Shut up when on offense please

LeveeBreak

Reaction score
I think awkward unnerving silence can be just as distracting in some cases (remember the covid year with no fans? They piped in some level of noise to try to combat just that).

I get the people that are wanting to help the team as much as possible and make the home field advantage as effective as possible. However, you also have to realize people bought tickets to attend the game and have every right to do as they please within the rules of the venue.

I think it's appropriate to try to explain why in general we try to be quiet for the offense and loud for the defense in a respectful and informative manner (educational). However, when you approach people already angry with them, putting them down in any way or acting like you're better than them they usually aren't going to give two shytz what you're saying, and may just do the opposite just to spite you. If you have a respectful conversation and they hear you out and they still disagree, that's their right and you leave it at that. No need to escalate or put people down just because they see things differently than you do.

I bet too if you ask the modern player, they would say it's really not a big deal... hell, we just had Nwosu saying the other day that the noise at home on defense makes it harder for him and it's why he likes going on the road 🤷🏽‍♂️
I think most players would disagree with your take. The ability to communicate effectively at the LOS is a huge benefit to a team and major disadvantage to teams that cannot.

Biscanebay12

Reaction score
Seriously, it annoys me to no end.

When the Seahawks are on offense, and I hear the "Sea - Hawks" chant, it drives me up a wall.

They were doing it week 3 when I was in attendance, and I started getting into it with those in my section. I told them when the team is on offense, you keep your mouth shut. Words were exchanged, feelings were hurt. Jerhawk stood his ground.

Anyways, it keeps happening. Knock it off 12s at home games. And if you're at a home game, take it upon yourself to educate those nearby who don't understand this concept.

Sincerely, a fan who finds it embarassing when the home team is making noise while on offense. I would hate to see Lumen Field have to incorporate "Hawk rules" to the crowd before kickoff.

Btw I'm talking about when Geno/former QB is at the line of scrimmage trying to navigate the offense, calling an audible and hard count. Yes, it's encouraged to cheer after a positive play.
Okay Karen

RedAlice

Reaction score

When the Seahawks are on offense, and I hear the "Sea - Hawks" chant, it drives me up a wall.

They were doing it week 3 when I was in attendance, and I started getting into it with those in my section. I told them when the team is on offense, you keep your mouth shut. Words were exchanged, feelings were hurt. Jerhawk stood his ground.

Anyways, it keeps happening. Knock it off 12s at home games. And if you're at a home game, take it upon yourself to educate those nearby who don't understand this concept.

Sincerely, a fan who finds it embarassing when the home team is making noise while on offense. I would hate to see Lumen Field have to incorporate "Hawk rules" to the crowd before kickoff.

Btw I'm talking about when Geno/former QB is at the line of scrimmage trying to navigate the offense, calling an audible and hard count. Yes, it's encouraged to cheer after a positive play.

My favorite part of Hawk fans at the game: The quiet when they are losing.

I’d been warned by Rams fans that I was unprepared for how loud Hawk fans are. I’d say you all are loud, but not louder than Eagles fans at home.

When the game shifted tho, the loud STOPPED.

DJrmb

Reaction score
I think most players would disagree with your take. The ability to communicate effectively at the LOS is a huge benefit to a team and major disadvantage to teams that cannot.
I don't thinks so. No one's talking about the crowd screaming their lungs out at max volume like when on defense. That would be bad and make it harder for the offense to communicate at the LOS...

But a SEA...HAWKS.... chant by a few fans scattered around the stadium isn't something I think any player would say is hindering their communication.

I could be wrong 🤷🏽‍♂️, but I bet most of you didn't think a defensive player would ever say the crowd noise at home wasn't helping them and actually hindering them until Nwosu spoke about that recently...

RedAlice

Reaction score
People telling me what to do makes me do the opposite. Leave me the **** alone.

Smile. Like that really made me actually smile.

In STL at the dome, the Rams fans were actually pretty good.

At the coliseum, I had to train my section what to do.

At SoFi, no one does anything.

BigMeach

Reaction score
This is so common place to be quiet when your team has the ball on offense before each play... I'm shocked it even has to be said? Didn't realize it had gotten this bad I haven't been at a game since one last year.

