Serious question...why do Niners fans hate you guys so much?

TwilightError

Reaction score
They hate us cause they fear us. Simple as that. Its good to be hated for that reason.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Why does Lex Luther hate Superman?
Why does Dr. Evil hate Austin Powers?
Why does Wile E Coyote hate the Road Runner?

It's just a classic good (the Seahawks) vs Evil (the Ninnys) scenario.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
TwilightError":1raywayw said:
They hate us cause they fear us. Simple as that. Its good to be hated for that reason.
I did say exactly the same upthread. Maybe they won't post a long and silly argument against your post because of your cool hawk avatar? One can always hope.

@Techworlds, good vs. evil? Simple and direct. It has "legs" trust me. Hurlbaugh doesn't even make the comparison hard to reach given his fashion sense and public demeanor. It's just too easy given he acts like a 2 year old in the middle of a temper tantrum every Sunday....

TwilightError

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":3oge8kui said:
TwilightError":3oge8kui said:
I did say exactly the same upthread. Maybe they won't post a long and silly argument against your post because of your cool hawk avatar? One can always hope.

Maybe they fear the Osprey too ;)

dunceface

Reaction score
TwilightError":1vlc5w9o said:
KCHawkGirl":1vlc5w9o said:
TwilightError":1vlc5w9o said:

Maybe they fear the Osprey too ;)

the hot dog represents our dominance and her crybabying represents their paralyzing fear of our dominance

Tumblr mmk9if3pf01qljnexo1 500

volsunghawk

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":24tgsl22 said:
The Hawks are good so people notice. Same reason Bengals fans hate Ravens fans. Same reason 9er and Hawks fans don't give a second thought to Cards or Rams fans. Division rivals, two good teams with very strong personalities leading the teams. Naturally 9er fans start spouting off about "5 rings" and we roll our eyes, making it worse.

Around here, 9er fans are historically poor sports and get themselves kicked out frequently. Only a few survived final cuts last season, and I know as a mod, I do not look forward to games against the 9ers because of all their fans that show up here and act the fool. Worst visiting fans in the league on this board, and I am sure I'd get a unanimous vote from our regular members on that one.

Not unanimous. Nobody touches fans of that team from DC.

Another theory why 49ers fans hate us so much is that the NFC West has seemed to go in cycles. At first, the Rams owned it with not much competition. Then, we owned it for a long stretch, again, with little competition. The Cards had it for a couple of seasons. And all the while, there was noise that "this year is the 49ers year!" that never materialized. But finally, things fell into place for San Fran and they took top spot in the division. But wait... they really only had it for a year with little competition (2011). By 2012, they were fighting tooth-and-nail to hold on to that top spot they'd been coveting since the division was formed. And they're scared as hell that this is the year they lose it. They're pissed because they know their window is in serious jeopardy for the foreseeable future.

Hawknight

Reaction score
BuddyRyans46":2d9i67ah said:
I understand the whole divisional rivalry dynamic, but there seems to be a lot of PERSONAL animosity between fans of the two teams. Since you guys have never been traditional rivals, can someone please explain to me where all of the hard feelings between the two fan bases came from?! Just curious. I just read a thread over on their board (linked below) and I was honestly stunned by how many of them hate the Seahawks AND their fans. In my experience, Seattle fans are pretty cool.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niner ... 49ers-foe/

Because somebody has it better than them!

Kixkahn

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":3gmb3si1 said:
The Hawks are good so people notice. Same reason Bengals fans hate Ravens fans. Same reason 9er and Hawks fans don't give a second thought to Cards or Rams fans. Division rivals, two good teams with very strong personalities leading the teams. Naturally 9er fans start spouting off about "5 rings" and we roll our eyes, making it worse.

Around here, 9er fans are historically poor sports and get themselves kicked out frequently. Only a few survived final cuts last season, and I know as a mod, I do not look forward to games against the 9ers because of all their fans that show up here and act the fool. Worst visiting fans in the league on this board, and I am sure I'd get a unanimous vote from our regular members on that one.
You've got our votes on that for sure. 98% of 49ers fans comments are just a rude disrespectful.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
BuddyRyans46":2kzl1g3t said:
well said, beasthawk. Well said. :)

For the record, I merely used that term because that was their verb of choice when describing how much the detest the Hawks and their fans. Personally, I don't believe in "hating" anyone or anything, with the exception of Winston Churchill.

