Serious question...why do Niners fans hate you guys so much?

Yakima Hawkster

Reaction score
^^^Never been a fan of that fat, overrated, grandstanding, hypocritical alcoholic, but with that having been said, let's try to stay on point. This is neither the time nor the place for a discussion about that drunkard. We are discussing why the Niners fans harbor an irrational hatred for Hawks fans. Some excellent points have been brought to bear thus far. Let's keep it up, gang. :0190l: :0190l:

Alrighty then...

TJH

Reaction score
After reading this thread I have no trouble seeing why soeone would hate us. For a team that hasn't accomplished anything, damn you're a cocky bunch.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
TJH":ssl5gspl said:
After reading this thread I have no trouble seeing why soeone would hate us. For a team that hasn't accomplished anything, damn you're a cocky bunch.

Better than being sanctimonious.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
TwilightError":2rlcg267 said:
KCHawkGirl":2rlcg267 said:
TwilightError":2rlcg267 said:
They hate us cause they fear us. Simple as that. Its good to be hated for that reason.
I did say exactly the same upthread. Maybe they won't post a long and silly argument against your post because of your cool hawk avatar? One can always hope.

Maybe they fear the Osprey too ;)

Fear is the big one. As far as the 9er fans hating our coach, it's fear and ignorance (thank you, Ebby Calvin LaLoosh).

Calling Pete Carroll names is the result of willful ignorance. The guy wrote a book detailing his experiences in football and his approach to life, which is all about positivity, striving to do your best, and helping the people around you get better. If you haven't read it, your negative opinion of PC is meaningless. He meets with gang members in the streets and provides opportunities for them to live more hopeful lives. His community outreach programs get guns off the streets. Anyone who calls PC a douche is clueless and should be disregarded immediately.

The 49ers coach on the other hand...

Seahawk Sailor":2rlcg267 said:
When you are mindless and impressionable and jump on the bandwagon, you look for someone to emulate:

4JCINXy

...has some issues (or personality disorders?). The official on the left looks like he's about to say, "It's okay, honey, we'll get you another juice box," before turning to the other official and whispering "He missed nap time, so he's a little cranky."

BocciHawk

Reaction score
Niners fans are insecure, so they hate us.

That's basically it, in a nutshell.

I would burn my Seahawks #12 jersey if we ever hired a coach that behaved like Harbaugh on the sidelines or in interviews.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
They secretly fear our team after what they did to their team late last season. They got done dirrrrrrrty. Didn't even show up for the game, really. It was awesome.

Laloosh

Reaction score
JSeahawks":34xqyzmi said:
I think they're also jealous of how ridiculously good looking we all are.

This.

I mean, come on... if you do an image search on Bing for "goofy looking dude", the first page of results comes back with this:

49ers head coach Jim Harbaugh 300x295

Hawks46

Reaction score
Well, I have two theories:

One of which is being removed by a mod since it's about political views in the main forum.

The other theory is that SF was bad for a looooong time after we got to this division. I saw a game in (I think) 2007, at Candlestick. Rocky Bernard separated Alex Smith's shoulder, and we really clocked them that game. I got maybe 2 fans the entire day that got in my face and yelled "Seahawks suck" or "Niners rule". I had great conversations with most of the fans, and the guys next to me were offering me peanuts and beer.

We can relate as Hawks fans. When your team is bad for an extended period, a lot of the passion (as well as the hubris) and pride of your team fades a bit. Hell, we're all still good fans, but it's hard to stay that "pumped and jacked" when your team stinks for years in a row.

Now, the Niners are pretty damned good. It turned around quickly with Harbaugh, and there is a ton of pride in their team now. I'm willing to bet if I went to Candlestick again, it would be a completely different game day experience. The icing on the cake was that the team holding them down for most of a decade was in rebuilding mode. Well, we completed rebuilding mode in record time, then thunderstomped them last year. There is a lot of bitterness there, and I think fear.

If you look at the head to head matchups of our teams since we got to the division, every loss to the Niners has been very close (I think 1 blowout), while most of our wins came in VERY convincing, if not blowout fashion. Also builds some resentment.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":2mt9sq8o said:
When you are mindless and impressionable and jump on the bandwagon, you look for someone to emulate:

4JCINXy
You sir, won the Internet for the day! :) :th2thumbs:

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
Cause they're Hawk fans. Not really a hatred, but if we're not giving each other fans sh*t who would we give it too?

Hawk-A-Loogie

Reaction score
Honestly, It's the bandwagon niner fans. I remember at 49.forum.com when i used to post there i was getting trolled by their fans left and right. Suddenly there's the "good" niner fans that came around and told them to stfu and told me, yes, it's a rival thing but mind their bandwagon fans who has only been fans within' the year. Those are the ones they hate most for making them look bad. Atleast that's my answer straight from their own members.

TriCHawk

Reaction score
When I see trolling fans of other teams, that's what I think: Bandwagon. I think the 9ers fans that talk the most are the fans that weren't even alive the last time SF won a SB. Or people who became fans oh... about 2 years ago.
I'm sure Seahawks have their fair share of idiot trolls on other boards (I don't know, because I don't visit other teams' boards). But they're just as lame, IMO.

mikeak

Reaction score
Because the douchebag fans over there with the douchebag coach come up with insulting name calling for our fanbase and coach..............

Largent80

Reaction score
I could care less what they think of me as a fan. Seriously, I just like beating them down (see Dec.) and look forward to doing it 2, and if we get the chance, 3 times this season.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
TJH":3dgeseoe said:

See.. There is a reason right there for my hate. Thier fans are people who I would not go across the street to piss on.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
I don't know why they hate us...but it makes me really upset. Can't we all just get along? :(

Weadoption

Reaction score
No hate, but I enjoy the smack talk because it makes my work day go faster.
I could go to my Niners webzone and read 237 threads of rara cheerleading, but there is more entertainment and critical football chat here with the "enemy".
I hope my team beats you arses, but in all seriousness, there is nothing not to admire/respect about your ballclub.
Save for your at the moment D-line health, your team has no weakness, and that is a rare thing in the NFL.

John_Redcorn

Reaction score
Its definitely become a high fueled rivalry. Even this offseason the way Harbs rubbed Hawks fans/players wrong with his above reproach comments.. Then from the hawks I think Browner said hed put hands on Harb - tate joked he would blindside Harbs...

Harbs and his apparent 'wave' at the hawks bus after beating them...

Latest posts