Serious question...why do Niners fans hate you guys so much?

BuddyRyans46

Reaction score
I understand the whole divisional rivalry dynamic, but there seems to be a lot of PERSONAL animosity between fans of the two teams. Since you guys have never been traditional rivals, can someone please explain to me where all of the hard feelings between the two fan bases came from?! Just curious. I just read a thread over on their board (linked below) and I was honestly stunned by how many of them hate the Seahawks AND their fans. In my experience, Seattle fans are pretty cool.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niner ... 49ers-foe/

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
jealousy, they know were better than them at everything.

Decimation

Reaction score
BuddyRyans46":1liplmay said:
I understand the whole divionsal rivalry thing, but there seems to be a lot of personal animosity between fans of the two teams. Since you guys have never been rivals, can someone please explain to me where all of the hard feelings between the two fan bases came from?! Just curious. I just read a thread over on their board (posted below) and I was honestly stunned by how many of them hate the Seahawks AND their fans. In my experience, Seattle fans are pretty cool.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niner ... 49ers-foe/
I think the 42-13 massacre on their team at the clink really stunned them last year which contributed towards the hatred. Plus, we are a threat towards there chances at winning the NFC West.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Because the bandwagon fans have to act as though they're particularly hardcore lest anyone figure out they hadn't watched the team until 2011.

beasthawk

Reaction score
I think the name calling using the word hate thing is so rediculous, I get friendly rivalry, but when it comes dow to it its just a game and in no way, do I hate an entire collection of people without ever meeting them. Don't we another name for that? Racism, perhaps. Lets be focused on having fun, not wishing harm or misfortune upon humans.

Just my 2 cents...

OP
OP
BuddyRyans46

BuddyRyans46

Reaction score
well said, beasthawk. Well said. :)

For the record, I merely used that term because that was their verb of choice when describing how much the detest the Hawks and their fans. Personally, I don't believe in "hating" anyone or anything, with the exception of Winston Churchill.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Started off with the Carroll vs. Harbaugh thing, same division, rise of each team. A lot of similarities between the two teams football wise, so they're always being compared which stimulates debate.

OP
OP
BuddyRyans46

BuddyRyans46

Reaction score
I thought that this quote from the Niners thread pretty much sums up what I was driving at, for those who don't feel like wading through the entire thread.

"Why should we, as Niners fans, hate the Seahwaks? What have they done or accomplished? They blew us out in their stadium in a game that ultimately was meaningless, their coach is an arrogant douche that our coach doesn't like, all of their players use PEDs, their secondary was allowed to cheat all year last year, their smarmy, delusional fans and the Seattle media are annoying as hell, and their players talk way too much sh*t, especially considering the fact that they have NEVER WON ANYTHING. They've never knocked us out of the playoffs or prevented a championship. Until something like that happens, they're just another team with a bunch of bandwagon fans."

Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niner ... DlqXOHE.99

OP
OP
BuddyRyans46

BuddyRyans46

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":3vujhlsy said:
Started off with the Carroll vs. Harbaugh thing, same division, rise of each team. A lot of similarities between the two teams football wise, so they're always being compared which stimulates debate.

The Harbaugh/Carroll coaching rivalry is an excellent point, dontbelikethat. I forgot about that.

mikeak

Reaction score
Simple - the courage built up by the ability to post things anonymously sitting in your mothers basement collecting unemployment checks have turned what used to be good nature ribbing and cracking jokes into hate speech on every board that doesn't put limits on it. Even boards thatdo put limita in place have lots of examples auch as yet another Harbaugh is a douchebag thread.......

Unfortunately after people spew out their venom on the boards a few of them venture out in daylight go to the games and realize that just like online they can hide behind the masses and have the courage to throw a beer at someone at the game, yell profanity at women and children and from there the rivalries turns from something fun to just pure nastiness....

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
BuddyRyans46":2xe76puo said:
I thought that this quote from the Niners thread pretty much sums up what I was driving at, for those who don't feel like wading through the entire thread.

"Why should we, as Niners fans, hate the Seahwaks? What have they done or accomplished? They blew us out in their stadium in a game that ultimately was meaningless, their coach is an arrogant douche that our coach doesn't like, all of their players use PEDs, their secondary was allowed to cheat all year last year, their smarmy, delusional fans and the Seattle media are annoying as hell, and their players talk way too much sh*t, especially considering the fact that they have NEVER WON ANYTHING. They've never knocked us out of the playoffs or prevented a championship. Until something like that happens, they're just another team with a bunch of bandwagon fans."

Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niner ... DlqXOHE.99

Ah, the slowplay troll. You know how meaningless the December game was to your team?

Oh, what's that. You needed that game to lock up the division? Also, calling our coach an arrogant douche is the epitome of the pot calling the kettle black. When was the last time anyone saw Carroll throwing a clipboard on the ground and screaming like a little girl?

And talking about not winning anything....how was watching your team lose to the Ravens?

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
The Hawks are good so people notice. Same reason Bengals fans hate Ravens fans. Same reason 9er and Hawks fans don't give a second thought to Cards or Rams fans. Division rivals, two good teams with very strong personalities leading the teams. Naturally 9er fans start spouting off about "5 rings" and we roll our eyes, making it worse.

Around here, 9er fans are historically poor sports and get themselves kicked out frequently. Only a few survived final cuts last season, and I know as a mod, I do not look forward to games against the 9ers because of all their fans that show up here and act the fool. Worst visiting fans in the league on this board, and I am sure I'd get a unanimous vote from our regular members on that one.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
They have to pretend they actually followed the 49ers while they were losing for a bunch of years. We had two 49ers fans come here for like five years, now the mods here have to deny most of their registration requests, and half the ones that get approved just troll and get banned quickly.

This place would still be a 49ers ghost town if Harbaugh hadn't arrived.

Mick063

Reaction score
They really should hate on Baltimore instead.

Myself, the Steelers are the team I dislike the most. Hopefully, they will finish last in their division. A good possibility. Would love nothing better than to see a decade of basement purgatory for Pittsburgh. Would love to see Cleveland sweep them.

I don't mind the Niners. They are a talented club. The last game against them was really fun to watch. Beating them helps the Seattle street cred. We need a good opponent or two in the division.