Huh? :229031_confused2:

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Fandom is damn near impossible to define. One of my closest friends is a Niner fan, and when he sat beside me and saw his team crushed last year, I felt bad. Had to watch the game a second time by myself to get what had just transpired. But above all else, he is a football fan before he is a Niner fan, we could watch peewee ball and break down tape of that game. We love the game, so we get along. But after that game, I went and read a couple of Niner boards just so I could read and drink their tears.

The civic pride/tribal/bandwagoner/player lovers that are part of every fan base are damned hard to take. We got em, you got em, and the Niners got em. They are patently dishonest mother truckers and for them football is a big show that they get to be part of. I think we all have that side to our fandom, but you gotta keep that bastard in check, because he/she makes you stupid and hateful.

Exhibit A: The HTTR crowd from DC. Lawd ahmighty,you have to sign a pledge to RGIII to even sign up for some of their sites.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
It's because the goon they hired to turn the lights out on the Seattle game last fall failed! As did they!

Just as Baltimore!

OP
OP
BuddyRyans46

BuddyRyans46

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":2z1fu9r8 said:
Tical21":2z1fu9r8 said:
I never had any dislike towards niner fans until recently. Heck, their fanbase was dormant for the better part of my life. I had no reason to think they would be like they are. First, the average IQ is lower than any fanbase for any team I have ever seen. Really, I'm not just saying that. Read their boards. They spend more time arguing with their own trolls than they do talking football. Passion? Sure. Intelligence? Not exactly. The Niner fans were in hiding for two decades, just waiting for a chance to puff out their chest. They had one winning season and came out of the woodwork, acting like they've just won the last 8 Super Bowls. I've come to find they're the most sore winners on the planet. Every last one of them believes they are more important than anybody else simply because they are 49er fans, and truly believe they are entitled.

Now, here come the Seahawks, whom they never knew existed a decade ago, as a threat to all the glory they feel they deserve, but they don't think we've done anything to earn it. It is like they think they are the gatekeeper, and we owe them a toll if we want to pass through. In short, they dislike us because we refuse to kiss their ass for the rings they won decades ago, and bow before the greatness that is The Niner Fan.
Well said. Like you I grew up when the 49ers were THE team to beat. I actually lived 5 minutes outside San Francisco and at least a third of my relatives still live in San Francisco/Oakland and the immediate surrounding area. So this is pretty much my exact opinion also.

KCHAWKHOTTIE, just out of curiosity - If you grew up in SF with a bunch of Niners fans in your family, why/how did you become a Seattle Seahawks fan? Was it because of a dude?! :0190l: :0190l: :49ersmall:

Stephen SeaHawking

Reaction score
Several reasons...
1. They see a fan base that sticks by their team through the good times and the bad. It drives them nuts. Most 49ers fans are actually just "Northern California Sports" fans who switch back and forth between the Raiders and 49ers, according to whoever is currently the best Bay Area team.

2. The Seahawks have dominated the division since re-alignment.

3. They see a team with toughness and heart - two qualities that their team does not possess. Nothing can be more demonstrative than this than the hit on Vernon Davis. The guy left the game just because he got hit hard. I mean, even the Bills showed us more heart and played with more toughness than the 49ers did against us in our last matchup.

4. Our QB ends every interview with "Go Hawks." Their QB wears the logos and gear of another NFL team and then criticizes his own fans for objecting. How would that not drive you crazy?

5. Our stadium and our fans are the loudest in the league. At their stadium, the fans are the most...likely to stab you?

6. Seattle despite its smaller population than San Francisco has significantly outshadowed it over the last 30 years. Seattle has been a cultural engine for the rest of the united states - spreading everything from cafe culture to grunge/alternative music to altering business/buying practices through companies like Amazon. San Francisco, on the other hand, has become very stagnant -- its greatest cultural contributions in the distant past. I'm not saying every 49ers fan keeps this at the forefront of their mind, but there is definitely the feeling that Seattle has far surpassed SF in regional and national relevance.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Stephen SeaHawking":3ui94rz4 said:
Several reasons...
1. They see a fan base that sticks by their team through the good times and the bad. It drives them nuts. Most 49ers fans are actually just "Northern California Sports" fans who switch back and forth between the Raiders and 49ers, according to whoever is currently the best Bay Area team.

