Question for Seahawks fans, why do you hate the Niners ?

NorCalHawk12

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":1d2ou2zg said:
NorCalHawk12":1d2ou2zg said:
KCHawkGirl":1d2ou2zg said:
NorCalHawk12":1d2ou2zg said:
What does "supercilious" mean?
Silly or puffed up with arrogance or both with no basis like a popinjay or peacock.
So why does that stick-in-the-bum guy have to use such supercilious words to make a point. Geez, we're football fans, fercryinoutloud... :roll: :roll: :roll: :stirthepot: :sarcasm_off:
What stick in the mud? Hurlbaugh?
I meant CandlestickBum.

Throwdown

Reaction score
drdiags":3m49ad9b said:
I am sure this could be a picture of any fanbase. But this is what I think sports is headed for folks (I guess the glock is just a toy pistol for affects, but come on man!)

LMAOOOO what in the hell?!

If I saw those guys walking towards me I'd assume there was a buffet behind me, I'm not threatened at all by those sugar puffs.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
I'm a little late to the party, but I'll go ahead and comment anyway. I don't hate the 49ers whatsoever. As I shared in another thread, my best friend in the world is a lifelong 49ers fan. Like me, he's followed the team since the Montana and Dwight Clark days. He's not one of these obnoxious, stupid nut jobs whatsoever -- he's a very intelligent, well spoken, knowledgeable football fan. He's hilarious actually -- a guy that you really enjoy hanging out with because he can literally talk about anything and will generally keep you laughing. Believe it or not guys, these kinds of 49ers Fans actually DO exist (The Truth is Out There ... X Files music playing). The whole Seahawks-49ers fan thing has never gotten in the way of our friendship, as he and I have been best friends since 1991 (long before the Hawks and Niners were rivals). In those days of course, the Seahawks were in the AFC West, so in many ways I guess there's a part of me that still considers those teams rivals. I absolutely can't stand the Raiders and the Broncos to this day. Anyway, my best friend and I when we were in college used to watch 49ers games together -- we watched the '94 Super Bowl together --I very much liked that team and loved watching Montana, Rice, Ronnie Lott, Roger Craig, etc. back in the day. So no, I don't hate the 49ers whatsoever and in fact, love quite a few players on the current roster (love for Novorro Bowman to one day be a Seahawk).

No, the only problem I personally have is with obnoxious and/or in your face fans -- regardless of who the team is. Cheer like mad for your own team ... be loud ... be crazy ... show some pride and support for your team. But when someone starts to really get obnoxious and starts outright attacking the other team's fanbase, then to me that crosses the line. Yes, there's time for making playful fun of another team ... you know, the kind of fun you have razzing one another all in good humor when you're hanging out with the guys. That's cool and not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about stuff like what Dr. Diags posted on Pg. 7 ... that's the kind of stuff crosses the line. When you start doing that or began literally beating up the other team's fans ... then you're a menace, regardless of who you root for.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Here are a couple of pictures I took, AT THE SEAHAWKS vs FALCONS game.

epu3aqug.jpg

y3e2edyg.jpg

Giedi

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":3hoy9zpc said:
I'm a little late to the party, but I'll go ahead and comment anyway. I don't hate the 49ers whatsoever. As I shared in another thread, my best friend in the world is a lifelong 49ers fan. Like me, he's followed the team since the Montana and Dwight Clark days. He's not one of these obnoxious, stupid nut jobs whatsoever -- he's a very intelligent, well spoken, knowledgeable football fan. He's hilarious actually -- a guy that you really enjoy hanging out with because he can literally talk about anything and will generally keep you laughing. Believe it or not guys, these kinds of 49ers Fans actually DO exist (The Truth is Out There ... X Files music playing). The whole Seahawks-49ers fan thing has never gotten in the way of our friendship, as he and I have been best friends since 1991 (long before the Hawks and Niners were rivals). In those days of course, the Seahawks were in the AFC West, so in many ways I guess there's a part of me that still considers those teams rivals. I absolutely can't stand the Raiders and the Broncos to this day. Anyway, my best friend and I when we were in college used to watch 49ers games together -- we watched the '94 Super Bowl together --I very much liked that team and loved watching Montana, Rice, Ronnie Lott, Roger Craig, etc. back in the day. So no, I don't hate the 49ers whatsoever and in fact, love quite a few players on the current roster (love for Novorro Bowman to one day be a Seahawk).

No, the only problem I personally have is with obnoxious and/or in your face fans -- regardless of who the team is. Cheer like mad for your own team ... be loud ... be crazy ... show some pride and support for your team. But when someone starts to really get obnoxious and starts outright attacking the other team's fanbase, then to me that crosses the line. Yes, there's time for making playful fun of another team ... you know, the kind of fun you have razzing one another all in good humor when you're hanging out with the guys. That's cool and not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about stuff like what Dr. Diags posted on Pg. 7 ... that's the kind of stuff crosses the line. When you start doing that or began literally beating up the other team's fans ... then you're a menace, regardless of who you root for.
Agree. I have friends here on the boards and in real life who are die hard 'Hawk fans and I look up to them and they respect me and so on. I think - as is typical of any fan base on any NFL team (moreso the Raiders) - is the youthful exhuberance of the the youngsters. I think more youngsters commit crimes, and get killed driving recklessly than older folks do. So I pin the blame on all these rude and abusive actions and reactions on the fact that both teams are resurgent and have attracted a lot of band wagon fans that are probably no older than 15 in most case *and on both sides* and so both fan bases have an element of rambunctiousness that is reckless and quite rude. The minute either team goes 2-12, you won't see such stupid behavior from their fans anymore because the bandwagon fans have moved on to the latest team that is dominating the NFL. So I dont hold it against any team in the NFL when they come to the various BBS boards and rant, rave, and generally act like stupid idiots. It's just the way youth is sometimes.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
I've never seen Seahawks fans wishing death on Niner's fans. Wishing injury on star players. Praying that their planes crashes. Etc... I've seen all of that from Niners' fans. So ask me again who hates who more.

Terpdragon

Reaction score
I have never been able to stand the 49'rs for everything posted prior to me here. I haven't been able to stand them ever since Jerry Rice got all the love on a loaded 49'rs team and Largent got none except in Seattle on a non-loaded team. Largent is one of my favorite Seahawks players. Just think what he could have done on a loaded team. When he played, it was so fun to watch. Now, for me, the player that is fun to watch is Russel Wilson. I agree with the people who think when his career is done, he will be one of the best and a hall of famer. Anyway, the arrogance of their coach, quarterback, and fanbase is extremely annoying now.

rideaducati

Reaction score
pmedic920":hy0pgxyv said:
Here are a couple of pictures I took, AT THE SEAHAWKS vs FALCONS game.

epu3aqug.jpg

y3e2edyg.jpg

Dude in the bottom pic lost his wiener...or is that a turd that they are all worshipping?

lsheldon

Reaction score
Is that the entire Georgia 49'er fan club? 7 people if you count the guy taking the picture. Huge fan base.

Jayburd14

Reaction score
I have been reading this thread so I decided to give my :twocents: . I hate the current 49ers, but I don't hate the 49ers that won all the Superbowls, because it was Eddie DeBartolo that was instrumental in keeping the Seahawks in Seattle when Ken Behring wanted to move them to L.A.. He made Ken Behring look like a real dumbass in the owners meeting when he was trying to justify moving them to the Rose Bowl stadium.

Latest posts