballing Patric Mahomes and that Wilson caught wind of it and threw a shit-fit says it's you, Fade & pittpnthers who've been lying to one another.
Ya think that Pete, Shane & a few others couldn't see that Geno showed that after those few games last season, that he was quite capable of "Playing the Position" like Kurt Warner has put forth Kudo's to Pete for hanging with Geno Smith, THAT my Fine Hawk-feathered Friend is skookum Coaching.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Found someone like Tavaris Jackson🤔? That quote is literally out of PC's mouth, and you're disagreeing with him.

You act as if Geno's pro bowl level play this season is because of PC, and not his actual talent and hard work. Kind of disrespectful to Geno if I'm being honest.

One look at Russ this year tells you all you need to know about Pete’s magic

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
ah, a shill. :cautious:

rw3 was a great player for us, undoubtedly. rw3 is a mercurial, unconventional qb. he fell to the middle of the 3rd and pete took a chance. rw3's height, avoidance of the middle of the field, lack of quick reads, and unaccountable persona affected pete's gameplan. pete catered to rw3. sacrificed proven methodology, utilized rw3's strengths, and did everything in his power to max out rw3, because he knew it benefited the team's record. rw3 required his own system. pete fully backed the "rw3 system" to the point where it looked like backyard football.

not accidentally, geno smith is having a monster year... under pete carroll 😭. like rw3, he doesn't ask geno to do things he struggles with. he maximizes geno. notice how the offense functions differently?

maybe you just don't get it. maybe pete's a decent ******* coach? maybe you're just a ******* shill.

Rainger

Reaction score
For all those saying Russ played great football and made the team a winning team you are partially right.

In his first few years he played within the system. That was when he was at his best and so was the team. About 5 years.

But as his ego and groupies turned him in to a product, he stopped playing the system and wanted to be the hero.

As his body got fatter, his legs slowed down, the league figured his style, he stopped listening to Pete, he ended up they way he is now.

Was he great once, sure when he played within the system.

Is he great when he wants to be the hero and not play within the system?

Well the proof is staring at you.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Russ was great up until the last year when he got hurt. Multiple years he overcame zero run game, terrible line, lack of weapons etc. he was flat out a monster. I thought it was a mistake to get rid of him but it appears John and Pete knew the timing was perfect and he wasn’t the same player and good on them for making the hard decision but Russ is all time good in his first ten years in the league on mutliple statistical categories, wins, playoff success etc. it just feels like people are being slightly revisionist in how they see it.

Geno has come in and proven everyone wrong. I still think he’s probably more of what we’ve seen the past 5-6 weeks than he was the first half but regardless he’s crushed all expectations too.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Russ was great up until the last year when he got hurt. Multiple years he overcame zero run game, terrible line, lack of weapons etc. he was flat out a monster. I thought it was a mistake to get rid of him but it appears John and Pete knew the timing was perfect and he wasn’t the same player and good on them for making the hard decision but Russ is all time good in his first ten years in the league on mutliple statistical categories, wins, playoff success etc. it just feels like people are being slightly revisionist in how they see it.

Geno has come in and proven everyone wrong. I still think he’s probably more of what we’ve seen the past 5-6 weeks than he was the first half but regardless he’s crushed all expectations too.

Exactly