Justin Madubuike or Leonard Williams?

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
I've wondered if Seattle doesn't rip the bandaid off and do a reset. They have so many
heavy contracts to deal with . Close to 50MM tied up in Diggs and Adams alone.
They could go into 2025 with a healthy cap.
I wonder if this would be perfect timing for that, as the defense/offense will have a bit of an adjustment period under Macdonald. It would be the right year to do it in.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Remember Madubuike's stats are good, to an extent, because Macdonald is really good at causing chaos on the oline. He made all Dlineman look good. Williams will benefit from him massively too. As will Mafe and Nwosu and Reed and...

chris98251

Reaction score
I would add, Macdonald is putting in a new system, remember when we brought Clemons in, moved Red to DE, then added a few others to the mix and all of a sudden the Line looked good, who was Clemons, he was about to get cut, Red was a bust, we cycled to next phase with Avril and Bennett, again a system can unleash the talent that is there but not used effectively.

12forlife

Reaction score
I wonder if this would be perfect timing for that, as the defense/offense will have a bit of an adjustment period under Macdonald. It would be the right year to do it in.
Now I can see the offense struggling with Geno or rookie learning the new offense.
Our Defense on the other hand could possibly be really good? The cupboard isn't bare. Nwosu & Mafe DE, Spoon, Woolen & Brown CB, Love & Reed S Hopefully Williams & Jones DL +Young & Morris.
If we can score Geno Stone S & Patrick Queen LB we would have the basics covered leaving us needing in the draft & FA 1-2 LB, 0/1 tech, and Depth at most positions. If this squad can improve tackling and pick up Mac's scheme then we should be solid year 1! I know Queen is gonna be expensive, but he is only 24, and would come in as the QB of our Defense?

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Now I can see the offense struggling with Geno or rookie learning the new offense.
Our Defense on the other hand could possibly be really good? The cupboard isn't bare. Nwosu & Mafe DE, Spoon, Woolen & Brown CB, Love & Reed S Hopefully Williams & Jones DL +Young & Morris.
If we can score Geno Stone S & Patrick Queen LB we would have the basics covered leaving us needing in the draft & FA 1-2 LB, 0/1 tech, and Depth at most positions. If this squad can improve tackling and pick up Mac's scheme then we should be solid year 1! I know Queen is gonna be expensive, but he is only 24, and would come in as the QB of our Defense?
You know what, after further thought I remembered that Macdonald would scheme around the current players instead of trying to do things the Ravens' way as he said in the presser. Disregard my concerns lol.

12forlife

Reaction score
You know what, after further thought I remembered that Macdonald would scheme around the current players instead of trying to do things the Ravens' way as he said in the presser. Disregard my concerns lol.
I have a feeling we should all just take a deep breath and enjoy the ride!! Plus sitting on the edge of our seats until the draft & FA pass. Who gets cut, who gets restructured? What kinda guys does the new regime target? This board will go into complete meltdown with people loving and hating incoming players and players we lose/cut. Haha let the games begin! Go Hawks!!

morgulon1

Reaction score
Yep. And he will be able to establish his scheme and determine who will stay .

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I just realized this will probably be at least a 2 season reset. Too many holes ,
Bloated contracts
I almost think it is a 2 year reset because why would you give MM a
6 year deal when 4 is the norm?
I can see why though, the team is a mess. I'd like to know who was just
throwing money around at mid players?