12 yards of offense in a half

renofox

Reaction score
Do they not have other plans/play drawn up to be used in various unforeseen circumstances?
They have them, but that would mean deviating from the game plan. The last 6+ years have shown that's a no-no in PC's book.

Expecting things to go perfectly as planned on paper seems a little naive on their part.
I would classify it as stubborn. This is the coaching MO. The most obvious example was the 2018 playoff game against the Cowboys where we spent nearly 3 quarters running it up the middle unsuccessfully against stacked boxes. It actually started before then, but it has become unmistakable since.

Or at least against the familiar Rams have a set of plays drawn up for those games when AD is blowing up the line?
AD has been wrecking the Seahawks for years. With 2 starting OTs out they STILL kept calling long-developing plays. Apparently, it is impossible for this coaching staff to develop flexible game plans.

HawkFreak

Reaction score
AD has been wrecking the Seahawks for years. With 2 starting OTs out they STILL kept calling long-developing plays. Apparently, it is impossible for this coaching staff to develop flexible game plans.
THIS was so frustrating. It felt like they had RW back at QB stubbornly looking to throw it downfield every play. Please. Just. develop. a. short. passing. game-plan.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I expect backup linemen to not do as well, but at least do a little something to slow down the pass rush, as opposed to nothing.
EVEN THE #1s were having problems pass blocking/run blocking, what makes ya think that the "Backups" would be able to do any better?
The mere fact that things pretty much went to hell AFTER the two Starting Tackles went out should have told you that the Backups were going to be picked apart by that bunch of sharks...I mean hell, even I could see the Rams Defense moving in for the kill with Donald leading the feeding frenzy.

Last edited:

RiverDog

Reaction score
Anytime an offense plays that poorly where they generate 12 yards and one first down in 30 minutes of football, there's plenty of blame to spread around. Injuries to our tackles? Yep. Geno? Yep. Waldron? Yep. Our defense that can't get off the field? Yep. Plenty of places to point the finger.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
EVEN THE #1s were having problems pass blocking/run blocking, what makes ya think that the "Backups" would be able to do any better?
The mere fact that things pretty much went to hell AFTER the two Starting Tackles went out should have told you that the Backups were going to be picked apart by that bunch of sharks...I mean hell, even I could see the Rams Defense moving in for the kill with Donald leading the feeding frenzy.

Didn't you already respond to this post?

I expect the backups to be able to do a bit more than they did. Whether that means they should be more talented or we should use a scheme they can be more successful in, I just think we should expect better results.

If the starters were getting destroyed, too, well then I would like to see them be better, too, again either with more talent, better coaching, or a better scheme.

flv2

Reaction score
With hindsight I don't blame Waldron at all. This was game circumstances and a few poor throws/decisions by Smith.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Didn't you already respond to this post?

I expect the backups to be able to do a bit more than they did. Whether that means they should be more talented or we should use a scheme they can be more successful in, I just think we should expect better results.

If the starters were getting destroyed, too, well then I would like to see them be better, too, again either with more talent, better coaching, or a better scheme.
Yes I did, and it pretty much flew right over your heads, I thought MAYBE a little more clarification would do the trick, but sometimes, folks just have their minds made up, and there's zero room for perspectives.
LOL, Can't say I didn't try.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Yes I did, and it pretty much flew right over your heads, I thought MAYBE a little more clarification would do the trick, but sometimes, folks just have their minds made up, and there's zero room for perspectives.
LOL, Can't say I didn't try.

So your point is that the Rams defensive line is so good that we should just accept the fact that our offensive line won't be able to stop them?

HawkinNY

Reaction score
For Christ sake, with the way that Aaron Donald was B*tch-slapping our backups on the Offensive line, & Geno having ZERO TIME for a called play to develop???....So tired of trying to discuss reasoning with slow minded people, LOLOL
Stop calling plays that take so long to develop. Play calling was awful. Our coordinators are terrible.

knownone

Reaction score
It's worth noting (on paper) that we only had three long-developing pass plays in the second half, and two came after DK's penalty, where they had to get 17 yards. Contrast that with seven short(5)/intermediate(2) passes where Geno got the ball out in 2-3 seconds. So, were long-developing plays really the reason we struggled? Probably not.

Crizilla

Reaction score
This is what I saw. What really bothers me is that casual fans can see the obvious, but professional coaches act clueless.

What's sad is I'm not convinced they even realize this. Pete talks like they didn't execute here and there, but the biggest issue was not adjusting.

I swear, 4 or 5 more years of this and I'm done with Pete....
4 or 5 more years? Lmao. Bro this should be the year or else it's time to move on

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Why wait?, flunk out now and avoid the rush.
I have been calling for Pete's head for going on 5 years now not that it will happen until 2025 or Pete decides to retire before then. Because just like the ownership Pete and John are checked out and just collecting checks at this point.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
So your point is that the Rams defensive line is so good that we should just accept the fact that our offensive line won't be able to stop them?
Well, you can accept whatever you so choose to believe (which you're going to do anyway), BUT the very moment the Left & Right Tackles went down, it was obviously 'Game Over'; the backups weren't going to do anywhere near as good a job as Geno's Trusted >Continuity< Bookends... McVay KNEW that and yet it seems that the memo hasn't reached some of us fans just yet.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Well, you can accept whatever you so choose to believe (which you're going to do anyway), BUT the very moment the Left & Right Tackles went down, it was obviously 'Game Over'; the backups weren't going to do anywhere near as good a job as Geno's Trusted >Continuity< Bookends... McVay KNEW that and yet it seems that the memo hasn't reached some of us fans just yet.

If the Hawks took advantage of the blocked FG and converted that into another FG or TD like they should have with such a short field, then losing our tackles in the 2nd half wouldn't have been AS big of a deal.

Still obviously a big deal, but when you're behind and have to throw late in games without either tackle? Dead in the water, which is what we saw.

A bigger lead or closer game and you're still able to run the ball and use shorter route trees. It was being down by so much that magnified the loss of the tackles.

Btw, will be the same this week. If the Hawks get down early and Geno has to throw predictably? Also game over.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
If the Hawks took advantage of the blocked FG and converted that into another FG or TD like they should have with such a short field, then losing our tackles in the 2nd half wouldn't have been AS big of a deal.

Still obviously a big deal, but when you're behind and have to throw late in games without either tackle? Dead in the water, which is what we saw.

A bigger lead or closer game and you're still able to run the ball and use shorter route trees. It was being down by so much that magnified the loss of the tackles.

Btw, will be the same this week. If the Hawks get down early and Geno has to throw predictably? Also game over.
Yep, I just read an article that said that the Seahawks are relying too much on the big plays, and not doing enough to develop the YAC to keep the chains moving.
It's become obvious that the most successful Offenses in the League are trending more towards the short game (WCO?) and that Pete & Co. have yet to get on board with it.
Teams that employ RB's that can also catch (Kenny Mac) are the ones that are seeing the most success (McCaffery)
I think Pete will get on board with this trend once he gets burned by it enough....Sooner the Better.