The Santa Clara 49ers implosion is imminent!

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":1lgobilg said:
The only fear I smell is the fear that Jed York won't have have balls big enough to fire Roman.
Uh huh, OK. :177692:

RolandDeschain":1lgobilg said:
The bromance I have for Richard Sherman is approaching unhealthy levels. Really, it could be a problem.
:13: He's having a better year than last year.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Popcorn generally doesn't provide the same risk of injury as a glass bottle though. Neither fan displayed much class.

irocdave

Reaction score
Dam, hindsight is a bitch for niner fans. Denying the obvious rivalry with the Hawks, denying how good the Hawks D, especially Sherman was / is, denying Russ the midget is a legit NFL QB, denying niner fans taken as one entity are spoiled, ignorant, racist, scum of the human gene pool, denying how their coach isn't a Dbag and has alienated their front office...This shit has been building for almost 3 years and it's finally starting to dawn on the dim fan base how wrong they were / are collectively. I think we have some of the better niner fans that post online this site but even a couple (Marvin..) go to webzone and stoop to the goo on the bottom of the shoe level of the average niner poster. I will say Marvin has gotten much better over the past year, but frankly, I think it has to do with hanging out here.

Karma niner fans, karma.

BASF

Reaction score
Kap4president":1g6uyn46 said:
even without the greatest linebacker tandem in history!

You obviously weren't alive in the 80's. Marshall and Singletary as well as Taylor and Banks were better than Willis and Bowman. In the 90's you had Greene and Lloyd who were better than Willis and Bowman. Also, I would put Lewis and Suggs as well as Urlacher and Briggs right there with Willis and Bowman.

Now, if you had said inside linebackers I would probably be on board with that.

The rest of your post is not worth commenting on.

Chapow

Reaction score
sc85sis":khihvml3 said:
Popcorn generally doesn't provide the same risk of injury as a glass bottle though. Neither fan displayed much class.

Neither did Bowman when he snatched a sign from a kid in the stands, tore it in half, and threw it on the ground before the game. That doesn't excuse someone accidentally spilling 10 kernels of popcorn on him though.

And even if the popcorn was on purpose (which it wasn't and they damn well know it), 9er fans trying to equate throwing popcorn at someone to throwing a glass bottle at someone is absurd.

OP
OP
seatownlowdown

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
irocdave":1sgalc92 said:
Stay classy niners. Don't remember a penalty being called on the chop block...

http://gfycat.com/DownrightParchedDrafthorse

dude, yeah, i went back and re-watched, their offensive line was holding

ALL.

GAME.

LONG.

we literally had to beat both the refs and the whiners. even with all those drive extending penalties that sherman mentioned post-game, they couldn't do more than muster 3 measly points, at home no less. lmao.

and look at this disparity:

Penalties
Seahawks: 14-105 yards
49ers: 3-20 yards

ridiculous. we should have scored 35+ on these scrubs

hawk45

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2zfu941r said:
The bromance I have for Richard Sherman is approaching unhealthy levels. Really, it could be a problem.

Have 2 jerseys, Wilson and Sherman. Really want Lynch and Kam also, okay and Earl and...well whatever.

At any rate, Sherman has given me more squee moments than any other Seahawks. His mouth makes me almost live in fear of him having a bad game, he just...never does.

I mean this guy has been playing at this level from almost the moment he got here. My hero, and a bad, bad, man.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
sc85sis":3jn0rr3i said:

Come on now. A kernel could have fallen into mouth and possibly irritated his throat on the way down. Have you ever had that happen, coughing for minutes and irritation. It is a MAJOR inconvenience.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":mcoamd3e said:

Dude, you and me both. The guy is approaching "greatest ever" territory, and it's only his fourth season. Oh, and he's ours for most, if not all, of his career. Earl and Kam, too.

I know Deion Sanders was good, but did he consistently lock down his guy week in, week out, like our boy Sherm does? I'm not so sure he did. Deion made a living feasting on the big play. I'm not sure he so consistently deleted his guy from the stat sheet, though. Any of you stat heads care to look that up? I'm lazy.

irocdave

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":37dwbay9 said:
RolandDeschain":37dwbay9 said:

Dude, you and me both. The guy is approaching "greatest ever" territory, and it's only his fourth season. Oh, and he's ours for most, if not all, of his career. Earl and Kam, too.

I know Deion Sanders was good, but did he consistently lock down his guy week in, week out, like our boy Sherm does? I'm not so sure he did. Deion made a living feasting on the big play. I'm not sure he so consistently deleted his guy from the stat sheet, though. Any of you stat heads care to look that up? I'm lazy.

