Why are you guys so obsessed with the 49ers?

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Popeyejones":occ37xxf said:
bigtrain21":occ37xxf said:
This is undeniable proof. The Rams are apparently their biggest rival and all they can think about after beating their biggest rival is the Seahawks.

:lol:

Also worth checking out the "What do you make of the 49ers' 35-11 win at St. Louis on Thursday night?" poll on ESPN. The options are "49ers are back" and "Rams are Bad."

So far 300 people from Missouri have been motivated to vote compared to 1,100 from Washington (with roughly the same population in both states). The only states with more votes are California (3x more votes but 6x more people in the state) and Texas (1.5X the votes but 4X the number of people in the state). Missouri is the only state of 50 that has a lower % of people saying that the 9ers are good.

Thinking this might not be a one way thing. ;)

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/post/_/ ... isco-49ers

What an idiot argument to make. Seriously, what an incredibly stupid argument.

What time zone is St. Louis in, what time was it in Missouri, hmm. Half the fans in that state was asleep by the 4th QTR , the other half were drunk and miserable.

As opposed to the West Coast where the Seahawks reside, it was barely 10 o' clock.

So if you're going to make a point, use some 'melon farming' logic.

And 2ndly to point how dumb your logic is... why would any Rams fan make that choice anyway... RAMs Fan: let's see I either have to choose that our biggest rival is good or my team sucks ass.

Seahawks fans can vote because ITS NOT THAT PERSONAL...most of us invested in this game because we knew one divisional rival was going to lose. And if you actually watched the game how can you lie about what we saw... so thus by voting for the Rams just suck option, which they do horrendously, doesn't mean the 49ers are good, which they aren't, the dominated a weaker team much like the Seahawks dominated the JAGS.

What do you expect? What do you want from us?

Good for you 49ers, you're such a great team, I mean pat yourselves on the backs, you just raped a team that just got raped much worse the week prior to the Cowboys.

Yeah, that's the same as 49er fans on National TV, chanting "Seahawks suck" when they've should have said " Go 49ers" OR "L.A. Rams"

There was a time when most Seahawks fans reveled the 49ers and like those team. Now, F your rings. F the hypocrisy of your fanbase, F the hypocrisy of your coach, F your team... you are all entitled idiots, douchebags, and jerks. Remember, who started all this back and forth between us.
It was the 49er fans "we have it better than you" entitlement and snobbery.

By the time we beat you in Candlestick, the Seahawks wouldn't need to care, because Niner Nation will irrelevent.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":2qnjvg2w said:
Popeyejones":2qnjvg2w said:
bigtrain21":2qnjvg2w said:
This is undeniable proof. The Rams are apparently their biggest rival and all they can think about after beating their biggest rival is the Seahawks.

Also worth checking out the "What do you make of the 49ers' 35-11 win at St. Louis on Thursday night?" poll on ESPN. The options are "49ers are back" and "Rams are Bad."

So far 300 people from Missouri have been motivated to vote compared to 1,100 from Washington (with roughly the same population in both states). The only states with more votes are California (3x more votes but 6x more people in the state) and Texas (1.5X the votes but 4X the number of people in the state). Missouri is the only state of 50 that has a lower % of people saying that the 9ers are good.

What time zone is St. Louis in, what time was it in Missouri, hmm. Half the fans in that state was asleep by the 4th QTR , the other half were drunk and miserable.

As opposed to the West Coast where the Seahawks reside, it was barely 10 o' clock.

And 2ndly to point how dumb your logic is... why would any Rams fan make that choice anyway... RAMs Fan: let's see I either have to choose that our biggest rival is good or my team sucks ass.

Seahawks fans can vote because ITS NOT THAT PERSONAL...most of us invested in this game because we knew one divisional rival was going to lose. And if you actually watched the game how can you lie about what we saw... so thus by voting for the Rams just suck option, which they do horrendously, doesn't mean the 49ers are good, which they aren't, the dominated a weaker team much like the Seahawks dominated the JAGS.

