Justin Madubuike or Leonard Williams?

bileever

Reaction score
This is just a pipe dream because there is no way we can afford him, but the Raven's Madubuike, PFF's 6th-ranked free agent would be a great addition, and if we were going to sign Williams (PFF #16, projected $17 million per year), would it make sense to go for Madubuike instead, even if he is going to be more expensive (projected $24 million)?

sutz

Reaction score
I consider re-signing Williams to be a priority first. Would be nice to have both. ;)

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
I consider re-signing Williams to be a priority first. Would be nice to have both. ;)
That is going to be tough as well even with restructuring and/or releasing (Adams diggs dissly Lockett)

I think we release the first 3 and restructure Lockett (maybe/hopefully) - maybe - big maybe - get a deal with Leonard’s and/or Brooks and then look to the draft. And draft defense heavy (after a QB) and oline - maybe trade back in the draft to snag a second. If possible.

I’d like to let Mike cook. In the science lab. And create a Frankenstein. A controlled psychotic nasty hyper focused monster.

Nv_Hawks

Reaction score
What could MM do with Williams hmmmm. He did wonders for Clowny.

12forlife

Reaction score
I almost guarantee we have Williams or Madubuike are on the roster, highly doubt both, with what we are already paying Jones. I'm really looking forward to what Mac is able to get out of Mike Morris & Cameron Young?

bigcc

Reaction score
That is going to be tough as well even with restructuring and/or releasing (Adams diggs dissly Lockett)

I think we release the first 3 and restructure Lockett (maybe/hopefully) - maybe - big maybe - get a deal with Leonard’s and/or Brooks and then look to the draft. And draft defense heavy (after a QB) and oline - maybe trade back in the draft to snag a second. If possible.

I’d like to let Mike cook. In the science lab. And create a Frankenstein. A controlled psychotic nasty hyper focused monster.
Draft qb and move/cut geno.

Cap room can be created through extensions/restructuring as well, don't necessarily need to cut any big names (including geno but he's not the future).

I'd take leonard over brooks in a heartbeat it's not even really a debate, MUCH easier to find a mid inside linebacker than a disruptive 3-4 de.

The fact that they didn't take brooks 5th year is kind of telling.

EDIT: madubuike is probably a lost cause anyways btw, I find it very difficult to believe the Ravens wouldn't tag him if it comes to it

Difficult to say which I'd choose as I didn't watch Madubuike very closely, but I can certainly say there's literally no chance the seahawks get both, so I'm not sure why anyone would mention it lol

Last edited:

bigcc

Reaction score
I predict at least 2 Ravens free agents joining the Seahawks in 2924 to help install the defensive scheme.
That's a long wait

Looked it up out of curiosity, ravens have 12 defensive ufa's (a decent amount of offensive ones as well) and 5 mil cap space, they're definitely going to lose some guys.

5 of them are cbs and 2 safeties though....

2 wouldn't surprise me, but I'm leaning more towards one and probably a rotational player

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
might be tough to sign either one of these guys. The Seahawks have some cap issues upcoming. They're going to have to do some creative maneuvering if they want to sign anybody of this magnitude.

getnasty

Reaction score
It really doesn't matter if we spent a 2nd on Williams. If MM likes Madubuike better then that's the guy you sign. Sign Madubioke and pretend you spent a second on him if it makes you feel better.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
This is just a pipe dream because there is no way we can afford him, but the Raven's Madubuike, PFF's 6th-ranked free agent would be a great addition, and if we were going to sign Williams (PFF #16, projected $17 million per year), would it make sense to go for Madubuike instead, even if he is going to be more expensive (projected $24 million)?

We are probably sellers, not buyers this year. Gotta get the cap sitch sorted out before we start adding that “one piece”. Pete’s been pushing cap issues down the road such that we have little renegotiation wiggle room.

Parallax

Reaction score
Williams. We spent a 2nd Rounder on him and I think he lead the league in QB pressures?
Makes no difference we spent a 2nd and a 5th. It's a sunk cost. Those picks are gone. Signing him does not bring them back.

He's a pretty good player. If we can afford him and he is willing to sign a reasonable contract, fine. But if he's wanting a contract with whoever is going to pay the most, my preference is to let him walk. Maybe we get a compensatory pick.

Madubuike's a pipe dream. Pete spent every last dollar of cap space and just getting through this season is going to require big cuts. Trouble is letting go of guys like Adams and Diggs accelerates the payment of their bonus money. We need to do it but we're not going to have a big pile of cash lying around.

We need to take a page from the Ravens' playbook. Never trade away draft picks. Invest in scouting so you can make smart picks. Draft for talent, not for position. Look for star power there. Don't spend big on free agents. Wait for the wild spending spree to pass and see who's still available at positions of need who might sign at reasonable value.

Do this year in and year out while coaching your players in a way that supports them to be successful, and scheming in a way that takes advantage of their talents. That's how you build a great team like the Ravens.

We'll have to start picking QBs in the draft, when we see value, and keep doing it until we find someone special who can carry the team. Might not happen in year one. Or year two or three. Still, it's the only way, as a team needs one of those guys in order to be successful. Either that or incredibly stacked in other ways (like the 49ers). Purdy isn't a guy whose talent flies off the screen but he's smart most of the time and knows how to run the offense that's been schemed around him. He's way better than his Mr. Irrelevant draft status would indicate. And he plays for cheap on a rookie contract. To make that work, a team needs a guy who is brilliant in designing an offense.

Parallax

Reaction score
We are probably sellers, not buyers this year. Gotta get the cap sitch sorted out before we start adding that “one piece”. Pete’s been pushing cap issues down the road such that we have little renegotiation wiggle room.
Right, and it's that "one piece" mentality that got us here. This is a rebuild year. Maybe not a full tear down and rebuild but not the year to go all in on making a deep playoff run. We need at least a year or three to build through the draft and through coaching and development. Will be great to have a head coach who gets that at long last.