Deion was all about interceptions. He was a puss when it came to tackling. Dude would avoid it at all costs. niners fans love to show the gif of a 290 pound Will Tukuafu trucking Sherman. Pssh. How many times has a 220 pound Lynch run over the niners "all world linebackers". Our better yet, how about Lynch running over / through one of the niners D backs? Sherman isn't afraid to throw his body in to fullbacks or running backs. Deion wouldn't. Deion was a puss when it came to tackling. Youtube him tackling.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Deion Sanders got burned by every large, physical receiver he went up against, as well as Jerry Rice. Jerry Rice had one insane game against Sanders with like 15 catches for something like 185 yards and multiple TDs.

Sanders was not on Sherman's level.

NINEster

Reaction score
Deion was a prick, scared to tackle but he was legit as a shut down cover corner.

The Niners signed him on a one year rental to beat Dallas, and it worked. He effectively took out Michael Irvin and Alvin Harper, limiting the damage either one did when he covered them.

Let's let Sherman's career play out a few more years before making the comparisons.

OP
OP
seatownlowdown

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
sherman- bigger++, more physical/better tackler++, jumps higher, smarter, more clutch

deion- faster++, more agile+, better hand-eye coordination

roughly equal- competitiveness, work ethic, bravado, receiver mentality (when balls in air), hands

--

deion was a playmaker with the ball in his hands. ran 4.1-4.2 to sherms 4.5-4.6. super-fast acceleration. could change direction at high speed, which made him an electric punt returner, and in my opinion was the best return man of all time. he could get fooled in coverage but had the speed to recover. if he intercepted, he had a great chance of taking it to the house... from anywhere on the field.

sherman, at 6'3" with long arms, a 39 inch vertical, and a receiver mentality is a nightmare on jump balls. smart teams wont challenge him down the sideline. studies his opponents, reads their formations, qbs and receivers, and then takes advantage. he doesnt have near the acceleration and agility that deion had, but he usually gives himself enough room to work with so the receiver never gets a step on him. sherman is a better tackler no doubt, and it matters. teams would run at deion. they wont purposely run at sherm, and if they do, they bring #s.

different eras, and much different styles. but at this rate, sherman is the better overall corner. ill say this though, neon deion was fun to watch- was still a great (top 5) shutdown corner and was a far better playmaker when he had the ball... being one of the best playmakers of all time.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sanders avoided tackling at all costs, but he was a true and exceptional shutdown corner. He was also one helluva punt returner.....one of the best ever. I think Richard is approaching his level as a shutdown corner, but he will never be the athletic, big play guy Sanders was. Of course Sanders was never the all-around football player Richard is either.
Let's see how they compare in another 5-7 years.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
FriscosFinest":1puy5kxk said:
austinslater25":1puy5kxk said:
Glass bottle thrown at the Hawks post game? Classy.

about as classy as gettin thrown food on you after you tear your acl.

shit happens
Is it? This is a classic Niner tactic; repeat a deceptive statement enough and it becomes true. Several pieces of popcorn fall from the stands and a Niner fan equates it to a glass bottle.

Just ask any Niner fan, the 12s threw food. They are still talking about it and justifying Niner behavior because of it.

rlkats

Reaction score
seatownlowdown":3cvo8p60 said:
irocdave":3cvo8p60 said:

ALL.

GAME.

LONG.

we literally had to beat both the refs and the whiners. even with all those drive extending penalties that sherman mentioned post-game, they couldn't do more than muster 3 measly points, at home no less. lmao.

Penalties

Agree it should have been way way worse score than it was. So it that a pathetic seahawks offense or a great Niners D. I think i give credit to a great Niners D.

Largent80

Reaction score
Sorry to disappoint you but the Hawk offense has had trouble in the red zone in all the games we have played this year.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
rlkats":1s4ahcm3 said:
seatownlowdown":1s4ahcm3 said:
irocdave":1s4ahcm3 said:

ALL.

GAME.

LONG.

Penalties

Agree it should have been way way worse score than it was. So it that a pathetic seahawks offense or a great Niners D. I think i give credit to a great Niners D.
Your team's defense is good, not great. With Bowman and Willis, you'd be closer if not there. And though I wouldn't classify our offense (in the red zone in particular) as "pathetic" certainly the word "challenged" is apt......so far this season.
I'm guessing part of your using the term 'pathetic' is in response to the word 'scrubs' and that it likely got your hackles up. Understandable I suppose, but seriously man, if anyone's offense was pathetic the other night, it was Frisco's.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Is the Seahawk redzone offense really that bad? They've had several touchdowns called back on BS penalties over the past two weeks alone. I think they're doing just fine.