Seahawks Sign Michael Bennett!!! one year 5 MM

themunn

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":1gxja2c1 said:
Ok but to be realistic they won't all be on the field at the same time. Only 2 of them will likely play at the same time so it's kinda a moot point to calculate their combined sack numbers from last year.

Situational pass rushers get more sacks per snap because they're fresher?

Take Bruce Irvin as a perfect example, when he had to play 3 downs against the Falcons he was ineffective. Bring him in 20 times a game and he's a nightmare. Imagine that impact but with every single snap. By the end of the game tackles and tight ends are exhausted and it's easy pickings

Wasteland2112

Reaction score
WOW...PCJS are gonna have some fun in the draft now, moves like these totally give them the freedom to make any kind of move they want for the players they want, without handcuffing themselves. Totally see them packaging picks and Flynn to grab certain players they feel have that unique toolset to fit this team like a glove!

12th_Bob

Reaction score
All your Owlz belong to us!

YesYesYesYesYesYes!!!!!!

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
themunn":rzd4n5ao said:
HawksSoc":rzd4n5ao said:
HawksSoc":rzd4n5ao said:
Also, anyone project the starting front 4 for week one now?

Bryant - Rookie - Mebane - Bennett maybe?

Or

Bryant - Bennett - Mebane - Avril

Or even

Bennett - Rookie - Mebane - Avril (sorry Red)

Avril - Bennett - Mebane - Clemons (if recovered) - Irvin

With Wags, KJ and Kam just behind, ET deep and Browner and Sherm patrolling the sidelines.

HOW DO YOU DEFEND THAT ****

Maybe moving Big Red inside is starting to make more sense now?

kidhawk

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":no592vrl said:
Ok but to be realistic they won't all be on the field at the same time. Only 2 of them will likely play at the same time so it's kinda a moot point to calculate their combined sack numbers from last year.

Nope, we can have 3 on the field at any given time. Bennett plays inside at DT, then you have some combination of Avril/Clemons/Irvin at DE when Big Red isn't in there.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3hugkfcr said:
Exactly what I thought and predicted they would do: Address DE/DT in free agency.

Mee too, and I think adding more Offense in the draft TE please and mabye even a big WR to compete with Tate at the X, I think he will bail next year and I'd rather have a guy with some familiarity with the offense.

jake206

Reaction score
NASCAR formation...Bennett, Avril, Clemons, Irvin...vrooooom!

SDHawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":3te14l4m said:
therealjohncarlson":3te14l4m said:

Nope, we can have 3 on the field at any given time. Bennett plays inside at DT, then you have some combination of Avril/Clemons/Irvin at DE when Big Red isn't in there.

On .com, Pete says that Avril can play linebacker. I'm guessing Irvin can do the same. Theres just so many different options we can work with.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Softy said the PC talked about Avril playing OLB as well.

kidhawk

Reaction score
SDHawk":wios9u41 said:
kidhawk":wios9u41 said:
therealjohncarlson":wios9u41 said:

On .com, Pete says that Avril can play linebacker. I'm guessing Irvin can do the same. Theres just so many different options we can work with.

True enough..I was merely pointing out that he was overlooking the main position Bennett will likely play here and that is DT. He, like Jones, is labeled a DE, but in our scheme will play mostly DT.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Wenhawk":33604ael said:
FlyingGreg":33604ael said:
Exactly what I thought and predicted they would do: Address DE/DT in free agency.

Mee too, and I think adding more Offense in the draft TE please and mabye even a big WR to compete with Tate at the X, I think he will bail next year and I'd rather have a guy with some familiarity with the offense.

Agreed. I never thought we would be going DL crazy in the draft like so many pundits think.

I'll almost guarantee we go LB, TE or big WR at #56.

Lithium

Reaction score
slow-clap-o.gif

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
You get the feeling Darrell Bevell and Dan Quinn are going to stay up late for the next several months dreaming up all sorts of ways to use their new toys and cackling like mad scientists?

Seriously, though, we don't just have new, good players. We have new, good players that give us so many different options it's crazy.

H4WKSF4N

Reaction score
Why does everyone keep saying draft a WR? Rice, harvin and Tate is pretty young and solid. I see LB and DE/DT a priority since they will need to get younger at these positions.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
H4WKSF4N":858ho26d said:
Why does everyone keep saying draft a WR? Rice, harvin and Tate is pretty young and solid. I see LB and DE/DT a priority since they will need to get younger at these positions.

Because we need size. Outside of Rice, we have a lot of short dudes. Having a 6-3+ type would be nice.

w00t

Reaction score
Defense is gonna be nuts this season. :)

Lady Talon

Reaction score
all these top signings are almost too good to be true. John Schneider is a demigod.

Greenhell

Reaction score
I was one day off predicting the Bennett signing. Now, excuse me while I go change my shorts.