Russell's Slow Start Is Because...

Russell's Slow Start Is Because...

• He feels sorry for the opponents so he's trying to act human.

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • He wants the OL to be humbled before they experience greatness.

Votes: 12 18.2%
  • Harbaugh's voodoo curse actually has some juice.

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • I have a better answer (read my response).

Votes: 30 45.5%

• Total voters

TCS

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":31zd1tne said:
There are a lot of reasons for the struggles, many of which have been mentioned in this thread. Don't forget that two of his favorite targets - Zach Miller and Sidney Rice - missed most all of training camp and that means they missed tons of reps.

Not having Mike Rob is a big factor, as I knew it would be.

I have not been impressed with Bevell's play calling or the overall offensive game plan in either of the first two games. Where are the shots downfield? Where was Kearse vs SF? What are we doing with Willson? There was not one target at either Kearse or Willson vs SF. With a full off-season and everyone back in place, we should be further along as an offense.

Taking nothing away from the fact that Carolina and SF are two very good defenses (although Buffalo found a way to score 24 points vs the Panthers), there are a lot of nagging little issues holding the offense back right now.

This...

I honestly think that RW doesn't completely trust his protection right now, especially with his "co-field general" (Mrob) not on the team anymore. Couple that with opposing teams crashing their DE's to try and take away his patented scrambling reverse "boot-leg" roll outs (Per watching film on RW), it makes for slow starts and disjointed offensive possessions early in the game. I have faith that RW/Bevell are smart men and will figure it out.

I thought stretching the field with some deep balls was part of PC's philosophy, to loosen up the oppositions run D, but we haven't seen much of that. The reason may be simply because PC doesn't trust the O-line protection either...Yet.

Look for some deep balls from RW this week. Regardless of the fact that the Jags are hapless this year, it will do wonders for our offense to get some reps against their D without having to worry too much about falling behind, due to a jags offense that looks like a JV high school football team.

Go Hawks!

tcs

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Bevell wants to be a power run team, and Russ feels like every play has to be a big one.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
I want Russell to throw 8 td's this weekend just to shut up the national press about how great the Manning/Broncos are!

But realistically I think a lot of this is on Bevell's play calling and them trying to turn Wilson into a Pocket Passer. SF had fairly decent protection on our receivers so Wilson was having to be pretty selective with his throws. Separation will help him! That and you could see all the backfield miscues (3 or 4 at least) during the game! That can, and will be practiced out of the offending parties!

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
I'm surprised with Big Russ going down with a toe injury that MRob isn't already back at the V this week sticking like glue to RW's left side where ever he goes, sitting to the left of RW in meetings, sleeping on the left side of RW's bed...

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":2txqbkv6 said:
I want Russell to throw 8 td's this weekend just to shut up the national press about how great the Manning/Broncos are!

But realistically I think a lot of this is on Bevell's play calling and them trying to turn Wilson into a Pocket Passer. SF had fairly decent protection on our receivers so Wilson was having to be pretty selective with his throws. Separation will help him! That and you could see all the backfield miscues (3 or 4 at least) during the game! That can, and will be practiced out of the offending parties!

Wilson IS a pocket passer. How any Seattle fan can say otherwise is a mystery to me.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score

Kelly.Orr

Reaction score
I don't think he trusts his O-line at all right now. I can't imagine what he must be thinking with Okung out for a short spell.

Hawks46

Reaction score
General Manager":72x4o66v said:
hawks4thewin":72x4o66v said:
Bevel has not had his butt lit up by pete yet for the LAME ASS PLAY CALLING..
it will be just like last year, lets hope it isn't in game 8 like last year. or game 6 or whenever it was.

The play calling was lame very lame.

I am hoping the playcalling is so vanilla because they don't want to throw any wrinkles in that they had for Harvin before he gets back. I will say that the Niners blitzed us a few times. One time, Wilson made them pay for it. But how about a freaking screen, just once ? I didn't hear about anything like that last game. Am I wrong and just missed it ?

Also, my poll answer would be "other....our OL really does stink outside of 2 players, and they better already be humble about it"

Imagine a less mobile QB behind this OL, and you'll know I'm right. Wilson escaped at least 3 sacks that maybe a few guys in the league get away from, just last game.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I don't know but it sure seems like we have seen a lot of Run on first down, run on second down, pass on third down.

Latest posts