Justin Madubuike or Leonard Williams?

renofox

Reaction score
Williams will be declining by the time this team is ready to seriously compete.

Mad will cost too much. We would have to skimp too much in other areas of need. Going from replacement level DT to blue chipper is great. But of it causes you to have scrubs at LB and S the overall defense is worse.

Parallax

Reaction score
Williams will be declining by the time this team is ready to seriously compete.

Mad will cost too much. We would have to skimp too much in other areas of need. Going from replacement level DT to blue chipper is great. But of it causes you to have scrubs at LB and S the overall defense is worse.
The trenches are pretty important so I'd love to resign Williams but, like you say, not at any price. The picks Carroll pissed away are gone so that's not a reason to pay too much. If he gives us a hometown discount, great. If not, move on and don't look back.

renofox

Reaction score
The trenches are pretty important so I'd love to resign Williams but, like you say, not at any price. The picks Carroll pissed away are gone so that's not a reason to pay too much. If he gives us a hometown discount, great. If not, move on and don't look back.
The Seahawks currently have Dre'Mont Jones, Jarren Reed, Cameron Young, and Bryan Mone (probable cap casualty) on the roster, plus ERFA Myles Adams who hasn't got snaps while in PCs doghouse.

IDL rostered is usually 5-6. Jones may be better in MM's system and we can't save any money with a release and equivalent FA. Reed is fine. Young needs snaps. Is Adams reclaimable?

1-3 IDL needed. Lots of depth and potential in the draft so they should get one there. It would be nice to get a + player to add to that group. Williams (+++) at $13-15.0 or a (+) FA (lots of FA IDL + players this year) at 8.0-10.0 should give MM plenty to work with.

Williams at 20.0? No way, IMO. Too many other needs.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
I lean toward Williams because he'd probably be the cheaper option given their respective profiles.

I agree that you don't want to throw good money after bad (draft picks are gone), but if he signs a reasonable, multi-year deal, he's the type of piece that will be useful to start things off right and help build a new winning culture.

QWERTY

Reaction score
Neither please let's go like McVay did. They went 10-7 and were straight competing against Detroit.

That's different. They have Aaron Donald.

All you need to do is build pieces around him and anyone can shine.

bigcc

Reaction score
We need to take a page from the Ravens' playbook. Never trade away draft picks. Invest in scouting so you can make smart picks. Draft for talent, not for position. Look for star power there. Don't spend big on free agents. Wait for the wild spending spree to pass and see who's still available at positions of need
Dalvin cook
Odell Beckham
Jadaveon clowney
Roquan Smith (lmao)
Kevin zeitler

Homegrown heroes

(just this year btw)

bigcc

Reaction score
Neither please let's go like McVay did. They went 10-7 and were straight competing against Detroit.
Lol.... Seahawks were one point away from flipping records with the rams (shoutout to lock and Myers), except we beat the lions.

Yet here we are literally praising McVay after all the Pete bashing for *checks notes* having strikingly similar seasons. Makes sense

IndyHawk

Reaction score
You get rid of Me3s stupid contract and somehow we are in cap hell now?
I'm having a hard time understanding how Dallas and Niners seem to pay
everyone and yet we never hear about cap issues.
I get some of this cap game is voodoo numbers according to @Fade but it's
a tired act of hearing 100 versions of creating cap space.
I almost want to tank this season - Dump all the big contacts with cuts, trades
and take the massive hit on next season to clear up tons of space for the following
year with high picks for the reboot.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
I almost guarantee we have Williams or Madubuike are on the roster, highly doubt both, with what we are already paying Jones. I'm really looking forward to what Mac is able to get out of Mike Morris & Cameron Young?
This is more along the lines of what I'm thinking. You're not getting Madubuike, the Ravens aren't letting 13 sacks walk out the door. Give Jones another year under Macdonald to see what he can do, restructure if you can. Know that you have Mike Morris and Cameron Young in the wings ready to make an impact.

Try to retain Williams, but to do that they're going to need to restructure or cut Adams, Lockett, Diggs & Dissly. The last three I really hope they can retain. Diggs could use a year under MM to see if he can return to form before cutting him for good but it he won't budge on his contract it may be time to move on.

When you look at the contracts for Adams, Jones and Williams it almost seems like Pete knew he was on the hot seat and was trying to reach for all he could for wins.

bman75

Reaction score
If it's possible for only 1 (most likely won't be available to afford either) which would you like for the hawks to sign?

nanomoz

Reaction score
Madabuike isn't going anywhere. You don't let young, interior disruptors get away.

morgulon1

Reaction score
might be tough to sign either one of these guys. The Seahawks have some cap issues upcoming. They're going to have to do some creative maneuvering if they want to sign anybody of this magnitude.
I've wondered if Seattle doesn't rip the bandaid off and do a reset. They have so many
heavy contracts to deal with . Close to 50MM tied up in Diggs and Adams alone.
They could go into 2025 with a healthy cap.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
I've wondered if Seattle doesn't rip the bandaid off and do a reset. They have so many
heavy contracts to deal with . Close to 50MM tied up in Diggs and Adams alone.
They could go into 2025 with a healthy cap.
So, if we cut Diggs, Adams, Lockett, Dissely Dremont Jones and Mone, we're looking at around 37 million in cap space. Of course, our TE room would be pretty empty at that point as Dissley, Fant and Parkinson would all potentially be gone as Parkinson and Fant are FA's.

Cutting Geno saves us a ton as well, but I doubt that is going to happen.

Rat

Reaction score
Mad is getting tagged if the Ravens don't reach a deal with him before the deadline. I'd let that dream go. Probably the same with Christian Wilkins too. DJ Reader could be more realistic, since the Bengals are more likely to prioritize Tee Higgins among their current FAs. I assume Chris Jones will be too expensive for us.

Scout

Reaction score
Williams.

Williams is more unique in that he can play any position on the line. Because of that you can move him around to cause confusion while Williams is supremely athletically gifted to bring pressure from any position on the line with a hand in the dirt. That is how Bowles used him when he first entered the league and Macdonald can really use him to be a swiss army knife on the line.

12forlife

Reaction score
Williams.

Williams is more unique in that he can play any position on the line. Because of that you can move him around to cause confusion while Williams is supremely athletically gifted to bring pressure from any position on the line with a hand in the dirt. That is how Bowles used him when he first entered the league and Macdonald can really use him to be a swiss army knife on the line.
He is this teams version of Michael Bennett! And that is a good thing!

morgulon1

Reaction score
So, if we cut Diggs, Adams, Lockett, Dissely Dremont Jones and Mone, we're looking at around 37 million in cap space. Of course, our TE room would be pretty empty at that point as Dissley, Fant and Parkinson would all potentially be gone as Parkinson and Fant are FA's.

Cutting Geno saves us a ton as well, but I doubt that is going to happen.
I just realized this will probably be at least a 2 season reset. Too many holes ,
Bloated contracts