2024 SEAHAWKS Depth Chart and Roster Moves

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
With the #121st pick the Seahawks select TE- A.J. Barner, Michigan

Here's a draft profile for Barner: https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/AJ-Barner-TE-Indiana (the link is wrong but the info is right) This player is a baller who was highly regarded by his fellow team players is a reliable blocker and yet another player who was a team captain. He has the capability to take over a game when allowed to do so. I like this pick too though some may think it's a reach. Coach Macdonald knows this player so I'd defer to that knowledge.

Updated.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
With pick #136 the Seahawks select CB- Nehemiah Pritchett, Auburn

Here's a draft profilehttps://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Nehemiah-Pritchett-DB-Auburn

Updated.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
At pick# 207 the Seahawks select OT- Michael Jerrell, Findlay College.

This player is a sleeper and as a clear developmental prospect it was hard to find much written about him save he was extraordinary at the OSU pro day workout. The profile below has him as a G but the team has said the want him to be a T. Likely is PS player at least for now,

Here is a draft profile for Jerrell; https://draftscout.com/dsprofile.php?PlayerId=1059058&DraftYear=2024

Updated.

Last edited:

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Interesting to see reports of UDFAs receiving guaranteed salary in addition to their signing bonuses. I don't recall this happening too much in the past.

I did a little digging and I think that part of the salary contains offsets -- meaning the Seahawks expect those players will at least spend time on a practice squad in 2024. So let's say a player with a $100,000 guarantee is cut at the end of camp. If the seahawks re-sign that player to the practice squad, they're paying that player at least $100,000 and the dollars only count once.

I can't say for sure unless I see the actual contracts, but it makes sense.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Interesting to see reports of UDFAs receiving guaranteed salary in addition to their signing bonuses. I don't recall this happening too much in the past.

I did a little digging and I think that part of the salary contains offsets -- meaning the Seahawks expect those players will at least spend time on a practice squad in 2024. So let's say a player with a $100,000 guarantee is cut at the end of camp. If the seahawks re-sign that player to the practice squad, they're paying that player at least $100,000 and the dollars only count once.

I can't say for sure unless I see the actual contracts, but it makes sense.

I am no expert but I like to think I can understand contract discussions but this hurt my head. I think I need to sleep and try again tomorrow.

I’m definitely glad we have you here to keep it sorted for us.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Offsets just mean the team that guarantees a contract gets credit back if that player is cut and signs with another team (or even the same team for that matter). It's why Russell Wilson signed for the minimum salary in Pittsburgh.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Offsets just mean the team that guarantees a contract gets credit back if that player is cut and signs with another team (or even the same team for that matter). It's why Russell Wilson signed for the minimum salary in Pittsburgh.

So when do offsets count against the cap? I would assume immediately as you said they’d get credit later if they get cut and sign elsewhere. Is this leaving us enough money to sign rookies or will we have to make moves? Might we have to rework contracts, make cuts or adjust some of the offers made to RFA?

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
There is nothing like an accountant to tell us the curious ins and outs of the cap.

Back when, our Hawkstorian who has like a few of others been a fan for life was the unquestioned cap guru of .net. He still is.

Thanks for your info!!!

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
To me it seems a bit odd that the team hasn't announced this year's rookie UDFA class of 16 or so players.

Could the reason for this delayed announcement be b/c the team is presently cap strapped? These rookie UDFA contracts would be outside the 51 top contracts so they shouldn't prevent the team announcing.

Either that or the media guys are typically underperforming. Of course they may just be waiting to see who actually shows up for rookie minicamp.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks Jville, much appreciated as ever!!!

OT Max Pircher does NOT count against the roster limits either 90 or 53 as he is an International Player Pathway Program player.

Updated.

Last edited:

kidhawk

Reaction score
Rookie Jersey numbers are in

Byron Murphy II will wear the No. 91 this season, which is different from the No. 90 that he wore while at Texas, right now Jarran Reed currently has No. 90.

Christian Haynes, the Seahawks third-round pick will wear the same number that he wore in college at UConn, No. 64.

Tyrice Knight from UTEP will wear No. 48
AJ Barner from Michigan will wear No. 88.
Nehemiah Pritchett from Auburn will wear No. 28
Sataoa Laumea from Utah will wear No. 63.
D.J. James from Auburn will wear No. 29.
Michael Jerrel from Findlay will wear No. 65

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
👍👍kidhawk you just beat me to it i was just writing down the number to post on OP .

Updated.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
16 UDFAs signed: https://www.seahawks.com/news/seaha...esignal&utm_medium=push&utm_campaign=teamnews

They are:
OLB Sunny Anderson, Grambling State
OLB Nelson Ceaser, Houston
QB Chevan Cordeiro, San Jose State
LB Easton Gibbs, Wyoming
T Garret Greenfield, South Dakota State
WR Hayden Hatten, Idaho
RB George Holani, Boise State
CB Carlton Johnson, Fresno State
DE DeVere Levelston, SMU
RB Kobe Lewis, Florida Atlantic
C Mike Novitsky, Kansas