I'm also quite positive that it's not in anyway wrong to ask people to do this. Most likely they don't even realize the reason for it in the first place hence why they're making noise. They think they are cheering on the team without realizing they are making it harder to execute the play. Not to mention it's harder to get the opposing team to jump offsides for a free play.

morgulon1

Reaction score

I remember "Rams rules" 😂

SheaD

Reaction score

Ram Rules! They've always been dog shit fans.

cymatica

Reaction score

Dude you sound like a Karen at a football game. If a Seahawk chant screws up the offense, which somehow deals with road games, then they need get better. It's not like they're screaming at the top of their lungs like on defense.

I can only imagine going to the game with some buddies, having a few beers and having fun, just to have some Karen dude lecture us about us being too loud at a freaking football game.

Boohman14

Reaction score
This goes back to the Knox era Seahawks fans. The NFL wanted to make a rule that would penalize the crowd for excessive noise because of the volume we could achieve at games in the Kingdome. At one time the refs would pause the game when the crowd made it too loud for opposing offenses to hear the snap counts. Knox successfully argued that it was abhorrent to penalize passionate fan bases. There was also an expectations in those days that Seahawk fans would be quiet from when the Seahawks were in the huddle until the ball was snapped.

I remember back in the 70's when Bert Jones had wave his arms as he was behind center to plead with Colt fans to stop their stupid cheer where they tried to spell C-O-L-T-S.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Dude you sound like a Karen at a football game. If a Seahawk chant screws up the offense, which somehow deals with road games, then they need get better. It's not like they're screaming at the top of their lungs like on defense.

I can only imagine going to the game with some buddies, having a few beers and having fun, just to have some Karen dude lecture us about us being too loud at a freaking football game.

You are an idiot and not a 12. Of course it affects the offense. You can see the offense waving their hands to quiet the crowd. Why ? because they haven’t prepared a silent count. They expect quiet to operate their pre snap reads and signals. On the road, they’ve got silent count set up in advance.

You are doing nothing but hurting your team if you start chanting as the offense lines up. And most of us also paid for our tickets not to have some buttholes try to ruin our chances at winning.

Calling people Karen’s for pointing out your stupidity is one of the reasons humanity is failing. Stupid people need to realize when their being stupid.

nategreat

Reaction score

Seriously- I've never seen a "Sea-hawks" chant throw the team off when on offense. It's one thing for everyone to get as loud as possible, but that's not what's happening. People are free to enjoy the game as they wish. Because that's what it is- a game. I think maybe our egos are getting in the way here- the effect of what's being talking about is fairly insignificant, and that's a bitter pill to swallow for fans who believe they're as important as their star players.

cymatica

Reaction score
You are an idiot and not a 12. Of course it affects the offense. You can see the offense waving their hands to quiet the crowd. Why ? because they haven’t prepared a silent count. They expect quiet to operate their pre snap reads and signals. On the road, they’ve got silent count set up in advance.

You are doing nothing but hurting your team if you start chanting as the offense lines up. And most of us also paid for our tickets not to have some buttholes try to ruin our chances at winning.

Calling people Karen’s for pointing out your stupidity is one of the reasons humanity is failing. Stupid people need to realize when their being stupid.

Ok twelvie, thanks for setting me straight with your incredible insight. First thing at work tomorrow I'm going out of my way to explain to everyone how to be a good fan.

pmedic920

Reaction score
This is a slightly ridiculous question to ask of other fans. People support and root for their own team in their own ways.
Yea kinda.

When being a fan “your way” possibly has a negative impact, I’ve got to agree with the sentiment of STFU when your team is on offense until the ball is snapped.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I can’t imagine any fan of any team supporting or wanting to do something that may negatively impact their favorite team.

The same loud noise that affects the other team (as we are so proud of) can and does effect our team if done at the wrong/inappropriate time.

Everyone absolutely has the right to “fan” as they see fit but only an ignorant fan would “fan” in a way that may hurt their team.

If your team players are asking you to quiet down, you’re having a negative impact.

It’s all just common sense, and should be common courtesy.

The OP shouldn’t have to say what he said but he’s absolutely correct.

You paid for your ticket, fan however you see fit. Know that you may not be helping your team however.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score

That’s not true. The 60% of the crowd that’s there for the visitors get pretty loud.