3. They see a team with toughness and heart - two qualities that their team does not possess. Nothing can be more demonstrative than this than the hit on Vernon Davis. The guy left the game just because he got hit hard. I mean, even the Bills showed us more heart and played with more toughness than the 49ers did against us in our last matchup.

4. Our QB ends every interview with "Go Hawks." Their QB wears the logos and gear of another NFL team and then criticizes his own fans for objecting. How would that not drive you crazy?

5. Our stadium and our fans are the loudest in the league. At their stadium, the fans are the most...likely to stab you?

6. Seattle despite its smaller population than San Francisco has significantly outshadowed it over the last 30 years. Seattle has been a cultural engine for the rest of the united states - spreading everything from cafe culture to grunge/alternative music to altering business/buying practices through companies like Amazon. San Francisco, on the other hand, has become very stagnant -- its greatest cultural contributions in the distant past. I'm not saying every 49ers fan keeps this at the forefront of their mind, but there is definitely the feeling that Seattle has far surpassed SF in regional and national relevance.
I have to disagree with #3. That's a damn tough team and they have a lot of heart. The hit on VD? He left with a concussion. Did you expect him to suck it up and get back out there?

Stephen SeaHawking

Reaction score
-The Glove-":2ewtuiav said:
Stephen SeaHawking":2ewtuiav said:
Several reasons...

I have to disagree with #3. That's a damn tough team and they have a lot of heart. The hit on VD? He left with a concussion. Did you expect him to suck it up and get back out there?
I'm sorry but we just straight up bullied them that game. We took their lunch money. If you are a tough team you do not get steam rolled like that. You at least put up a fight.

The Radish

Reaction score
Its more than that really. In the years the Niners were winning they were a class act. Hell even I was a fan of the Eddie DiBartillo teams. They were open to the fans and the media were darlings of both. But the NFL was not pleased with this guy who was the first to figure a way around this new "salary cap" thing. And who had almost won 3 Superb Owls in a row.

After the debacle of the gambling charges that allowed the NFL to finally get rid of that upstart out west the team passed to Eddie's sister, whose husband Mr. York took over operation of the team. They just stopped supporting improvements to the team, brought Mooch in and somehow he managed to keep them in the thick of things with no support from the main office for a couple more years then they began to fade rather quickly. Sadly Mariucci didn't learn about the no support thing enough and went to Detroit where he was again blamed for not producing miracles with nothing.

The Yorks are among the "elite" of San Francisco's society so don't want their hands to be sullied by being connected to an football team. (well except for the money). A steady decline in fan base and status of the team resulted. Now I believe a nephew of Eddie runs the team and he has some football background and has worked to get them back to the top.

Problem is the damage has been done with the Yorks and the organization is still closed to the common people. Hell she one time left the game when a night game TV crew were talking about her and showed them in the skybox. She didn't want the riff raff to see her in person. That perception is still predominant in the team structure. They want to own an NFL team but don't want to actually touch it.

I was in the Coast Guard in the 60s and was at an open house they held on an off season weekend. Got to meet many of the team including John Brodie who later became a better golfer than a QB.

So now the organization has to overcome their better than thou perception. I'm really surprised the York family hasn't put a clamp on Harbaughs antics because they must hate that big time.

And of course there was no internet then so you had to come out and show your support to the masses with the risk of getting your face knocked in if you offended someone.

:les:

Yakima Hawkster

Reaction score
BuddyRyans46":og7orqy4 said:

For the record, I merely used that term because that was their verb of choice when describing how much the detest the Hawks and their fans. Personally, I don't believe in "hating" anyone or anything, with the exception of Winston Churchill.

You hate Winston Churchill?

OP
OP
BuddyRyans46

BuddyRyans46

Reaction score
Yakima Hawkster":3pvkln5i said:
BuddyRyans46":3pvkln5i said:

You hate Winston Churchill?

^^^Never been a fan of that fat, overrated, grandstanding, hypocritical alcoholic, but with that having been said, let's try to stay on point. This is neither the time nor the place for a discussion about that drunkard. We are discussing why the Niners fans harbor an irrational hatred for Hawks fans. Some excellent points have been brought to bear thus far. Let's keep it up, gang. :0190l: :0190l:

Latest posts