Did trading for Howell close the door on a 1st round QB?

Did trading for Howell close the door on a 1st round QB?

• Yes.

Votes: 50 49.5%
  • No.

Votes: 51 50.5%

• Total voters

chris98251

Reaction score
Sometimes splash isn't what it's cracked up to be, consistent can have it's rewards as well. Also with all the new alignments going into this year it will be interesting to see how many players handle a higher level of again here we go consistent competition. How many schools are going to be playing places like East New Hampshire Commonwealth or Ozark Falls Tech going forward.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
Like I said there's not a lot of splash to be made in the 2025 draft at QB. Once you're past Beck and Sanders there's a drop off. They may be better off trying to make something happen this year or wait until 2026.
Cam Ward should be in the '25 draft, I'd take him over Sanders, and definitely over Beck.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Cam Ward should be in the '25 draft, I'd take him over Sanders, and definitely over Beck.
You mean this Cam Ward...
Per PFF:
"QB CAMERON WARD- Ward was ninth among FBS quarterbacks this year with a 78.6% adjusted completion rate. His 23 big-time throws were third among Pac-12 signal-callers as well. While Ward has a high ceiling, he still tends to be a bit of a rollercoaster. The junior’s 41 turnover-worthy plays over the last two seasons are the most among Power Five quarterbacks."
Not sure I'm down with that.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Sanders is too busy looking in the mirror, adding more chains and driving around town in his Mercedes. Yet another football player worried about the wrong things.
I understand that POV but I think S. Sanders is a baller and just emulating his daddy a bit. Daddy's money gives him lots to work with. He'll show us next year what he learned this year. He already pleaded with daddy to get him a better O-Line, which seems to be happening.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
A lot of very good QBs were not drafted in the top-10, and about half of the top-10 have been busts.

There, just one sentence to read.
Hey Seattle had a top 30 visit with Rattler. Can't wait to hear your useless post about how Seattle should "trade up for their guy".

That's how bad your take to trade up to 9 for B-03 is. Just in case you wondered.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Hey Seattle had a top 30 visit with Rattler. Can't wait to hear your useless post about how Seattle should "trade up for their guy".

That's how bad your take to trade up to 9 for B-03 is. Just in case you wondered.
Everyone likes to plug their own guy. Mine is Jason Bean QB Kansas As an UDFA or late late pick. Faster than Tyreek Hill.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
If we draft a QB we believe can be the future and at least play backup this year, then Howell can become trade bait for a team desperate for better QB play.

nwHawk

Reaction score
It would not surprise me if we carry 3 QBs this year in hopes to trade on next year. Years ago Philly seemed like they developed and traded a qb every year. No one does that anymore and quarterbacks are worth more now than ever.

HagFaithful

Reaction score
We'll draft BPA in the first two rounds, then we'll evaluate need/BPA in rounds 3-7.

warden

Reaction score
It has always been the Seahawks strategy to go into the draft with a full team and draft best player available over need. In free agency we needed and acquired a back up QB. If best player Available in the draft is a QB they will stay true to their boards and grab him

Last edited:

Fresno Hawk

Reaction score
The only way we draft a QB is if one falls to us at 16. I don't see us having 3 QB on the roster. If we do than one will need to go. Most likely Geno largely because of his age and salary.

Optimus25

Reaction score
I think one significant factor is the hiring of Grubb. He’s coming from a conference with 3 exceptionally high rated O line prospects and i have a feeling JS might swing at JPJ. This first round feels like the Russell Okung like pick to me from JS- Lock in a high caliber rookie who can become a foundational piece to the next generation and from which you can build a solid offensive line for once, and hey maybe just maybe you grab the next tunsil, Humphrey, or Martin.

If not O line i would bet very much on defense- I’m quite confident there is much less interest in these QBs than the average .net fan believes currently. Geno has 2-3 years of solid play in the tank if needed and Sam played the lights out in front of JS in our house, so i believe there is an extreme level of interest from the FO on whether anyone can elevate Sam to parlay that performance into a consistent level of play.

I think JS is on the Qb position where he used to be with the O line- grab a usable, versatile option- (think geno, drew, sam level) at a tremendous value and build everywhere else with a focus on the defense.

Last i think JS is in win now mode and about to throw all the chips on the table with Donald gone (the rams have made our path consistently harder every single year and Donald always did Donald things against us). And in reality a Seahawks defense that could at least make average tackling could have made the playoffs last year. If the next two drafts supplement the defense, we could have a team capable of the divisional round by default.

I can’t for the life of me see JS passing up the chance to snag a good to great OL or passing up the opportunity to pair Leonard Williams with like a Byron Murphy. If he misses on the next great interior player on either side of the ball i think he’s defeated emotionally, whereas if he misses on a very hit or miss QB prospect, he shrugs it off and rides Geno or Sam into the sunset.

Let it not be forgotten Our division does not need QB in the draft. One other consideration is that by drafting QB early we are giving the entire division extra shots in the first/second round at high level players. A very real concern imo since the first priority needs to be taking back the division.

Last edited:

CPHawk

Reaction score
No way. Ward is Dave Kreig but even more so. He is good when he’s good, but really bad when he’s bad.

Honestly as of right now. The QB class next year looks not great. Sanders could be good, it’s hard to tell when his dad gets him hit 20x a game. And he plays behind a swish cheese OL, which will still be bad next year.

Beck has all the tools, but he has some things that make me think he will have a tough time winning over a NFL locker room.

Ewers is about as overrated as they come imho.

Milroe is interesting because he improved a ton over the year, he has the size, and now in DeBoer O, he should put up big numbers.

Noah Fafita and Dillon Gabriel are solid college QB, but both are small for the NFL. But as college QBs I’d take both over any one not named Milroe for a college team.

Last edited:

Titus Pullo

Reaction score
Hawks will draft Penix at #25 to run the new offense.

They'll most likely trade down and pick up a 2nd round pick.

#15 and #118 to Green Bay for #25 and #58.

Almost an equal draft value.

GB has 2 second round picks and we have none.
We have 2 third round picks but give up one.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
No way. Ward is Dave Kreig but even more so. He is good when he’s good, but really bad when he’s bad.

Honestly as of right now. The QB class next year looks not great. Sanders could be good, it’s hard to tell when his dad gets him hit 20x a game. And he plays behind a swish cheese OL, which will still be bad next year.

Beck has all the tools, but he has some things that make me think he will have a tough time winning over a NFL locker room.

Ewers is about as overrated as they come imho.

Milroe is interesting because he improved a ton over the year, he has the size, and now in DeBoer O, he should put up big numbers.

Noah Fafita and Dillon Gabriel are solid college QB, but both are small for the NFL. But as college QBs I’d take both over any one not named Milroe for a college team.
I think Ewers will end up being the best QB in his draft class, Sanders has talent, but will he have his dad's attitude? That remains to be seen. I like Ward because of his upside (strong arm, escapability, etc...) as a Miami Canes fan, I look forward to seeing what he'll look like with an elite OL. He didn't have that luxury at WSU. Ewers & Sanders might go early, while I feel like Ward can be there when Seattle picks, which I predict will again be somewhere near the middle of the first round. Ward might even be available in the 2nd.

I'm not convinced by Beck & Milroe, for the same reason I wasn't convinced by Stetson Bennett, they seem like a product of their team. Gabriel is likely a career backup, and I've never even heard of Fafita, TBH.

Latest posts