Good for you 49ers, you're such a great team, I mean pat yourselves on the backs, you just raped a team that just got raped much worse the week prior to the Cowboys.

Yeah, that's the same as 49er fans on National TV, chanting "Seahawks suck" when they've should have said " Go 49ers" OR "L.A. Rams"

There was a time when most Seahawks fans reveled the 49ers and like those team. Now, F your rings. F the hypocrisy of your fanbase, F the hypocrisy of your coach, F your team... you are all entitled idiots, douchebags, and jerks. Remember, who started all this back and forth between us.

By the time we beat you in Candlestick, the Seahawks wouldn't need to care, because Niner Nation will irrelevent.

You realize that he's saying he doesn't buy that the rivalry is one-way, right? He's disagreeing with the OP. I'm not sure what this holier-than-thou rant is actually aimed at here.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":2sjdusg7 said:
Popeyejones":2sjdusg7 said:
bigtrain21":2sjdusg7 said:

Well said! Bravo! :th2thumbs:

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
jkitsune":2odmuf79 said:
Pandion Haliaetus":2odmuf79 said:
Popeyejones":2odmuf79 said:
bigtrain21":2odmuf79 said:

You realize that he's saying he doesn't buy that the rivalry is one-way, right? He's disagreeing with the OP. I'm not sure what this holier-than-thou rant is actually aimed at here.

First, it was merely aimed it his poor logic and quote unquote proof and example. Ofcourse, there were more votes on the West Coast because it was 10 pm to 11 pm. Ofcourse their were hardly an Rams votes: A, why would any rams fan choose to answer that question and B, it was 1-2 a.m. in Missouri. Logic.

Use a better argument to make your case is my point.

And honestly sure there is a rivalry because its a divisional opponent but other that much of the war going on between the fans is because Niner Nations lack of class towards a young and inexperienced Seahawks team ever since the 2011 and their "we have better than you" hardouche led entitlement and constantly throwing rings in our faces like its 1989.

the fact is if 49ers handled their meteoric rise with more tact and humility Seahawk fans would show more respect for their fans and franchise.

49ers and their fans deserve every last drop of sh!t we dish out to them.

Also, a rivalry would actually exist if they knew how to be competitive and not barely beat us while our team wasn't in injury riddle rebuild mode like it was in 2011 or younger, less experienced, with rookies at key positions like it was in the first game of 2012.

irocdave

Reaction score
So a niner troll comes in, pulls the pin and tosses the troll nade then runs. Did I miss something? Why respond to this post? If your really in to bashing the 49'rs go search their own forums before halftime of the Rams game. They were ready to eat each other. Try the game day thread, great reading. Funny how these POS trolls rebound and we react. DONT FEED THE TROLLS.

irocdave

Reaction score
Wow. For those that don't visit the whiners forums often.. Whiners fans are hoping for the hawks to beat them up ( like the hawks did to the whines) so they have a chance next weekend at home. Pathetic.

HansGruber

Reaction score
irocdave":lygnitab said:
Wow. For those that don't visit the whiners forums often.. Whiners fans are hoping for the hawks to beat them up ( like the hawks did to the whines) so they have a chance next weekend at home. Pathetic.

They have no chance. Seattle gave the NFL the blueprint. It's not our fault the Rams SUCK.

Texans will rebound and destroy a bad 49ers team next week

Brahn

Reaction score
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niner ... ek/page10/

Why are we so enamored with the Niner's? Can't even talk Texans Niner's in your own thread without it becoming a Seahawk's gaggle feast.

Niners fans inform the NFL Wilson has been figured out again **See 2012 - Current**

Niner fans state we are still a bad 2-0 road team

Niner fans predict blowout in next game by them ignoring last 3 scores vs us.

Niner fans still complaining about our physical defense

Niners fans believe they are the best 2-2 team in the world

Niner Fans currently are eat, breathing, sleeping Seahawks

BamKam

Reaction score
You guys are obsessed with the Seahawks as well. Go look at your Week 4 NFL gameday thread.

