Shut up when on offense please

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Seriously, it annoys me to no end.

When the Seahawks are on offense, and I hear the "Sea - Hawks" chant, it drives me up a wall.

They were doing it week 3 when I was in attendance, and I started getting into it with those in my section. I told them when the team is on offense, you keep your mouth shut. Words were exchanged, feelings were hurt. Jerhawk stood his ground.

Anyways, it keeps happening. Knock it off 12s at home games. And if you're at a home game, take it upon yourself to educate those nearby who don't understand this concept.

Sincerely, a fan who finds it embarassing when the home team is making noise while on offense. I would hate to see Lumen Field have to incorporate "Hawk rules" to the crowd before kickoff.

Btw I'm talking about when Geno/former QB is at the line of scrimmage trying to navigate the offense, calling an audible and hard count. Yes, it's encouraged to cheer after a positive play.

Last edited:

JPatera76

Reaction score
This is a slightly ridiculous question to ask of other fans. People support and root for their own team in their own ways.

Crizilla

Reaction score
What a terrible thread for us 12's to see. Us 12's will cheer on our team no matter what the circumstances are

OP
OP
Jerhawk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
What a terrible thread for us 12's to see. Us 12's will cheer on our team no matter what the circumstances are
This is exactly the thread us 12s need to see. It's an embarassment when the crowd is chanting and making a bunch of noise on offense.

If we want to have the reputation of being the best fans, we need to be able to control this. Not to mention it makes an unnecessary hurdle for the offense when they should have the benefit of a quiet working environment at home

WarHawks

Reaction score
Saw a research report showing that relative average IQ in the US has been dropping by ~3pts/10yrs since the 80's.

I used to think it was bad research, but lately I'm starting to think it might be true.
Only 3?

DJrmb

Reaction score
I think awkward unnerving silence can be just as distracting in some cases (remember the covid year with no fans? They piped in some level of noise to try to combat just that).

I get the people that are wanting to help the team as much as possible and make the home field advantage as effective as possible. However, you also have to realize people bought tickets to attend the game and have every right to do as they please within the rules of the venue.

I think it's appropriate to try to explain why in general we try to be quiet for the offense and loud for the defense in a respectful and informative manner (educational). However, when you approach people already angry with them, putting them down in any way or acting like you're better than them they usually aren't going to give two shytz what you're saying, and may just do the opposite just to spite you. If you have a respectful conversation and they hear you out and they still disagree, that's their right and you leave it at that. No need to escalate or put people down just because they see things differently than you do.

I bet too if you ask the modern player, they would say it's really not a big deal... hell, we just had Nwosu saying the other day that the noise at home on defense makes it harder for him and it's why he likes going on the road 🤷🏽‍♂️

bileever

Reaction score
@Jerhawk isn't wrong. I feel like this is a recent thing. People understood this better a few years ago. I think maybe the bandwagon fans didn't get the memo.