Russell's Slow Start Is Because...

Russell's Slow Start Is Because...

• He feels sorry for the opponents so he's trying to act human.

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • He wants the OL to be humbled before they experience greatness.

Votes: 12 18.2%
  • Harbaugh's voodoo curse actually has some juice.

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • I have a better answer (read my response).

Votes: 30 45.5%

• Total voters

Sprfunk

Reaction score
Because
Can you win the game in the first quarter?
Nooooo
Can you win the game in the second quarter?
Noooooo
Can you win in the 3rd quarter?
Nooooooooo
Can you win the game I. The forth quarter?
Yeeeeeeeesssssss

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
Bevel has not had his butt lit up by pete yet for the LAME ASS PLAY CALLING..
it will be just like last year, lets hope it isn't in game 8 like last year. or game 6 or whenever it was.

General Manager

Reaction score
hawks4thewin":2cdce2cv said:
Bevel has not had his butt lit up by pete yet for the LAME ASS PLAY CALLING..
it will be just like last year, lets hope it isn't in game 8 like last year. or game 6 or whenever it was.

The play calling was lame very lame.

Smellyman

Reaction score
you have to put a lot of it on the WR's. I don't think they are helping out much. Tate and Rice need to step up.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Pete / Bevell believe RW can become a solid pocket passer without using the run to create space and / or keep the D honest.

They believe they are protecting him from injury.

They believe our D is so strong that we shouldn't need more than 20 ppg.

They believe our run blocking is so awesome that we don't need to complete passes or get production from the QB spot.

They believe robots are stealing team luggage.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Russell was 25/33 with 320 yards, 9.7 YPA, and no INTs in week one...

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
Todd Dombrowski, you are the prince of polls and poles.

Honestly I just think he his caught up in the moment, that shit gets to him too. He started out 1 for 5 in Carolina and 1 for 9 last night.
It's when he gets down to that proper dosage of adrenaline and that "in-the-now" mentality that he seems to really start cooking.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Early in the season, conservative and simplistic game plans, lacking Percy Harvin, MISSING HIS PRO BOWL LEFT TACKLE, facing two of the NFL's best defenses other than our own, our Pro Bowl center unexpectedly struggling, missing a handful of reads because he's short, insufficient blitz-beaters in the playbook, overthrows, trying to do too much...oh sorry, was this supposed to be a joke post?

kearly

Reaction score
I think outside of a 1-9 start in the SF game where his accuracy completely vanished he's played pretty well so far. That lack of accuracy was highly uncharacteristic and didn't last long. I think it was just a fluke, maybe some butterflies.

I do think he is making our line look bad at times by holding the ball in the pocket. I'm fine with Bevell's performance so far but next week I'd like to see an emphasis on quicker passing or at least doing more bootlegs to get Wilson on the move with the ball more often. It will be especially key with Okung out for the foreseeable future.

Seattle has done a lot of developing route plays, but hasn't actually pulled the trigger on very many deep passes. It's not like Carolina and SF have good secondaries either. I wonder what that's all about.

Dreadbelch

Reaction score
We've faced two great defenses. If he struggles against Jacksonville, we'll know something's up.

We'll grill up a 40 burger this Sunday and everything will be fine.

razgriz737

Reaction score
kearly":2kytsf3c said:
I do think he is making our line look bad at times by holding the ball in the pocket. I'm fine with Bevell's performance so far but next week I'd like to see an emphasis on quicker passing or at least doing more bootlegs to get Wilson on the move with the ball more often.
Agreed. Russell is dynamite when throwing on the run.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Because he's human and it took he and Bevell a while to figure out how to beat what the 49ers were doing. I think these first two games we've pretty much faced two of the best front 7's in the league.

bellingerga

Reaction score
He's starting out like he did last year. Very rocky, and a little jumpy. He's holding on to the ball too long in alot of cases and when he does get rid of it he puts way too much on it often.

I really think it just boils down to not trusting the O-line and blitzpickup.

This will get fixed within the next game or two then they'll catch fire again like last year.

THE TABS

Reaction score
dopeboy206":3dljqnuy said:
Pass blocking and WR's are not getting separation.

Second that.

Lack of perimeter speed on offense is our single biggest weakness. Wilson's athleticism helps to compensate when he escapes the rush, which means we can get by for now. In the meantime, I would like to see Stephen Williams get some more snaps, because he's the one guy we have that can take the top off the opposing defense.

I'm crossing my fingers that Percy Harvin can come back in December.