OP
OP

925NinersFan

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2ro2qmoe said:
Stumbling over landmines here, so I'll start with some disclaimers:

1) There's obviously a real rivalry, and 9ers fans who claim otherwise (particularly while posting on this board, and even more particularly while making threads claiming otherwise on this board :lol: ) are completely full of it.
2) This is also a rivalry that the Hawks are quite clearly currently winning.
3) Silly stuff happens on every forum, and posters should ideally be judged by the quality of their posting, not by the lowest hanging fruit of their respective fanbases.
4) As a general rule "everyone over there" statements are wrong.
5) Despite my fandom, on balance I greatly prefer this place to the Webzone, which is a hot @ss mess IMO, whereas this place generally isn't.

Okay, with all of that out of the way, here it is:

It's really strange how good of a source this forum is for 49ers news. That's not because 9ers fans are posting 9ers news here. Of all the fan forums I've been to (and I've been to a lot) I've never seen a forum generates as many inane and pointless threads about a rival team. Overall I think the quality of posting here is really high, but the archaeological excavating of any and all things that could possibly be negatively spun about the 9ers or people affiliated with them is really atypical. Sorry, but from what I've seen across many forums I believe this to be true.

I've alluded to this before, but I weakly suspect it's two things (which are not intended to offend):

1) The Hawks are an exceptionally good team, and most likely the best team in the NFL, but they haven't won anything yet. The fanbase is as excited about the team as it has ever been, and deservedly so, but until they win it all with this team (which I expect them to do soon, and which wouldn't surprise a single NFL fan) there's going to be kind of a manic edge to some of that very deserved excitement. This kind of manic-edged excitement is compounded by #2.

2) The Seattle-Sports-Victim-Complex isn't universal, but it's a real thing. A proportion of the fanbase feels overlooked and ignored up there in the corner, and has also grown pretty fatalistic and just assumes that things always go wrong in the end. The Mariners were great through the mid to late 1990s but never won a championship. The Hawks were very good in the 80s and 2000s but never won a championship. The only team from Seattle that ever won a championship was bad, still totally beloved, and completely stolen from you guys only to start almost instantly competing on the national stage in the NBA for reasons completely unrelated to the change of scenery.

These two things are a wild cocktail to mix up. You have near manic excitement mixed in with a victim complex and some degree of fatalism. For some folks, no matter what they do, they just know they've been done worse (the worst of all of course, is having been ignored). Basically I think there's some crazy exhaling going on here, and a lot of the inane and celebratory angry 9ers threads (and the smilie, and the sigs) are just kind of some weird form of "payback" for something that most outsiders never even knew existed in the first place.

In the long run I think the team is friggin awesome though, I think they'll payoff on their awesomeness, and I think this weird sorta quirk of a really good collection of posters and fans will fade away into a more typical level of dislike for one's rival.

Sorry for the long post, and again, not intended to offend.

Hmm... thanks for the great reply. I'll be 100% honest, I truly don't consider the Seahawks a rival team. I'm not trying to say that as some kind of way to be snobby (or however it's being interpreted here), I just think that term is thrown around too loosely nowadays, and there needs to be some substance behind it. 30 years from now, will either of our teams even remember any of the games we've played so far? Besides the 43-13 game, I doubt it. So now we're supposed to have a rivalry because you blew us out in that game? Ok...

I just think it's this thing the media and NFL has created to get ratings and ticket sales. Which is what prompted my original question, why so much hate? It's not like we've eliminated you guys from the playoffs for the past 10 years.

And to those that think I only posed this question after beating the Rams... yeah, go look at the time stamp of my original post.

And go check out the other Niner threads, they were NOT all started by us (yes, yes, I realize this one was obviously).

Lastly, mods, please feel free to delete my account if you think I'm trolling. Clearly from the angry responses here I hit a nerve. Maybe you didn't want to hear it, but that's how many of us feel about your fanbase (being overly consumed with us).

drdiags

Reaction score
925NinersFan.

