Seahawks Sign Michael Bennett!!! one year 5 MM

SDHawk

Reaction score
True enough..I was merely pointing out that he was overlooking the main position Bennett will likely play here and that is DT. He, like Jones, is labeled a DE, but in our scheme will play mostly DT.

duly noted, but I was agreeing with your point that we could have 3 or more pass rushers playing at once. I like Clem/Bennett/Mebane/Avril and Irvin at OLB and someone like a blitzing Matt Elam on nickel packages.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":5317pnnq said:
H4WKSF4N":5317pnnq said:
Why does everyone keep saying draft a WR? Rice, harvin and Tate is pretty young and solid. I see LB and DE/DT a priority since they will need to get younger at these positions.

Because we need size. Outside of Rice, we have a lot of short dudes. Having a 6-3+ type would be nice.

Yep, like Mike Williams was in 2010, like Pete hoped Kris Durham would be for us in 2011 and hoped Evan Moore would be for us last year. It's the last piece of the offensive puzzle.

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3ajl7jwp said:
H4WKSF4N":3ajl7jwp said:
Why does everyone keep saying draft a WR? Rice, harvin and Tate is pretty young and solid. I see LB and DE/DT a priority since they will need to get younger at these positions.

Because we need size. Outside of Rice, we have a lot of short dudes. Having a 6-3+ type would be nice.

Yeah, like Marcus Davis.

TheLargentLine

Reaction score
The amount of clueless people talking about how we are going to hit "cap hell" or are comparing us the Eagles as "dream team v2.0" is hilarious! I cannot wait to start smashing faces and see them sitting around 2 - 3 years from now saying "wtf wtf wtf??" hahaha

SuperHawks

Reaction score
Exactly. The best part about all the moves the Seahawks are making is that they're "All In" for 2013 yet still have plenty of chips left for the future.

Axx

Reaction score
i have heard great things about tampas d-line last year. It was the teams strength by far.

I was extremely dissapointed with Red Bryant last year, He will never pressure the QB which i would be ok with if he was a run stuffer which he is not. I saw him get hooked to many times last year and teams just run right past him.

A World Peace

Reaction score
SuperHawks":3k4ee5jk said:
Exactly. The best part about all the moves the Seahawks are making is that they're "All In" for 2013 yet still have plenty of chips left for the future.

To be fair, he did play with a foot injury the majority of the season

HawkFan72

Reaction score
A World Peace":1au3avnm said:
SuperHawks":1au3avnm said:

Yeah, I am hoping he will bounce back and play like he did in 2011.

Floridahawk79

Reaction score
Axx":ztgichid said:
i have heard great things about tampas d-line last year. It was the teams strength by far.

I was extremely dissapointed with Red Bryant last year, He will never pressure the QB which i would be ok with if he was a run stuffer which he is not. I saw him get hooked to many times last year and teams just run right past him.

I agree, can't say I'm that impressed with Red but with Quinn back maybe he'll be better.

TheLargentLine

Reaction score
A World Peace":3crftu4y said:
SuperHawks":3crftu4y said:

derp

SDHawk

Reaction score
PCJS does not reward the rational and realistic.

Realists were made fools last year when they said that an undersized rookie would not be the starting QB. He went on to shatter records.

This year, anyone saying that we couldnt afford high end pass rushers had egg on their face after the whirlwind of deals we experienced in the last few days. God favors the Seahawks.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Axx":34t59hiq said:

People here are so fickle. Bryant IS a run stuffer. Anyone here who thinks he is not doesn't really pay attention to football or doesn't understand the game.

Yes he had a down season, no it's not because he got paid. The man is a monster, and played on a foot injury that a lot of guys of his size wouldn't even get on the field with. Before the injury, he was playing great, and after the injury, our defense actually declined especially in the run protection. Combine that with Kam's ankle injury and our run defense was weakened quite a bit the last part of the season. These two getting an off season to heal will improve that aspect again.

XxxZagnutxxX

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":20kska1k said:
H4WKSF4N":20kska1k said:

Since when was size ever a factor on this team? :p

Floridahawk79

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3hf5r6ed said:
Where's Kearly??? If anyone can push this thread over the edge to 11, it's him. I can't believe the moves we've made. They have really gone for the jugular this year. ALL IN.

He's knee deep in re arranging his mock draft.

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
I can see us now trying to coax a trade from somebody on draft day for our fourth rounder to recoup our third rounder from next year...or try and trade our 2nd for somebody's 1st next year

Blitzer88

Reaction score
This is amazing, what a great signing! JS and Pete are on a whole nother level right now.

However......I do not want to be called the Dream team and turn out like the Eagles a couple years ago.