Russell Wilson: Second half of the season

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
I read the other day, don't remember where I saw this article (.Com I think) anyway, I did not realize Russell was on pace to become the most sacked QB in Seahawk history. Of course with Okung on his way back and Giaccomeany somewhere close to the same? this should slow somewhat the opposing teams DL. I hope.

Did I mention Cable needs to go? I see I didn't. Well Tom Cable needs to hit the bricks. Way waaay over rated.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
scutterhawk":3c7qee8i said:
There's a bunch of Seahawks fans around here that have made fun of the O-Line players that are getting blown up by PRO BOWLERS, and let's just take a little stroll down memory lane guys, back to a game last Season, when the Rams registered 6 sacks on Wilson, and that was with all our #1s in place, and hell, we even lost a game to them in ST Louie last Season.

Whom exactly do you think our O-line is going to face this postseason? Green Bay and New Orleans are both getting as good an adjusted sack rate as St. Louis*. Maybe not in exactly the same manner, but they're getting production. The real kicker is that they have a QB who's probably capable of exceeding the 20 points allowed that we're averaging. Our 7-1 record isn't an accident, no, but I'd rest it practically entirely at the feet of our defense. Their excellence puts minimal demands on our offense. In the postseason, those demands will be increased, and the formula for fighting off such QB usually involves the offense just as much as it does the defense. That's how we beat Tom Brady.

It's not unreasonable to wonder how our offense will fare in the postseason while our offense is penalizing, whiffing, and miscommunicating itself into oblivion while special teams flirts with disaster. Again, St. Louis is NOT the first example of such things. Get back soon, Okung.

*Carolina and Dallas aren't bad, either, but their offenses aren't as threatening.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":nqdwcs15 said:
scutterhawk":nqdwcs15 said:
There's a bunch of Seahawks fans around here that have made fun of the O-Line players that are getting blown up by PRO BOWLERS, and let's just take a little stroll down memory lane guys, back to a game last Season, when the Rams registered 6 sacks on Wilson, and that was with all our #1s in place, and hell, we even lost a game to them in ST Louie last Season.

Whom exactly do you think our O-line is going to face this postseason? Green Bay and New Orleans are both getting as good an adjusted sack rate as St. Louis*. Maybe not in exactly the same manner, but they're getting production. The real kicker is that they have a QB who's probably capable of exceeding the 20 points allowed that we're averaging. Our 7-1 record isn't an accident, no, but I'd rest it practically entirely at the feet of our defense. Their excellence puts minimal demands on our offense. In the postseason, those demands will be increased, and the formula for fighting off such QB usually involves the offense just as much as it does the defense. That's how we beat Tom Brady.

It's not unreasonable to wonder how our offense will fare in the postseason while our offense is penalizing, whiffing, and miscommunicating itself into oblivion while special teams flirts with disaster. Again, St. Louis is NOT the first example of such things. Get back soon, Okung.

*Carolina and Dallas aren't bad, either, but their offenses aren't as threatening.
I only pointed out the fact that the Seahawks didn't always have this tissue paper Offense, and even though it's obviously a problem, it's not been enough of a back-breaker that cost us a game, like it did against the Rams last Season, when we were less porous in defending RW.
When we do face NO or GB ,I think we'll have most of our best O-linemen back in the fold ,and Rodgers already knows what Breese has yet to learn, and that is, It's fairly easy to score at will against a lot of teams around the League with those two gunners, but not so damned easy to do it against the Seahawks dominating Defense ,who only seem to be getting all their ducks in a row this Season.
And by the way, the Seahawks beat the defending world champion Saints soundly with the running attack of the Beast, and we also didn't have the likes of Russell Wilson leading the charge back then either.
It probably won't be an easy win, BUT (and here's the homer part) if it's at the clink, I think it's still going to be a win.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2p5idbrb said:
Not with our O line.

I don't see how anything improves until we get Okung and Giacomini back.

They couldn't adjust last week when the Rams were killing us. What makes you think they can now?

I see another ugly struggle tomorrow. The book is out.
Respectively disagree given no team beyond the Rams or possibly Houston could attempt that game plan. And only if we have no OL or Harvin. I don't see any road opponent matching that criteria regardless. Unless you think we're losing at home this year?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2655tnmi said:
Not with our O line.

I don't see how anything improves until we get Okung and Giacomini back.

They couldn't adjust last week when the Rams were killing us. What makes you think they can now?

I see another ugly struggle tomorrow. The book is out.
Respectively disagree given no team beyond the Rams or possibly Houston could attempt that game plan. And only if we have no OL or Harvin.

justafan

Reaction score
I think we will see better protection calls at the line of scrimmage.Wilson needs to take charge of that if Unger is still making them.Somebody on the field has been dropping the ball.Usually the center makes them but since Wilson is the one taking the beating he should be taking charge since things havent been getting picked up at the line.
Its easy to forget Wilson is still learning the NFL game.
There is more to it than just the play called

OP
OP
tom sawyer

tom sawyer

Reaction score
Did we learn more from the Rams films than any other game this year? ... We are soon to find out.

My prediction is Wilson will ...

1. Take less time to unload the ball.
2. Get better protection (than last week anyway).
3. Not fumble and only get sacked twice (at the most).

Latest posts