Not sure you caught it based on your response to PopeyeJones, but he is a 9ers fan. Your response makes it seem you thought he was a Seahawks fan.

Your points would remain the same but since you quoted him, I just wanted you to know who you were responding to.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
925NinersFan":2lmevjqx said:
Popeyejones":2lmevjqx said:
Stumbling over landmines here, so I'll start with some disclaimers:

1) There's obviously a real rivalry, and 9ers fans who claim otherwise (particularly while posting on this board, and even more particularly while making threads claiming otherwise on this board :lol: ) are completely full of it.
2) This is also a rivalry that the Hawks are quite clearly currently winning.
3) Silly stuff happens on every forum, and posters should ideally be judged by the quality of their posting, not by the lowest hanging fruit of their respective fanbases.
4) As a general rule "everyone over there" statements are wrong.
5) Despite my fandom, on balance I greatly prefer this place to the Webzone, which is a hot @ss mess IMO, whereas this place generally isn't.

Okay, with all of that out of the way, here it is:

It's really strange how good of a source this forum is for 49ers news. That's not because 9ers fans are posting 9ers news here. Of all the fan forums I've been to (and I've been to a lot) I've never seen a forum generates as many inane and pointless threads about a rival team. Overall I think the quality of posting here is really high, but the archaeological excavating of any and all things that could possibly be negatively spun about the 9ers or people affiliated with them is really atypical. Sorry, but from what I've seen across many forums I believe this to be true.

I've alluded to this before, but I weakly suspect it's two things (which are not intended to offend):

1) The Hawks are an exceptionally good team, and most likely the best team in the NFL, but they haven't won anything yet. The fanbase is as excited about the team as it has ever been, and deservedly so, but until they win it all with this team (which I expect them to do soon, and which wouldn't surprise a single NFL fan) there's going to be kind of a manic edge to some of that very deserved excitement. This kind of manic-edged excitement is compounded by #2.

2) The Seattle-Sports-Victim-Complex isn't universal, but it's a real thing. A proportion of the fanbase feels overlooked and ignored up there in the corner, and has also grown pretty fatalistic and just assumes that things always go wrong in the end. The Mariners were great through the mid to late 1990s but never won a championship. The Hawks were very good in the 80s and 2000s but never won a championship. The only team from Seattle that ever won a championship was bad, still totally beloved, and completely stolen from you guys only to start almost instantly competing on the national stage in the NBA for reasons completely unrelated to the change of scenery.

These two things are a wild cocktail to mix up. You have near manic excitement mixed in with a victim complex and some degree of fatalism. For some folks, no matter what they do, they just know they've been done worse (the worst of all of course, is having been ignored). Basically I think there's some crazy exhaling going on here, and a lot of the inane and celebratory angry 9ers threads (and the smilie, and the sigs) are just kind of some weird form of "payback" for something that most outsiders never even knew existed in the first place.

In the long run I think the team is friggin awesome though, I think they'll payoff on their awesomeness, and I think this weird sorta quirk of a really good collection of posters and fans will fade away into a more typical level of dislike for one's rival.

Sorry for the long post, and again, not intended to offend.

Hmm... thanks for the great reply. I'll be 100% honest, I truly don't consider the Seahawks a rival team. I'm not trying to say that as some kind of way to be snobby (or however it's being interpreted here), I just think that term is thrown around too loosely nowadays, and there needs to be some substance behind it. 30 years from now, will either of our teams even remember any of the games we've played so far? Besides the 43-13 game, I doubt it. So now we're supposed to have a rivalry because you blew us out in that game? Ok...

I just think it's this thing the media and NFL has created to get ratings and ticket sales. Which is what prompted my original question, why so much hate? It's not like we've eliminated you guys from the playoffs for the past 10 years.

And to those that think I only posed this question after beating the Rams... yeah, go look at the time stamp of my original post.

And go check out the other Niner threads, they were NOT all started by us (yes, yes, I realize this one was obviously).

Lastly, mods, please feel free to delete my account if you think I'm trolling. Clearly from the angry responses here I hit a nerve. Maybe you didn't want to hear it, but that's how many of us feel about your fanbase (being overly consumed with us).

Maybe this is hard for you to understand but your fanbase has been over bearing and obnoxious for years and with a couple good seasons they have become completely delusional. Maybe you don't go onto any of the 9ers fan sites so you aren't aware of it though even if you have been around here you should have been able to see the obnoxious ignorance being spewed by many 9er fans.

We have had to listen (or read) to many times how Harbaugh owns Carroll, how the Seahawks are pretenders and will be lucky to see 500 this year. How the 9ers are the best and classiest organization in football even while multiple of your players are getting accused of rape, shooting guns into crowds, breaking beer bottles over each others heads and producing DUI's at a record rate and while your coach and QB are repeatedly lighting up the douche signal on what seems like a daily basis. Lets not forget screwing their players out of millions of dollars while the Seahawks are giving players bonus's for no reason other than to say we believe you deserve this.

This list of ignorant rants and post's from your brethren is way to long to ignore so instead we are laughing at the weak ass sisters of the NFC west.

I will agree with you on the rivalry though. When one team is dominant and the other team is struggling to see 500 football it is hard to really take you guys seriously.

Many on here including myself predicted your team would struggle this season and explained why and it is happening pretty much exactly the way predicted. On your boards many have predicted we would struggle and well lets be honest they were predicting we would not make 500 and Pete would get fired but the things is, they had absolutely no reason for it other than blind hope and hate.

Go to the webzone and count how many times someone says they hate the Seahawks, Seahawks fans, Pete the cheat, Sherman on and on or how they wish someone would give Wilson a career ending injury or that Pete or Sherman would die and then maybe you'll have a better understanding of why we are not so fond of your team, fans or players. Actually there really is very little hate towards the players, mostly just laughing and pointing. Your coach on the other hand deserves all the hate he receives from here and everywhere else.

By the way this is what happens when you are pitted as the two best teams in football and division rivals. The media hypes you and blows up the rival button hoping that it truly becomes a rivalry. Unfortunately for that to happen both teams need to remain dominant and clearly the 9ers are not. The only question about your team now really is just how bad are they? Demoralized by the two good teams they have played and only able to beat lessor opponants and yes the Packers are a lessor opponent this year. The only team they have been able to beat is the winless Redskins though they did nearly beat you. Obviously your team and supposedly superior coaching staff and GM (that can't field a complete team) are nowhere near as good as the media hyped you up to be or as your brethren delusionally assumed they would be.

The argument that Hatbaugh was handed a nearly complete team while Pete had to build his is proving beyond any doubt that Harbaugh and Balke are complete frauds and Pete and John are truly the real deal. It makes Balkes executive of the year award even more hilarious.

You have a classless team, fanbase and organization that is obsessed with Seahawk nation to the point of chanting Seahawks suck after beating a different team on national television. Get over yourself. we don't hate your players or wish injury to any of them or your coaches. We simply seen you as frauds from the beginning and new it was just a matter of time before the wheels came off. Your season is all but over and your team sucks so go cry yourself to sleep and start looking at next years draft. Next off season just like every off season you can come back and start your delusional rants again but for now you just need to realize how ridiculous you sound.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Ha ha ha, that was hilarious (and true), Rich.

And after the Niners lose to Houston this weekend, it's over. No way they come back from a 3-game deficit to challenge for the division. They'll be fighting for a wild card, and I'm not sure they even have what it takes to go that far.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
This weekend is double jeopardy for the Niners. If we win in Indy and Houston beats the Niners that will completely bury any conversation of them being a great team, let alone even good. Power rankings will reflect the team they are actually fielding.

The fun part is even worse case scenario if we lose and they win it really is no big deal. We are on the second week of east coast road trips at 10:00am against another playoff team and they are at home against a potentially demoralized team compliments of us. So even worst case is really what most expect to happen and isn't really a reflection poorly on us.

PS I think Monday is going to be alot of fun.